Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Valerus the Weaver of the Element..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91291
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 19-Mar-10 06:16 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91291, "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Valerus the Weaver of the Elements"

Fri Mar 19 18:14:46 2010

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Valerus perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:172

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply To bad you didn't stick it out...., Ckath (Guest), 20-Mar-10 05:32 AM, #1
     Reply Yeah, I probably took it to hard, but, Treebeard1 (Guest), 22-Mar-10 02:57 PM, #2
          Reply I'd like to point out, Daevryn, 22-Mar-10 03:07 PM, #3
               Reply Thanks Daev, Treebeard1 (Guest), 22-Mar-10 04:07 PM, #4
               Reply Thanks Daev, Treebeard1 (Guest), 22-Mar-10 04:07 PM, #5
                    Reply I'll bite:, Daevryn, 22-Mar-10 04:17 PM, #6
                         Reply I might be waaaay off here, Treebeard1 (Guest), 22-Mar-10 04:46 PM, #7
                         Reply RE: I might be waaaay off here, Daevryn, 22-Mar-10 05:06 PM, #9
                              Reply Speaking of Pebble, Kamuela_, 22-Mar-10 11:16 PM, #10
                                   Reply For the record..., Daevryn, 24-Mar-10 11:38 AM, #11
                         Reply I might be waaaay off here, Treebeard1 (Guest), 22-Mar-10 04:46 PM, #8

Ckath (Guest)Sat 20-Mar-10 05:32 AM

#91295, "To bad you didn't stick it out...."
In response to Reply #0

... What happened really sucks...

Treebeard1 (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-10 02:57 PM

#91366, "Yeah, I probably took it to hard, but"
In response to Reply #1

it was really, really disheartening. I haven't fought empire in months, and was not used to that kinda thing. But its not your fault at all.

This was my first hero voker, and I learned a lot about the class. When I lost those shinies, and realized how much i regretted not taking earth path, and trouble with finding my black rod, I decided to throw in the towel.

Twist, thanks so much for the chance. You literally read my mind, and I'd LOVE to try it again some time.

Thanks everyone,
Treebeard/Fulgrum/Urulkaan/more...

DaevrynMon 22-Mar-10 03:07 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91367, "I'd like to point out"
In response to Reply #2

That despite the fact that I cracked on you that one time, I generally liked this character.

Treebeard1 (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-10 04:07 PM

#91369, "Thanks Daev"
In response to Reply #3

I know my role was, well, non-existant. But i tried to be the mage's mage, helpful, nice and polite to my friends, and atleast polite to my foes.

I really do like nexus, but i don't think the powers mesh well with a voker who's dropped earth and hasn't found reliable barrier.

but I'll be back. And i might try a follower of yours

Treebeard1 (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-10 04:07 PM

#91370, "Thanks Daev"
In response to Reply #3

I know my role was, well, non-existant. But i tried to be the mage's mage, helpful, nice and polite to my friends, and atleast polite to my foes.

I really do like nexus, but i don't think the powers mesh well with a voker who's dropped earth and hasn't found reliable barrier.

but I'll be back. And i might try a follower of yours

DaevrynMon 22-Mar-10 04:17 PM
11117 posts
#91371, "I'll bite:"
In response to Reply #5

Why were you missing earth so much?

I mean, I can make a pretty good devil's advocate argument for not dropping each path, but in your specific case?

Treebeard1 (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-10 04:46 PM

#91372, "I might be waaaay off here"
In response to Reply #6

But I was under the impression, especially after talking with other invokers, that rain of stone could have the potential to lag a bit. Same with pebble. I missed that potential, but moreover, I missed earthriple and dig.

I envisioned some scenarios where they'd be good together, and earthripple by itself in general. Anywho, I just felt like I'd have more tactical options with the earth spells.

Oh, and, fwiw, I totally deserved that smack for Kiadanna. Looking at my insane amount of mobdeaths, you might get why I was so eager to rank, but it was totally not smart to just be like, oh, yeah, we'll finish this pass.

Thanks for the input!

DaevrynMon 22-Mar-10 05:06 PM
11117 posts
#91374, "RE: I might be waaaay off here"
In response to Reply #7

Rain of Stone can potentially lag, although that's a mixed bag.

Pebble too, but I think it's a really overused spell from the sense of, it never lags them longer than you, and would you really spam trip on someone as an invoker if you could? (That doesn't mean there aren't uses for it.)

I heart earthripple and dig, though.

Kamuela_Mon 22-Mar-10 11:16 PM
Member since 18th Sep 2004
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#91377, "Speaking of Pebble"
In response to Reply #9

One time when it is good is against certain enlarged Fire Giants, who will just about never save against it with their huge size and low dex. There were quite a few times where my terrible goodie invoker (Anordes) and Saroiya nearly took out Cabdru with the pebble/spinthrust spam. Too bad Saroiya kept missing when you were near death!

DaevrynWed 24-Mar-10 11:38 AM
11117 posts
#91405, "For the record..."
In response to Reply #10

No, that doesn't make my list of smart uses of pebble.

The fights in that era with just Saroiya were near identical, honestly.

Treebeard1 (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-10 04:46 PM

#91373, "I might be waaaay off here"
In response to Reply #6

But I was under the impression, especially after talking with other invokers, that rain of stone could have the potential to lag a bit. Same with pebble. I missed that potential, but moreover, I missed earthriple and dig.

I envisioned some scenarios where they'd be good together, and earthripple by itself in general. Anywho, I just felt like I'd have more tactical options with the earth spells.

Oh, and, fwiw, I totally deserved that smack for Kiadanna. Looking at my insane amount of mobdeaths, you might get why I was so eager to rank, but it was totally not smart to just be like, oh, yeah, we'll finish this pass.

Thanks for the input!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91291 Previous topic | Next topic