Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Valerus the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=91291
91291, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Valerus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 19 18:14:46 2010

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Valerus perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:172
91295, To bad you didn't stick it out....
Posted by Ckath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... What happened really sucks...
91366, Yeah, I probably took it to hard, but
Posted by Treebeard1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
it was really, really disheartening. I haven't fought empire in months, and was not used to that kinda thing. But its not your fault at all.

This was my first hero voker, and I learned a lot about the class. When I lost those shinies, and realized how much i regretted not taking earth path, and trouble with finding my black rod, I decided to throw in the towel.

Twist, thanks so much for the chance. You literally read my mind, and I'd LOVE to try it again some time.

Thanks everyone,
Treebeard/Fulgrum/Urulkaan/more...
91367, I'd like to point out
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That despite the fact that I cracked on you that one time, I generally liked this character.
91369, Thanks Daev
I know my role was, well, non-existant. But i tried to be the mage's mage, helpful, nice and polite to my friends, and atleast polite to my foes.

I really do like nexus, but i don't think the powers mesh well with a voker who's dropped earth and hasn't found reliable barrier.

but I'll be back. And i might try a follower of yours :)
91370, Thanks Daev
I know my role was, well, non-existant. But i tried to be the mage's mage, helpful, nice and polite to my friends, and atleast polite to my foes.

I really do like nexus, but i don't think the powers mesh well with a voker who's dropped earth and hasn't found reliable barrier.

but I'll be back. And i might try a follower of yours :)
91371, I'll bite:
Why were you missing earth so much?

I mean, I can make a pretty good devil's advocate argument for not dropping each path, but in your specific case?
91372, I might be waaaay off here
But I was under the impression, especially after talking with other invokers, that rain of stone could have the potential to lag a bit. Same with pebble. I missed that potential, but moreover, I missed earthriple and dig.

I envisioned some scenarios where they'd be good together, and earthripple by itself in general. Anywho, I just felt like I'd have more tactical options with the earth spells.

Oh, and, fwiw, I totally deserved that smack for Kiadanna. Looking at my insane amount of mobdeaths, you might get why I was so eager to rank, but it was totally not smart to just be like, oh, yeah, we'll finish this pass.

Thanks for the input!
91374, RE: I might be waaaay off here
Rain of Stone can potentially lag, although that's a mixed bag.

Pebble too, but I think it's a really overused spell from the sense of, it never lags them longer than you, and would you really spam trip on someone as an invoker if you could? (That doesn't mean there aren't uses for it.)

I heart earthripple and dig, though.
91377, Speaking of Pebble
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One time when it is good is against certain enlarged Fire Giants, who will just about never save against it with their huge size and low dex. There were quite a few times where my terrible goodie invoker (Anordes) and Saroiya nearly took out Cabdru with the pebble/spinthrust spam. Too bad Saroiya kept missing when you were near death!
91405, For the record...
No, that doesn't make my list of smart uses of pebble.

The fights in that era with just Saroiya were near identical, honestly.
91373, I might be waaaay off here
But I was under the impression, especially after talking with other invokers, that rain of stone could have the potential to lag a bit. Same with pebble. I missed that potential, but moreover, I missed earthriple and dig.

I envisioned some scenarios where they'd be good together, and earthripple by itself in general. Anywho, I just felt like I'd have more tactical options with the earth spells.

Oh, and, fwiw, I totally deserved that smack for Kiadanna. Looking at my insane amount of mobdeaths, you might get why I was so eager to rank, but it was totally not smart to just be like, oh, yeah, we'll finish this pass.

Thanks for the input!