Subject: "(Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86367
Show all folders

Kaskin (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 07:53 PM

#86367, "(Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds"

I managed with help to hero a felar ranger with 12 strength. My first ranger hero, and only my second Hero ever.

Getting Gayed in my home terrain by a Shapeshifter was just bleh. I could have fought better, but having played so many various ranger types I expected more out of Marshdwellers.

I'm going to play another ranger, but not another Marshdweller and never another hunter, the terrain is just too restrictive and Non-Hunters actually defend just as well or close enough while doing way more damage.

Felar hunter's are actually pretty neat.

I tried to play him as childlike, both dependant and bratty. I don't think I was #### to anyone, I did try to teach a couple people a few things, but in reality.. I was learning a TON.

I'm looking forward to my next.

Thank you Tangni, Sehvindre, Baerinika, Nephi, Kelyurn, Sulye, Bergelmir, Yanilue, Tinalue, Quird, Baldmir (I know it was in your role Kaskin just get's hurt feelings.)

No real enemies to speak off.

see you in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Question for Imms on Ambush., Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 04:39 PM, #22
Reply RE: Question for Imms on Ambush., Daevryn, 28-Sep-09 05:44 PM, #23
Reply Aaaawwwwwwww, dwimmerling, 28-Sep-09 01:34 PM, #20
Reply RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds, Kelyurn (Guest), 27-Sep-09 11:08 PM, #12
Reply Hey. couple things., Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 11:01 AM, #18
Reply Bah...I didn't want you to do this., Lornis (Guest), 27-Sep-09 10:39 PM, #11
Reply You took the Bracers of Archery., Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 10:57 AM, #17
     Reply It is a bad matchup for you in a few ways., Lornis (Guest), 28-Sep-09 12:01 PM, #19
          Reply Yeah. The teleport was dumb,, Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 04:07 PM, #21
Reply God Damnit!, Baerinika, 27-Sep-09 08:40 PM, #
Reply I felt annoying. Heh., Kaskin (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:41 PM, #5
     Reply Nah, Baerinika, 27-Sep-09 08:48 PM, #7
          Reply I was kinda playing up the whole, Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 10:43 AM, #14
Reply Dude., Daevryn, 27-Sep-09 08:38 PM, #2
Reply DUDE!, Kaskin (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:40 PM, #4
     Reply RE: DUDE!, _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:58 PM, #8
     Reply No YOU chill., Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 10:47 AM, #16
          Reply Yeah he needs to chill., wareagle, 28-Sep-09 09:39 PM, #24
     Reply RE: DUDE!, Daevryn, 27-Sep-09 11:16 PM, #13
          Reply I was an outlander., Kaskin (Guest), 28-Sep-09 10:45 AM, #15
Reply RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds, Tangni (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:19 PM, #1
     Reply What? How?, Kaskin (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:39 PM, #3
          Reply RE: What? How?, Tangni (Guest), 27-Sep-09 08:45 PM, #6
               Reply RE: What? How?, Sulye (Guest), 27-Sep-09 10:14 PM, #9
                    Reply Hehe, Dwoggurd, 27-Sep-09 10:31 PM, #10

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 04:39 PM

#86398, "Question for Imms on Ambush."
In response to Reply #0

Kaskin hit his ambushes every bit as hard as my last svifneblin ranger.

I always felt like my svirf wasn't ambushing as hard as he should be.

I also read where another Svirneblin's ambushes were discussed as being kind of small in damage.

Is it possible that there's a bug in Svirf Ranger Ambushes?

DaevrynMon 28-Sep-09 05:44 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86399, "RE: Question for Imms on Ambush."
In response to Reply #22

>Is it possible that there's a bug in Svirf Ranger Ambushes?

Pretty sure no.

dwimmerlingMon 28-Sep-09 01:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#86394, "Aaaawwwwwwww"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you. You probably barely noticed me.
Good luck on the next, I may be following suit soon.

Kelyurn (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 11:08 PM

#86383, "RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I was very sorry to read this bud. Thanks for all the interactions. Once kel dies, ill write more. Cheers for all the interactions.

Kelyurn, lost in the wilds

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 11:01 AM

#86390, "Hey. couple things."
In response to Reply #12

Don't give up.

I play from work so at times I'm just not available. Other times I was fighting or ranking.

But I was trying to help you develope your role a bit more based on what you told me.

Sorry for the misunderstanding over your possessions thing. I thought you were blowing Tangni off to go look for shinnies. I didn't realize you were looking for things that had been Looted and Lornis left for you.

Outlander is a neat cabal when it has neat people which it does right now.

I can't wait until you die to hear more! lol I kid.

Lornis (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 10:39 PM

#86381, "Bah...I didn't want you to do this."
In response to Reply #0

It was only one fight and I came very ready for you. Sorry man, but you shoulda stuck it out.

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 10:57 AM

#86389, "You took the Bracers of Archery."
In response to Reply #11

It took me 58 hours to get those and I lost them in 4.

Hah. I kid.. No wait...

Wasn't your fault.

I wanted to rank a Character to hero that was severly crippled I did and Kaskin was a neat character. But I gotta honestly say reguardless of what Nep says, it was a shock for him to do that poorly in a purely mechanical sense.

Marsh terrain is so limited in availability and is almost always out of the way. It was night and day when I would fight out of Terrain vs In terrain and that just eesh.

I could have done a number of things different in that fight but you ate through my HP so fast I was like what the ####? Most fights would last 20 rounds in the swamps with him it seemed. Not with you. Kaskin was the first character I ever used talismans and I was trying to figure out why I couldn't teleport out of the swamp.

I like how you play too btw. You telling me about Kelyurns equipment was classy.

Lornis (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 12:01 PM

#86392, "It is a bad matchup for you in a few ways."
In response to Reply #17

I came at night with druktar, which makes the woods not very good for you if they are somewhat strong. I also saw my Nightwalker land a very rare acid blast on you for an annhilate. Alligator is pretty easy to parry, but the ones that get through on someone unprotected are going to leave a major mark. You did get away once with the talisman, but I don't think you can teleport away while fighting which was when I saw you brandist the second time. Also, teleporting in that part of the world doesn't get you very far, so it wasn't hard to track you down.

As for Kelyurn. He seems kinda new to me as I had told him where his thing were and then I saw him "wandering" around the desert, or it seemed he was. I kinda felt bad and figured he might not know exactly where the chasm was? It was actually probably poor RP on my part to do all I did to return the stuff, but I did eventually fly it to the huntress because it was "cluttering Up my chasm."

Anyway, good luck with your next.

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 04:07 PM

#86397, "Yeah. The teleport was dumb,"
In response to Reply #19

That's the worst continent to do that on. But my fingers were tied up. I missed half the fight because of typoes. lol

Anyway. Keep on trucking.

BaerinikaSun 27-Sep-09 08:40 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86373, "God Damnit!"

Do NOT make Baer care about you and then delete on her! Grr.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Kaskin (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:41 PM

#86375, "I felt annoying. Heh."
In response to Reply #0

That's the most I've ever bothered an Imm ever.. and I've had a dozen empowereeeee characters.

Was fun though. Thanks for the good times.

BaerinikaSun 27-Sep-09 08:48 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#86377, "Nah"
In response to Reply #5

Tho there were a couple times today where you were just hanging out not saying much and I wasn't sure if you wanted to just hang out or if I should say something. You weren't annoying though. It was a good flip on the standard Baer religion.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 10:43 AM

#86386, "I was kinda playing up the whole"
In response to Reply #7

quiet pressence thing at times.

DaevrynSun 27-Sep-09 08:38 PM
11117 posts
#86371, "Dude."
In response to Reply #0

They're called flaws for a reason.

If you want to take them, moer power to you -- but you shouldn't be surprised when a character with a maximum strength of 12 can't stack up to a Scion mage cabal leader with a good draw of forms plus a quest form. That's a hard fight for even a lot of mechanically serious characters, and a melee guy with 12 str isn't one.

Kaskin (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:40 PM

#86374, "DUDE!"
In response to Reply #2

Chill.

I know what they are. But the characters strength didn't play a part in that battle. The build just wasn't that fun for me.

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:58 PM

#86378, "RE: DUDE!"
In response to Reply #4

I think you misunderstood Nep. He wasn't being "unchill" at all. You made statement that made it sound like you were disappointed about getting "gayed" by a shapeshifter in your home terrain. He was politely explaining to you that your character build (additionally, the 12 strength) would have a difficult time dealing with said shapeshifter scion leader.

So you chill.

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 10:47 AM

#86388, "No YOU chill."
In response to Reply #8

I'm chill. Is it chilly in here?

wareagleMon 28-Sep-09 09:39 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86403, "Yeah he needs to chill."
In response to Reply #16

I'm not even sure why he chimed in.

You seem to have a good attitude and I'm sure you'll take in everything said without someone jumping in just for the hell of it to reinforce Nep's statement, true as it is.

Because noone has a chance against certain powerhouse characters now and upcoming.

Keep playing though, you'll end up with one. And it'll be awesome, trust me.

DaevrynSun 27-Sep-09 11:16 PM
11117 posts
#86384, "RE: DUDE!"
In response to Reply #4

>Chill.
>
>I know what they are. But the characters strength didn't play
>a part in that battle. The build just wasn't that fun for me.

If you attacked him or were attacked at some point, your strength was a factor. I'll grant you it may not have been the deciding factor, but... it's hard to say. Having a 17 strength probably wouldn't have let you kill him, but there's a solid chance it could make the difference in you getting away.

But if the build in general just isn't that fun for you, then the build in general just isn't that fun for you. It's probably not one I would have picked, but my feelings on the Fort Rec Center factor against rangers are well known.

Kaskin (Guest)Mon 28-Sep-09 10:45 AM

#86387, "I was an outlander."
In response to Reply #13

I only went to the fort maybe twice and never fought there.

Anyway, as I got to understand a few more things, I started getting other ideas.

Tangni (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:19 PM

#86368, "RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I wish you hadnt done that, you were fun to have around. I liked Kaskin, he presented me with a challenge in some ways.

Kaskin (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:39 PM

#86372, "What? How?"
In response to Reply #1

Just wondering.

Tangni (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 08:45 PM

#86376, "RE: What? How?"
In response to Reply #3

Tangni thinks of all the wardens as his children, he is thier father, so he is supposed to look after them and give them gentle nudges and guide them, not tell them what to do, but give gentle suggestions. When I tried to give Kaskin one he would get super defensive and pull inside himself for a while. That is frustrating to a person who is more of a fatherly figure style. Because he wants to help, but cant because you wont let him. So I had to try to find angles to try to calm Kaskin down so I could talk to him.

Sulye (Guest)Sun 27-Sep-09 10:14 PM

#86379, "RE: What? How?"
In response to Reply #6

Okay, so, I totally thought Tangni was female.

DwoggurdSun 27-Sep-09 10:31 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86380, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #9

Maybe shemale or whatever
On a side note: if Tangni would start to teach and "help" my char I wouldn't go defensive. I would go *facepalm* straightly.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #86367 Previous topic | Next topic