Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86367
86367, (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Kaskin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I managed with help to hero a felar ranger with 12 strength. My first ranger hero, and only my second Hero ever.

Getting Gayed in my home terrain by a Shapeshifter was just bleh. I could have fought better, but having played so many various ranger types I expected more out of Marshdwellers.

I'm going to play another ranger, but not another Marshdweller and never another hunter, the terrain is just too restrictive and Non-Hunters actually defend just as well or close enough while doing way more damage.

Felar hunter's are actually pretty neat.

I tried to play him as childlike, both dependant and bratty. I don't think I was #### to anyone, I did try to teach a couple people a few things, but in reality.. I was learning a TON.

I'm looking forward to my next.

Thank you Tangni, Sehvindre, Baerinika, Nephi, Kelyurn, Sulye, Bergelmir, Yanilue, Tinalue, Quird, Baldmir (I know it was in your role Kaskin just get's hurt feelings.)

No real enemies to speak off.

see you in the fields.
86398, Question for Imms on Ambush.
Kaskin hit his ambushes every bit as hard as my last svifneblin ranger.

I always felt like my svirf wasn't ambushing as hard as he should be.

I also read where another Svirneblin's ambushes were discussed as being kind of small in damage.

Is it possible that there's a bug in Svirf Ranger Ambushes?
86399, RE: Question for Imms on Ambush.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Is it possible that there's a bug in Svirf Ranger Ambushes?

Pretty sure no.
86394, Aaaawwwwwwww
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. You probably barely noticed me.
Good luck on the next, I may be following suit soon.
86383, RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Kelyurn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very sorry to read this bud. Thanks for all the interactions. Once kel dies, ill write more. Cheers for all the interactions.

Kelyurn, lost in the wilds
86390, Hey. couple things.
Don't give up.

I play from work so at times I'm just not available. Other times I was fighting or ranking.

But I was trying to help you develope your role a bit more based on what you told me.

Sorry for the misunderstanding over your possessions thing. I thought you were blowing Tangni off to go look for shinnies. I didn't realize you were looking for things that had been Looted and Lornis left for you.

Outlander is a neat cabal when it has neat people which it does right now.

I can't wait until you die to hear more! lol I kid.
86381, Bah...I didn't want you to do this.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was only one fight and I came very ready for you. Sorry man, but you shoulda stuck it out.
86389, You took the Bracers of Archery.
It took me 58 hours to get those and I lost them in 4.

Hah. I kid.. No wait...

Wasn't your fault.

I wanted to rank a Character to hero that was severly crippled I did and Kaskin was a neat character. But I gotta honestly say reguardless of what Nep says, it was a shock for him to do that poorly in a purely mechanical sense.

Marsh terrain is so limited in availability and is almost always out of the way. It was night and day when I would fight out of Terrain vs In terrain and that just eesh.

I could have done a number of things different in that fight but you ate through my HP so fast I was like what the ####? Most fights would last 20 rounds in the swamps with him it seemed. Not with you. Kaskin was the first character I ever used talismans and I was trying to figure out why I couldn't teleport out of the swamp.

I like how you play too btw. You telling me about Kelyurns equipment was classy.
86392, It is a bad matchup for you in a few ways.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I came at night with druktar, which makes the woods not very good for you if they are somewhat strong. I also saw my Nightwalker land a very rare acid blast on you for an annhilate. Alligator is pretty easy to parry, but the ones that get through on someone unprotected are going to leave a major mark. You did get away once with the talisman, but I don't think you can teleport away while fighting which was when I saw you brandist the second time. Also, teleporting in that part of the world doesn't get you very far, so it wasn't hard to track you down.

As for Kelyurn. He seems kinda new to me as I had told him where his thing were and then I saw him "wandering" around the desert, or it seemed he was. I kinda felt bad and figured he might not know exactly where the chasm was? It was actually probably poor RP on my part to do all I did to return the stuff, but I did eventually fly it to the huntress because it was "cluttering Up my chasm."

Anyway, good luck with your next.
86397, Yeah. The teleport was dumb,
That's the worst continent to do that on. But my fingers were tied up. I missed half the fight because of typoes. lol

Anyway. Keep on trucking.
86373, God Damnit!
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Do NOT make Baer care about you and then delete on her! Grr.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
86375, I felt annoying. Heh.
That's the most I've ever bothered an Imm ever.. and I've had a dozen empowereeeee characters.

Was fun though. Thanks for the good times.
86377, Nah
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tho there were a couple times today where you were just hanging out not saying much and I wasn't sure if you wanted to just hang out or if I should say something. You weren't annoying though. It was a good flip on the standard Baer religion.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
86386, I was kinda playing up the whole
quiet pressence thing at times.
86371, Dude.
They're called flaws for a reason.

If you want to take them, moer power to you -- but you shouldn't be surprised when a character with a maximum strength of 12 can't stack up to a Scion mage cabal leader with a good draw of forms plus a quest form. That's a hard fight for even a lot of mechanically serious characters, and a melee guy with 12 str isn't one.
86374, DUDE!
Chill.

I know what they are. But the characters strength didn't play a part in that battle. The build just wasn't that fun for me.
86378, RE: DUDE!
Posted by _Magus_Guest_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you misunderstood Nep. He wasn't being "unchill" at all. You made statement that made it sound like you were disappointed about getting "gayed" by a shapeshifter in your home terrain. He was politely explaining to you that your character build (additionally, the 12 strength) would have a difficult time dealing with said shapeshifter scion leader.

So you chill.
86388, No YOU chill.
I'm chill. Is it chilly in here?
86403, Yeah he needs to chill.
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not even sure why he chimed in.

You seem to have a good attitude and I'm sure you'll take in everything said without someone jumping in just for the hell of it to reinforce Nep's statement, true as it is.

Because noone has a chance against certain powerhouse characters now and upcoming.

Keep playing though, you'll end up with one. And it'll be awesome, trust me.
86384, RE: DUDE!
>Chill.
>
>I know what they are. But the characters strength didn't play
>a part in that battle. The build just wasn't that fun for me.

If you attacked him or were attacked at some point, your strength was a factor. I'll grant you it may not have been the deciding factor, but... it's hard to say. Having a 17 strength probably wouldn't have let you kill him, but there's a solid chance it could make the difference in you getting away.

But if the build in general just isn't that fun for you, then the build in general just isn't that fun for you. It's probably not one I would have picked, but my feelings on the Fort Rec Center factor against rangers are well known. :)
86387, I was an outlander.
I only went to the fort maybe twice and never fought there.

Anyway, as I got to understand a few more things, I started getting other ideas.
86368, RE: (Deleted) Kaskin the dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Tangni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish you hadnt done that, you were fun to have around. I liked Kaskin, he presented me with a challenge in some ways.
86372, What? How?
Just wondering.
86376, RE: What? How?
Posted by Tangni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tangni thinks of all the wardens as his children, he is thier father, so he is supposed to look after them and give them gentle nudges and guide them, not tell them what to do, but give gentle suggestions. When I tried to give Kaskin one he would get super defensive and pull inside himself for a while. That is frustrating to a person who is more of a fatherly figure style. Because he wants to help, but cant because you wont let him. So I had to try to find angles to try to calm Kaskin down so I could talk to him.
86379, RE: What? How?
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, so, I totally thought Tangni was female.
86380, Hehe
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe shemale or whatever :)
On a side note: if Tangni would start to teach and "help" my char I wouldn't go defensive. I would go *facepalm* straightly.