Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the Miya..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85721
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 05-Sep-09 08:20 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85721, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Sat Sep 5 20:16:33 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ikeijya perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:119

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply WTF! Why this?, Arrna (Guest), 06-Sep-09 05:25 AM, #2
Reply The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo..., Rayihn, 06-Sep-09 07:42 AM, #3
     Reply RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..., Dargin (Guest), 06-Sep-09 09:03 AM, #4
     Reply RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..., Rayihn, 06-Sep-09 09:58 AM, #5
          Reply Makes a guy wonder. nt, stunna1 (Guest), 06-Sep-09 11:27 AM, #6
               Reply About? (n/t), Daevryn, 06-Sep-09 11:37 AM, #7
                    Reply Well..., stunna1 (Guest), 06-Sep-09 12:53 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: Well..., Isildur, 06-Sep-09 05:26 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: About? (n/t), Susu (Guest), 06-Sep-09 06:14 PM, #10
                         Reply It's a lot worse than a straight swap., Daevryn, 06-Sep-09 06:53 PM, #11
                              Reply RE: It's a lot worse than a straight swap., Susu (Guest), 06-Sep-09 11:58 PM, #12
                                   Reply That is correct nt, Rayihn, 07-Sep-09 06:47 AM, #13
     Reply RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..., Gribblet (Guest), 07-Sep-09 06:40 PM, #14
          Reply RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..., Daevryn, 07-Sep-09 09:02 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the ..., Elmtas (Guest), 05-Sep-09 11:35 PM, #1

Arrna (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 05:25 AM

#85730, "WTF! Why this?"
In response to Reply #0

I was trying to teach you A LOT of things, and I wasn't done teaching you dammit! You were doing real good though. A real shame you're gone.

Now why did you?

RayihnSun 06-Sep-09 07:42 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85731, "The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo..."
In response to Reply #2

This character was fantastic at low levels. But then we joined Fort and powered to hero and it looked like that's where it fell apart for him. I think he would have been better served sticking at 35, getting Hand of the Phoenix, and slowly working up from there.

Dargin (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 09:03 AM

#85734, "RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..."
In response to Reply #3

What is hand of Phoenix?

RayihnSun 06-Sep-09 09:58 AM
1147 posts
#85736, "RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..."
In response to Reply #4

Level(0) HAND OF THE PHOENIX
Good-aligned assassins with this edge enjoy better success rates with their
assassinations against evils, but reduced success rates against non-evils.

See also: "EDGES"

stunna1 (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 11:27 AM

#85738, "Makes a guy wonder. nt"
In response to Reply #5

sdf

DaevrynSun 06-Sep-09 11:37 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#85739, "About? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #6

stunna1 (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 12:53 PM

#85741, "Well..."
In response to Reply #7

About the edge really.

Like, I think it's a really cool idea - and certainly if I were doing a Maran assassin I would take that edge. I'm curious how much of an impact it actually has, and if that impact would mitigate some of the external factors that make good aligned assassins difficult, if only indirectly. For example, would it make it make assassinating some people easier to the point that it would make up for the number of shadow sect that can see me coming? Isildur probably has a feel for that, and he'd probably say no.

On that note, I think taking some of the edges that prohibit hide and assassinate in favor of more direct combat power might be another interesting way to go with fort assassin.

IsildurSun 06-Sep-09 05:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#85745, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #8

I didn't get it until way late in the game. So it's hard to say how much of an effect it had. You have to get assassinate to like...85% maybe? Before you can take it. I would be surprised if it had a huge effect.

Susu (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 06:14 PM

#85746, "RE: About? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #7

For me, it makes me wonder if it's a straight swap, meaning (using made up numbers) you get a 10% increase in your chance to succeed when assassinating an evil and a 10% decrease in your chance to succeed when assassinating a non-evil. Or, does it come at a price, meaning you get 10% increase, but the decrease is 15%?

DaevrynSun 06-Sep-09 06:53 PM
11117 posts
#85747, "It's a lot worse than a straight swap."
In response to Reply #10

Of course, if you're not planning to kill people who aren't evil, it's still a good trade.

Susu (Guest)Sun 06-Sep-09 11:58 PM

#85752, "RE: It's a lot worse than a straight swap."
In response to Reply #11

It only affects assassination though yes? Not regular melee or any other ability? You pay the price when you have to kill a nexun or outlander or tribbie or some such, but as long as it's only assassinate, that's acceptable.

RayihnMon 07-Sep-09 06:47 AM
1147 posts
#85757, "That is correct nt"
In response to Reply #12

s

Gribblet (Guest)Mon 07-Sep-09 06:40 PM

#85771, "RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..."
In response to Reply #3

>This character was fantastic at low levels.

A Baer follower who wouldn't fight, called people pussies and fags and then turned on ignore. Awesomeness.

DaevrynMon 07-Sep-09 09:02 PM
11117 posts
#85772, "RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo ..."
In response to Reply #14

I've got to say that while I wasn't the biggest fan of this character (as his PBF would make clear), I never saw anything like what you're describing.

Which is not to say that it didn't happen, but if I saw a decent amount of this character and never saw anything like that, probably most people didn't either.

Elmtas (Guest)Sat 05-Sep-09 11:35 PM

#85726, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Hell yeah.

Luck with the next one.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85721 Previous topic | Next topic