Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Initiate of the Jaguar
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=85721
85721, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Sep 5 20:16:33 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ikeijya perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:119
85730, WTF! Why this?
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was trying to teach you A LOT of things, and I wasn't done teaching you dammit! :D You were doing real good though. A real shame you're gone.

Now why did you?
85731, The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This character was fantastic at low levels. But then we joined Fort and powered to hero and it looked like that's where it fell apart for him. I think he would have been better served sticking at 35, getting Hand of the Phoenix, and slowly working up from there.
85734, RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo!
Posted by Dargin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What is hand of Phoenix?
85736, RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo!
Level(0) HAND OF THE PHOENIX
Good-aligned assassins with this edge enjoy better success rates with their
assassinations against evils, but reduced success rates against non-evils.

See also: "EDGES"
85738, Makes a guy wonder. nt
Posted by stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdf
85739, About? (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
85741, Well...
Posted by stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
About the edge really.

Like, I think it's a really cool idea - and certainly if I were doing a Maran assassin I would take that edge. I'm curious how much of an impact it actually has, and if that impact would mitigate some of the external factors that make good aligned assassins difficult, if only indirectly. For example, would it make it make assassinating some people easier to the point that it would make up for the number of shadow sect that can see me coming? Isildur probably has a feel for that, and he'd probably say no.

On that note, I think taking some of the edges that prohibit hide and assassinate in favor of more direct combat power might be another interesting way to go with fort assassin.
85745, RE: Well...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't get it until way late in the game. So it's hard to say how much of an effect it had. You have to get assassinate to like...85% maybe? Before you can take it. I would be surprised if it had a huge effect.
85746, RE: About? (n/t)
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For me, it makes me wonder if it's a straight swap, meaning (using made up numbers) you get a 10% increase in your chance to succeed when assassinating an evil and a 10% decrease in your chance to succeed when assassinating a non-evil. Or, does it come at a price, meaning you get 10% increase, but the decrease is 15%?
85747, It's a lot worse than a straight swap.
Of course, if you're not planning to kill people who aren't evil, it's still a good trade.
85752, RE: It's a lot worse than a straight swap.
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It only affects assassination though yes? Not regular melee or any other ability? You pay the price when you have to kill a nexun or outlander or tribbie or some such, but as long as it's only assassinate, that's acceptable.
85757, That is correct nt
s
85771, RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo!
Posted by Gribblet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This character was fantastic at low levels.

A Baer follower who wouldn't fight, called people pussies and fags and then turned on ignore. Awesomeness.
85772, RE: The seductive lure of the Fort Leveling Train Choo Choo!
I've got to say that while I wasn't the biggest fan of this character (as his PBF would make clear), I never saw anything like what you're describing.

Which is not to say that it didn't happen, but if I saw a decent amount of this character and never saw anything like that, probably most people didn't either.
85726, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ikeijya the Dai Sensei of the ...
Posted by Elmtas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hell yeah. :P

Luck with the next one.