Subject: "When it stops being fun, time to let it go..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77593
Show all folders

Lenfelin (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 06:14 PM

#77593, "When it stops being fun, time to let it go..."

Well, I had been thinking about this for a bit. It may actually come across as a Rage Delete, but it really wasn't. Though what happened at the tree did, in the end, put the nail in the coffin. I realized I was starting to get too far from my RP when Marcatis had to put restrictions on me. In a way, those restrictions kept me playing a bit longer than I might other wise have. Marcatis, Those restrictions in no way had anything to do with this. As it was, I thought you should have tossed me out on my ear. Trying to work my way back into your good graces was what kept me going.

I started Lenfelin during the weekend of double XP. He was just suppose to be a way to learn about shifters, I had never played one before. I really had no interest in a cabal at the time, but after the weekend ended, I started talking with Tlingit and decided to join up again. So much for staying away this time.

My only regret was not adding the rest of my role story in, not that it was contest winning or anything. And not adding a couple roles in asto why I suddenly switched to hunting criminals so strongly when I didn't at first. I had it all written in my head, just never actually put it down.

As far as shifters go, Loved them! The versatility was amazing. I think I must have had some of the best forms I could have had. Crag Soarer saved my life an uncountable number of times. Dire Wolf's tripping got me alot of my kills, but nothing compared to the hummingbird, nothing. There were times I felt like it might just have been too good to be honest. It definately had some disadvantages though and a couple villager types would just wipe the floor with it. Even with that, amazing.

Tribs, I'm sorry I'm leaving you now when you are so big of an underdog, but I did not have alot of CON left anyway. I think I was at 5 as it was, so I wouldn't have been about much longer anyway.

Thanks to everyone that makes this game so fun and bringing me back. To those that make it not so fun, I still can never stoop to your level, though I think my next character may be evil so that I might have an easier time justifing it when it happens to me.

As always, I am curious if I placed any bad warrants. If I did, please let me know. I always wonder that when all is said and done.

I don't have a lot of time now, so if anyone posts, I'll respond.

Dragomir (Lenfelin, Fendril, Platious, Murcadin) <- way too many tribs!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: When it stops being fun, time to let it go..., Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Mar-09 07:30 PM, #20
Reply Goodbye, my gnomish friend..., Vhelamina (Guest), 10-Mar-09 07:46 AM, #19
Reply I thought you did well., Anliltuel (Guest), 06-Mar-09 12:46 PM, #16
Reply Ooh my precious enemy...., Iegob (Guest), 05-Mar-09 08:03 PM, #8
Reply RE: Ooh my precious enemy...., Dragomir, 05-Mar-09 11:54 PM, #9
Reply Bye bye!, Jnoxri (Guest), 05-Mar-09 02:10 PM, #7
Reply RE: Bye bye!, Dragomir, 05-Mar-09 11:59 PM, #10
Reply Well played sir, Ruutob (Guest), 05-Mar-09 11:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: Well played sir, Dragomir, 06-Mar-09 12:04 AM, #11
Reply RE: When it stops being fun, time to let it go..., marcatis, 05-Mar-09 10:30 AM, #5
Reply Thanks!, Dragomir, 06-Mar-09 12:35 AM, #15
Reply I salute you sir, Mreash (Guest), 04-Mar-09 10:08 PM, #4
Reply RE: I salute you sir, Dragomir, 06-Mar-09 12:07 AM, #12
Reply Really enjoyed fighting you, Jolindar (Guest), 04-Mar-09 07:50 PM, #3
Reply RE: Really enjoyed fighting you, Dragomir, 06-Mar-09 12:13 AM, #13
Reply I think you're just awesome. NT, TMNS (Guest), 04-Mar-09 06:22 PM, #1
     Reply I wasn't being sarcastic, btw. I just really like your..., TMNS (Guest), 04-Mar-09 06:43 PM, #2
          Reply Ok, I have to ask..., Dragomir, 06-Mar-09 12:14 AM, #14
               Reply Not sure if you were a magistrate yet, but I was Mjralj..., TMNS (Guest), 06-Mar-09 04:59 PM, #17
                    Reply Hiya bud, Lesikinilt (Guest), 08-Mar-09 01:43 AM, #18

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 10-Mar-09 07:30 PM

#77773, "RE: When it stops being fun, time to let it go..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked this char of yours. I remember traveling with you when I was playing an Acolyte shapeshifter. Cielandaicyl. We did some wand searching and all that.

Later man.

Vhelamina (Guest)Tue 10-Mar-09 07:46 AM

#77756, "Goodbye, my gnomish friend..."
In response to Reply #0

We had fun together in our earlier years. Your Hummingbird was such a great form. You helped me get to hero and you were always fun to chat or run with. Too bad at the end, Trib duty got in the way of our friendship, no hard feelings though.

I'm kinda suprised to see that you deleted, i pegged you for dragomir early on and figured you were going for the long haul. Overall i really like all your characters and i am sad to see Lenfelin go, yes yes.

Good luck with your next.

Anliltuel (Guest)Fri 06-Mar-09 12:46 PM

#77626, "I thought you did well."
In response to Reply #0

Good luck on your next!

Iegob (Guest)Thu 05-Mar-09 08:03 PM

#77615, "Ooh my precious enemy...."
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see you go. I loved interacting and fighting with you. That fight we had near the desert in the mountains, that was epic! Both dying! Hummingbird power vs damroll power... hehe

Cool char! Come back soon!

DragomirThu 05-Mar-09 11:54 PM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77618, "RE: Ooh my precious enemy...."
In response to Reply #8

That fight took forever! I loved everyone of our fights. I, the player, was very sad to see you go. It was always fun when you were about! Don't worry, I'll be back with something.

Jnoxri (Guest)Thu 05-Mar-09 02:10 PM

#77614, "Bye bye!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry to see you go cause I really did like you. You were the Trib who I interacted the most with and our conversations were always engaging. Oh, and thanks so much for the "In the Air" battles. I had an air shifter once before but I never fought another bird in the air and it was one of my goals to try that this time. Although, it quickly became apparent that our fights in the air weren't going anywhere I still enjoyed them and I'm glad they were with you.

Good luck with your next. I'm having bunches of fun with Nexus now, from an RP standpoint, and there is alot more to this cabal than I had thought, try one sometimes if you haven't. Also, if you havn't done so yet, Outlander and Scion are both great experiances that every CFer should try at least once.

Anyway, good job and I hope to see you in the fields, ok?

DragomirThu 05-Mar-09 11:59 PM
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77619, "RE: Bye bye!"
In response to Reply #7

I was always upset that we could not travel together, you being a criminal and all. I loved talking with you and thought we could have alot of fun exploring the lands. The air battles were cool! This being my first shifter, I wanted to see what they could do.

I think it is time I branch out a bit from the Tribs, not sure what exactly it will be, but thanks for the ideas!

Ruutob (Guest)Thu 05-Mar-09 11:17 AM

#77609, "Well played sir"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our battles....sometimes anyway. You had awesome forms, hummingbird is crazy to try and hit with melee or communes. That damn dire wolf and its pouncing in the woods is a nightmare for outlanders. Sorry you got restrictions put on you, I think from killing my pet in galadon that day when I was not wanted? But I had to play it up, I had gotten a provincial to break the laws he swore to uphold. I couldnt just let it pass by unnoticed. That being said, good luck with your next man and try the other side instead of just tribunals, I think you will find yourself enjoying the freedom

DragomirFri 06-Mar-09 12:04 AM
220 posts
#77620, "RE: Well played sir"
In response to Reply #6

You did exactly what I thought you would do. Not your fault at all. I still don't know how I did not realize you were standing right there! It was a combination of that and hitting baszel in Hamsah when he wasn't a criminal either. I was chasing him about and he ran into the river and I flew to him and did not even think about it and struck again. completely stupid on my part.

As far as my forms, you guys figured out how to take me out in the end. I must have just missed killing you like four times. slippery little bugger!

marcatisThu 05-Mar-09 10:30 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77608, "RE: When it stops being fun, time to let it go..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey,

Generally speaking I was a Lenfelin fan, you were a good and competent Trib-like guy. Regarding the restrictions incident (and the other thing), you did have me in something of a spot due to a multitude of factors ranging from liking Lenfelin to Trib weakness to all the rest.
I was fairly close to booting/demotion/etc, just good thing you didn't kill any of them, or that would have been it.

That being said, I liked how you rolled with it and seemed to accept/keep up the restrictions (thats why they were going away as you saw).

Anyway, I stand by my thoughts on you being a good trib, I enjoyed our interactions, be it from executioner or Marcatis perspective. Feel free to come on back, and quickly.

DragomirFri 06-Mar-09 12:35 AM
220 posts
#77624, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #5

I really appreciated the little interactions we had this time. When the executioner answered me back the first time, I was so happy! I have to agree completely with Isildur's comments, when talking to you, I certainly get the "Oh my god! I'm talking to an God that could swat me with his little finger!" vibe from you which I think is perfect. I found myself talking to the executioner more than I normally would just on the off chance you might be listening and feel like chatting back.

You never did let me know how you really felt about Fendril a while back, making me think you didn't really like him. Which, to be honest, I thought Fendril was a terrible Provost. Good Trib, but bad leader. But what do you expect from a first time leader?

I still remember Melacarfina talking to me in the warrior guild, when I was Murcadin, and me having no idea about anything. She told me all about the Blood Tribunal and I have been hooked ever since. I really think it is time to try something new, just to change it up. But do not worry, I won't be gone for long!

Thanks for everything and I really am curious about the whole Fendril thing as well. If I ever make it to becoming a leader again, I'm curious where you thought I went wrong or right! Thanks!

Mreash (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 10:08 PM

#77604, "I salute you sir"
In response to Reply #0

We had some really fun fights for a while, and then it seemed like our playing times didn't match up anymore. I would agree with you on hummingbird sometimes. I remember one defense where you pecked the huntress to death for like 10 mins and I just couldn't hit you with anything. Good luck with your next.

DragomirFri 06-Mar-09 12:07 AM
220 posts
#77621, "RE: I salute you sir"
In response to Reply #4

I loved Mreash! We use to banter back and forth and I loved every minute of it! Towards the end, our times did seem to be completely different and the couple times I did see you, I already had my restrictions on my and could not come out and dance. After those couple times you got me in those places you like, I decided never to fight you there again! I had no chance at all!

Jolindar (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 07:50 PM

#77600, "Really enjoyed fighting you"
In response to Reply #0

Your forms made quite a nasty combo, and you were a good foe.

I think we kept it pretty even outside of raids and whatnot, and I always enjoyed fighting you. Didn't get much chance to arr pee, but you were a solid presence and a good trib (if such is possible).

GLWTN.

DragomirFri 06-Mar-09 12:13 AM
220 posts
#77622, "RE: Really enjoyed fighting you"
In response to Reply #3

You and your charge set annoyed me to no end! I realized that if you either were wielding your lance or were not blind so you could switch to it, there was nothing I could do to you. Closest I ever came to killing you was that time in Bavoria. The only reason it was even outside of raids was because I flew away everytime I fought you with my tail between my legs.

TMNS (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 06:22 PM

#77594, "I think you're just awesome. NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

TMNS (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 06:43 PM

#77595, "I wasn't being sarcastic, btw. I just really like your..."
In response to Reply #1

But seriously, perma?

DragomirFri 06-Mar-09 12:14 AM
220 posts
#77623, "Ok, I have to ask..."
In response to Reply #2

Who did you play? I have been trying to figure it out and can not. Obviously if you are still around, then nevermind.

TMNS (Guest)Fri 06-Mar-09 04:59 PM

#77628, "Not sure if you were a magistrate yet, but I was Mjralj..."
In response to Reply #14

And I got to interact with you briefly with both of my currents (you placed a just flag on one of them and kept me from killing at least a few people ).

I just really loved Fendril and I like your style.

PS I was Velyzaggon.

Lesikinilt (Guest)Sun 08-Mar-09 01:43 AM

#77664, "Hiya bud"
In response to Reply #17

I had oppurtunity to play with both fendril and lenfelin. I enjoyed our fights with the outlanders, and countless enemeys we fought. I will miss havin you by my side. Hope you come back an keep an old cat company! Love yah

les

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77593 Previous topic | Next topic