Subject: "Urgok deleted. It was fun." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77300
Show all folders

RobDarken___ (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 06:18 PM

#77300, "Urgok deleted. It was fun."

Well, I had fun. Orc Chieftain is very very hard to pull off (for me). Most people with high dexterity can tank your horde just fine, but it can rape anyone with low dexterity fairly easily. I had a lot of trouble finding a cursed weapon, heavy enough to hack with, that pierced physical resistance AND wasn't maxed out. There were three giants with the crashing of waves legacy in range, and an arial, three of them villagers, they were nearly impossible to win against unless I ganged them or had taken the head. Raiding the village was always hard, because I usually had no allies, and fortress or outlander members always seemed to show up to run me off, if there were no villagers on, so I never had much luck with that. Still, I learned quite a few things. Now on to the goodbyes. I took the pleasure of drawing pictures of my friends and foes, since I'm an aspiring artist.

Zizzle, you were awesome when I got to interact with you. I was sort of surprised you were willing to help me when Alzinghul died. When I had you on my side, even if I was naked, in less than an hour I'd be in some of the nicest hero gear, and have several more PKs under my belt. On the other hand, I didn't see you around very much at all, and I was always sort of embarrassed to show you I'd went from what we looted together, to ragesteel, regardless, you are a solid character RP and PK wise, and your presence has a huge positive impact.

Proleteria, you sort of fit in with Zizzle, when you were around I was very deadly. Unfortunately, I never got to interact with you much, but I thought it sucked that you lost your voice. Hope you have better luck with your next.

Woldrun, we didn't interact much, but you seemed to really know your stuff, and I was never able to kill you, especially with that legacy.

Malthalia, I really enjoyed fighting you, except for when I got fiended. However, I seemed to have absolutely NO luck bashing you, ever. Still, I'd much rather fight an elf bard, than any other race, since I can use berserk, and dashbash tactics to avoid fiend, most of the time. I liked the bardnotes.

Borkahd, I liked you, and I liked fighting you, when I was able to. Unfortunately I realized it was usually pointless unless you didn't have the head, or I had a decent cursed weapon to hack with.

Lenfelin? I can't remember why I drew a picture of you, since we only fought like once, but whatever. Good luck with whatever it is you do.

Padwei, I wasn't really sure if I liked you or not. I remember the first time I died to you at the fortress, I was full looted, save two or three pieces, but I think that may have been Velkoth who did it, since he was pissed at me. Either way, I never managed to kill you, and that Unicorn is really tough.

Iktul, you were strange, you normally seemed to be pretty cool, but when you blackjacked me and died, and cried over that mace, I lost a lot of respect for you.

Ruutob, I don't think we ever spoke, ever. But man, sunray and the hunt is ANNOYING.

I generally liked Grawshen, but sometimes when you died you were overly bitchy about your gear, and I really didn't want to hear it when you have a full suit of Pwent gear, and I was still wearing some ragesteel. Besides that, you were the ballsiest villager I fought, and probably my favorite. Seems you lost your voice too? A shame.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I Too have to admit, Caerga (Guest), 23-Feb-09 11:02 AM, #25
Reply RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun., Haidoril (Guest), 23-Feb-09 07:02 AM, #23
Reply Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chiming in..., Mek (Guest), 23-Feb-09 01:45 AM, #21
Reply RE: Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chimin..., Daevryn, 23-Feb-09 08:43 AM, #24
     Reply Hmm, Mek (Guest), 23-Feb-09 03:28 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chimin..., Thomayen (Guest), 23-Feb-09 04:29 PM, #29
     Reply Although it must be said, incognito, 24-Feb-09 01:58 PM, #30
Reply This is fricking hilarious., Dereli (Guest), 23-Feb-09 12:11 AM, #20
Reply Zounds!, Zizzle1 (Guest), 22-Feb-09 10:37 PM, #18
Reply RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun., Thomayen (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:51 PM, #16
Reply RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun., Urgok (Guest), 22-Feb-09 10:07 PM, #17
Reply I got -500xp for returning your gear btw., Zauvlahn (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:37 PM, #9
Reply Yeah, sorry for jumping on your fight with those elves., Urgok (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:44 PM, #11
     Reply I didnt bother me, Dude.. I was almost one rounding you..., Zauvlahn (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:10 PM, #12
Reply RIP, Drue (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:12 PM, #6
Reply re:War with the village., Urgok (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:34 PM, #7
Reply Help Hack Leg, Help Exploit.nt just my guess, Krilcov K (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:35 PM, #8
     Reply Maybe for Alzinghul., Urgok (Guest), 22-Feb-09 08:43 PM, #10
     Reply You did not take into fact., Krilcov k (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:11 PM, #13
     Reply Heh. Yeah., RobDarken__ (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:19 PM, #14
          Reply Try the wooden stick from the boy in aldevari =) nt, Krilcov K (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:23 PM, #15
     Reply Or brought your personal phsyiogamist along for the rid..., Zizzle1 (Guest), 22-Feb-09 10:44 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Help Hack Leg, Help Exploit.nt just my guess, Alzinghul (Guest), 23-Feb-09 11:34 AM, #26
Reply Okay, I'm easily amused., Iunna, 22-Feb-09 07:15 PM, #5
Reply cosign~, Abernytee (Guest), 23-Feb-09 06:19 AM, #22
Reply Particularly the druid picture. I lmao. n/t, Stunna1 (Guest), 23-Feb-09 01:55 PM, #27
Reply RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun., Isildur, 22-Feb-09 06:48 PM, #2
Reply Why is Iktul's head shaped like the state of Texas?, Scrimbul, 22-Feb-09 06:54 PM, #3
Reply This goodbye post makes me wish I would have spoke to y..., Ruutob (Guest), 22-Feb-09 06:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: This goodbye post makes me wish I would have spoke ..., Adelin, 22-Feb-09 07:15 PM, #4

Caerga (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 11:02 AM

#77343, "I Too have to admit"
In response to Reply #0

That those drawings cracked me up.

Fighting you was always an adventure!
I soo should have gotten the hell out of dodge when I got blinded in that last fight. But instead let my self get summoned and bashed down.
Ce'st la live! Fighting on eastern is lowbie loot land and those are the risks.

Haidoril (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 07:02 AM

#77335, "RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun."
In response to Reply #0

I only fought you a couple of times but that time when I got you outside Galadon was great fun. Balls to the wall both ways. com wrath is always a good time though!

Mek (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 01:45 AM

#77327, "Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chiming in..."
In response to Reply #0

With Mamlauks (by that, I mean "hack") being so badass, why the hell would anyone pick any of the other paths, aside from being different?

Honestly I don't know if I've ever even seen any of the other orc types in action. Do they all suck that bad?

DaevrynMon 23-Feb-09 08:43 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77337, "RE: Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chimin..."
In response to Reply #21

To some degree I think it's an in-vogue thing. For a while every high level orc was a skrugga. Then mundunugu for a while. Now it's mamlauk.

The other thing to keep in mind is that hack is a skill with a ton of lag that fails a lot. It looks great when everything is going right -- what you're not seeing logs of is the orc trying to use it, failing, and dying before he gets his next command, or the orc cracking a tough opponent with hack arm (or whatever) and them being gone and on another continent 3+ rounds before the following bash goes through.

As a player fighting orcs I haven't struggled a lot with hack. YMMV.

Mek (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 03:28 PM

#77362, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #24

I've never had a problem with orcs, in general. But yes, the hack-pwn logs are probably what stand out so much about Mamlauks. Maybe it's just the shock-value of the ability....you know, huge damage plus a nasty penchant for making people drop weapons is always purdy in logs.

Thomayen (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 04:29 PM

#77372, "RE: Question for you (and any Imms who feel like chimin..."
In response to Reply #24

I have never played mamlauk. But, out of all the battles I had with Urgok and Alzhinghul I think I only saw hack miss me once. I had no idea this skill was so unreliable. In fact, I thought just the opposite. What a great skill, it's like a kot with a guaranteed wrist break that does heavy damage. But, that is just what I witnessed from my point of view.

incognitoTue 24-Feb-09 01:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77388, "Although it must be said"
In response to Reply #24

That applies when an orc is solo.

It's a very different story when the orc is not solo.

Dereli (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 12:11 AM

#77326, "This is fricking hilarious."
In response to Reply #0

I'll miss our romping about with Zizzle. Good luck with whatever you do, and with those drawrings.

Zizzle1 (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 10:37 PM

#77324, "Zounds!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry to see you go. I always had a blast running about with my bombastically barbarous friend Urgok!

Regarding, helping you (and Alzinghul), I've always had a soft-spot for orcs, after having played one and getting pounded mercilessly once I got into the higher levels. This was before the orc mini-revamp, and I'm glad to see orcs are a little bit more self-sufficient now. I think hands-down a hasted orc (of whatever subclass that can do that hack skill) is one of the most awesome and sickening sights in the game--and what kept me coming back for more. That said, orcs are so few and far between I think everybody sees them as a walking FREE PK sign. I was glad to help you reverse the game.

As I've said many times, it was a pleasure.

Your friend,
/s/ Doctor Zizzle Ziff, Friendly Physiogamist to the Clan

Thomayen (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:51 PM

#77322, "RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun."
In response to Reply #0

I thought it was kind of an interesting twist that we traveled together once, and then we were at each others throat. When we traveled and had just finished I had this feeling that you and the other orc were about to turn on me and jump me wounded so I nofol'd and walked off quickly. Were you going to?

We had some good fights. Well done. Hack is a bitch.

Urgok (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 10:07 PM

#77323, "RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun."
In response to Reply #16

Urgok knew he was eventually going to try to kill you, but with the competition for chieftain, he figured he'd use you to gain those last few ranks (getting groups with Orcs is incredibly hard from level 25 on up). Surprisingly, none of the other Orcs who could have taken Chieftain ever showed up again. Goporlug, Kuzrack, and I think there was one other. I found that strange.

And yes, we contemplated killing you while we were ranking, I think just as you were leaving we decided we would, but we didn't catch up with you or something. Or maybe we decided to leave you be. I don't think Goporlug cared for the war against the Village, but I'm not sure on that.

Zauvlahn (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:37 PM

#77315, "I got -500xp for returning your gear btw."
In response to Reply #0

How did you like me two rounding you?
lol for rediculously overpowered high dmg output.
And what was it? three db's?

post some log of our fights on the officials.
Dio's banned me from even looking at the websit
what a bunch of haters.

Urgok (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:44 PM

#77317, "Yeah, sorry for jumping on your fight with those elves."
In response to Reply #9

And looting you like that, I'll admit that was pretty low.

Zauvlahn (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:10 PM

#77318, "I didnt bother me, Dude.. I was almost one rounding you..."
In response to Reply #11

nt

Drue (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:12 PM

#77312, "RIP"
In response to Reply #0

Anyone that can handle playing an orc has my respect. I tried guarding your stuff today on eastern, but I thought you had lost link or quit out. Lowbies were on it like vultures. Then a few minutes later you were back.

Sorry man.

Anyhow, thought you did a good job. Why the heck is every poor SOB orc at war with village? Village seems a chaotic place. Why not be at war with Empire or Tribunal (as well as Fortress).

It seems weird to see Orcs working along side Empire. (Not really as lackies or fodder troop, but as equals), and being hunted by barbarians.

ANyhow....

You were cool.

Later man.

Urgok (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:34 PM

#77313, "re:War with the village."
In response to Reply #6

Besides a large number of villagers calling me, and the other Orcs weak, when the cabal was overflowing with mid level ragers and applicants, Urgok wanted to be continue the war, because he wanted to be like Alzinghul, he thought Alzinghul was truly a great chief, and admired him and his ability to bring villagers to Tremblefist so I could bash them down. And luckily, I didn't have to bother trying to kill him, as he died before the need arised.

Krilcov K (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:35 PM

#77314, "Help Hack Leg, Help Exploit.nt just my guess"
In response to Reply #6

nt

Urgok (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 08:43 PM

#77316, "Maybe for Alzinghul."
In response to Reply #8

The villagers typically kicked my ass unless I caught them with their pants down.

Krilcov k (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:11 PM

#77319, "You did not take into fact."
In response to Reply #10

... that they didnt like hack leg.... notice setcharge.
Setcharge orc, bash, autodisarm... dead?

RobDarken__ (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:19 PM

#77320, "Heh. Yeah."
In response to Reply #13

If every other villager didn't have crashing, I probably would have killed them a lot more often with some stoneskin and shield. But maybe not.

I honestly had a much better chance with you than I did with Borkahd, Woldrun, or Selene.

As for cursed weapons, I could have demanded the lowbie Orc who has Iron Flame give it to me, but I didn't. Elf-reaver, an axe I only had once, was saved from a full loot at the fortress, unfortunately it had to be uncursed so it could be given back to me, so it was basically worthless. The claw of the dracolich, I remember spending 2 and one half hours soloing the dracolich, and it didn't have the claw. With a lot of time to waste, I could have occasionally gotten Liftrashir, but it didn't go through physical resistance, and someone eventually showed up on the battlefields before I could finish the mob. There were a few others that were either never in, or ungettable for me. Zizzle was unable to think of anything for me to use as well. A good cursed hack worthy weapon would have made so much difference. I'll see about finding one with my next exploring character, so I won't be faced with the problem again.

Krilcov K (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:23 PM

#77321, "Try the wooden stick from the boy in aldevari =) nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

Zizzle1 (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 10:44 PM

#77325, "Or brought your personal phsyiogamist along for the rid..."
In response to Reply #10

~

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 11:34 AM

#77344, "RE: Help Hack Leg, Help Exploit.nt just my guess"
In response to Reply #8

Not exactly true but that may have been the case in my reason for continuing the war. Ruhk and Djabree both ran train on me multiple times for the "free pk" sign on orcs. After I got hack and could make villagers comes to Tremblefist it turned the tables. Exploiting the fact that they can't word was the reason I massed up 100 villager kills. Either way you learn a lot with chieftain chars and they only get stronger as you use all the versatile skills they get.

IunnaSun 22-Feb-09 07:15 PM
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77308, "Okay, I'm easily amused."
In response to Reply #0

But man I thought this #### was hilarious. :p

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 06:19 AM

#77332, "cosign~"
In response to Reply #5

~

Stunna1 (Guest)Mon 23-Feb-09 01:55 PM

#77351, "Particularly the druid picture. I lmao. n/t"
In response to Reply #5

sadf

IsildurSun 22-Feb-09 06:48 PM
5969 posts
#77303, "RE: Urgok deleted. It was fun."
In response to Reply #0

Ok...

What is that on Proletaria's arm?

Why does Borkhad have glasses?

Why is Padwei pooping on you?

Why is Iktul's head shaped like the state of Texas?

ScrimbulSun 22-Feb-09 06:54 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#77304, "Why is Iktul's head shaped like the state of Texas?"
In response to Reply #2

I'd primarily like to know the latter.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

Ruutob (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 06:28 PM

#77302, "This goodbye post makes me wish I would have spoke to y..."
In response to Reply #0

You look entertaining good luck with your next one

AdelinSun 22-Feb-09 07:15 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2009
45 posts
#77307, "RE: This goodbye post makes me wish I would have spoke ..."
In response to Reply #1

I never had a lot of encounters with you, but we did have it out a few times near the end. I felt kind of bad today when i saw you die 4 or 5 times and most of them were because of us in the Fortress in different shifts. Good on you for lasting this long. At your prime
and the hordes you were a nasty force to contest with. Luckily most hunted you

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77300 Previous topic | Next topic