Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zaltais the Preceptor of Temperanc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76826
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 10-Feb-09 02:16 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76826, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zaltais the Preceptor of Temperance, Magistrate of Voralian City"

Tue Feb 10 01:15:22 2009

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Zaltais perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:154

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What? Why?, Zubi (Guest), 10-Feb-09 02:59 AM, #1
     Reply RE: What? Why?, Zaltais (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:45 AM, #2
          Reply Awesome attitude and welcome., TMNS (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:12 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Awesome attitude and welcome., Zaltais (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:48 AM, #9
               Reply Yeah, don't um, kill goodies with anything goodie item ..., TMNS (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:26 AM, #10
          Reply Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well execu..., Zubi (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:13 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well e..., Zaltais (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:36 AM, #6
               Reply Yes, the code..., Zubi (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:42 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well e..., ayrios (Guest), 10-Feb-09 08:25 AM, #14
          Reply Btw, how did you find out about CF? n/t, Zubi (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:25 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Btw, how did you find out about CF? n/t, Zaltais (Guest), 10-Feb-09 04:44 AM, #8
               Reply Nice to meet one more Solace vet! n/t, Neitaro (Guest), 10-Feb-09 06:30 AM, #11
                    Reply I'm teh true Solace vet, Elhe (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:16 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: I'm teh true Solace vet, Zaltais (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:37 PM, #18
                              Reply I think it's not a good, Elhe (Guest), 13-Feb-09 11:01 AM, #21
                                   Reply +1 to the russian perma! nt, Artificial, 13-Feb-09 12:36 PM, #22
                                        Reply Why did you e-mail me request to join us?, Elhe (Guest), 13-Feb-09 12:54 PM, #23
                                        Reply Why did you e-mail me request to join us?, Elhe (Guest), 13-Feb-09 12:54 PM, #24
                                             Reply touche. nt, Artificial, 13-Feb-09 12:58 PM, #25
          Reply Thought you did a good job, Mreash (Guest), 10-Feb-09 06:31 AM, #12
          Reply I could tell you were new, but 1st character?, Nivek1, 10-Feb-09 06:33 AM, #13
          Reply You didn't do too badly for your first character., Bertmern (Guest), 10-Feb-09 09:31 AM, #15
          Reply RE: What? Why?, Isildur, 10-Feb-09 09:44 AM, #16
          Reply RE: What? Why?, Nidblot (Guest), 11-Feb-09 03:11 AM, #19
          Reply RE: What? Why?, Nian (Guest), 12-Feb-09 05:02 PM, #20
          Reply RE: What? Why?, Doriel (Guest), 16-Feb-09 12:19 PM, #26

Zubi (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 02:59 AM

#76827, "What? Why?"
In response to Reply #0

Just saw you get beat on by a bunch of outlanders. That's the reason? (Man was I stalking you alot! Never got to do anything though...)

Zaltais (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 03:45 AM

#76828, "RE: What? Why?"
In response to Reply #1

You know it was my first character i have ever played in CF, and i have to say it was quite the experience learning a new mud from scratch. Alot of the aspects are suprisingly similiar to my last MUD, but there is alot of things that distinctively separate it. It is hard comming from a 7year veteran top player on another mud to newbie here. But overall i met alot of very generous and nice people who guided me through the game.

I deleted really out of my own frustration. I had a difficult start with empowerment because i took justice sphere and tried to be empowered by Maractis (as a newbie i did not know it meaned so much and my own vanity kept me from reading the helpfiles until it was to late) I have to say on his part, wow, he really gave you alot to think about and while it was frustrating... it was also rewarding, and i would really like to thank Marcatis for that.

I love playing Knights/Paladins but i found that through experiencing the world new, I died alot of mob deaths, a fair bit of pk deaths, though i would like to think i gave fairly good considering my status i started struggling alot comming up with ways to keep my con up.. I found myself breaking my role more and more out of this frustration to the point i became rather disgusted with the whole character. Overall he just didnt develop into the character i was hoping he would be, although it was a great class for learning the world. Shield spec is awesome. Although i have to say i have only negative comments about shield bash. I fought almost every race and i dont think i had one successful stun even with it at 100 percent. Makes it hard to captialize on any successful pk fight and lag him enough to kill him.

I like to give a big thanks to Doriel, Sarien, Nian, Iktul, Nidblot.. I am missing alot of names but it was fun. Even the battles against enemies.

Once again, thanks to everyone, I'll be seeing you all in game,
hopefully improved and making a better impact ingame.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:12 AM

#76829, "Awesome attitude and welcome."
In response to Reply #2

PS Shield bash is unreliable AT BEST and paladins were never meant to be able to lag (until you get Defiance (which is a badass sword), then you rape groups for fun (roll dwarf so you can tell people there's another fist under you beard)).

Zaltais (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:48 AM

#76835, "RE: Awesome attitude and welcome."
In response to Reply #3

I did love having Defiance, that is of course until i had Killed Jolindar when we were fighting and it it blew up on me everytime i tried to get it after that.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 05:26 AM

#76837, "Yeah, don't um, kill goodies with anything goodie item ..."
In response to Reply #9

In general it's a bad idea.

Good luck.

Zubi (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:13 AM

#76830, "Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well execu..."
In response to Reply #2

My first hero ever on CF was a Storm giant paladin. I struggled ALOT with empowerment and trying to become a Maran. (Was during Shokai's days, 8 years ago.) Though I was quite a bit younger and went ooc alot so no wonders I had a hard time.

Shield speccs ain't really meant to be "killers" in PK. Sure, they can "win" almost ANY fight, but the target almost always escapes alive. And that is sort of how they're meant to be.

I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to meeting your next char.

Btw, you almost kicked the crap out of me on eastern road when I jumped you. Had totally forgetten what wrath can do to you at younger lvls. ^^

Zaltais (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:36 AM

#76832, "RE: Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well e..."
In response to Reply #4

Wrath has always been a ridiculously powered ability and in honesty i always tried to use other tactics unless i really wanted to prove a point and win quickly. Angel Wings is just beautiful, Flank attack takes a bit to long for my taste, alot of opportunity for the victim to just flee, but if it lands, fairly powerful on pk.

I find the most difficulty in Paladins is their lack of assists in battle. Shield bash gives the emote of the victim falling, it should act like bash in the sense it either misses, your unable to knock them over, or you are successful. Chance for stun is nill, even when i was fighting gnomes and elfs (I was unfortunate to have to hunt a few). Absolutely no chance for blind, although i did like the multiple effects of angel wings.

I found my roleplay was rather lacking in this character, more for the speech then actions. I found i was criticized for alot of things i would normally have found acceptable. For example, being at war with Outlanders and fighting alongside other Tribunal (despite alignment and ethos). It was always my believe that when one wore the mantle of magistrate, all were brothers and comrades. It baffled me when i was criticized for attacking an Outlander with Nidblot, or aiding him when outlanders striked at him. It is a terrible weakness to allow a fellow tribunal not only die but potentially be looted because of this ideal. I think that is what bothered me the most. That and being criticized for hunting(and killing) good criminals. Although i always tried to give a few an agreeable offer of leniency for giving themselves up.

It seemed to me that there were a lot of conflicts with the Code of Paladins, and upholding that of the Tribunal.

Zubi (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:42 AM

#76833, "Yes, the code..."
In response to Reply #6

The code is hard to interpret, and there are many ways to do so. But if it fits your role to aid a evil duergar, since he's another magistrate, then it's all good. If it wasn't, I'm certain you've gotten some direction from the imms somehow, by lowering your empowerment lvl or something.

But you should know, whenever people die, most of them will be whining about something. Just ignore it, or you'll get frutrated in the long run. heh

ayrios (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 08:25 AM

#76842, "RE: Well, then I must congratulate you to a very well e..."
In response to Reply #6

I was one of those that tried to caution against you helping an evil spire mate, mainly because being a good paladin means not aiding evil in anyway, and i figured if a provincial was turned neutral for aiding evils with equipment and such, a paladin saving and assisting an evil in a fight that was outside your jurisdiction was probably going to get similar problems and I didn't want to see that happen to you. Imms want to see that your alignment comes before your cabal(I think), so if you are good, you better not hurt any one good unless they are breaking the law in your jurisdiction or you are defending the spire or raiding the tree. Going out into Silverwood an activeley assisting a duergar fighting a good ranger, even if the ranger is a criminal, is something I think the Imms will frown upon. (I believe that was the incident you refer to) We all just tried to tell you and warn you because we didn't want to see you get any punishment from the Imms for doing it, at least that was why I did it. Figured a good character that plays well should avoid having something happen that may cause him to stop, and losing empowerment as a paladin would probably do it.

And just a note on hunting criminals, the vindicator's job is to hunt criminals, not that of a magistrate as far as I can tell (Shalsad warned me for aiding him one time when he fought a criminal in galadon and I was posted at seantryn), so once you left the city the focus is more that you are of the light and so was the criminal, not the spire/criminal aspect. Of course, good outlanders will likely still attack you if they are good and get away with it, but that's just how it seems to be set up in terms of the cabals. It's what makes playing a good tribunal somewhat frustrating as you said, and a paladin even more so. But your character was pretty impressive for your first, and I am sure if you keep it up you can become even better.

Zubi (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:25 AM

#76831, "Btw, how did you find out about CF? n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

Zaltais (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 04:44 AM

#76834, "RE: Btw, how did you find out about CF? n/t"
In response to Reply #5

I played a MUD called Solace where alot of the player base frequently jumped between the two back in the day. I remember trying out CF years ago and i dont think i ever got past the academy. I knew what i liked and i wasnt open to a lot of change. Solace has since been on a large decline and its playerbase is becomming non-existant. I havent played solace for awhile now, but i often check up on its status and because of the low player base now their isnt alot of opportunity to experience the good old days. I was looking at new muds to play a couple of weeks ago and came across Achaea, gave it a shot and was absolutely disgusted at the northeast, northwest room possibilities, their format of combat etc. I remembered how everyone talked about carrionfields and decided to give it another try. It is very similiar to solace in classes, abilities, combat etc, so it was a pleasant transistion.

Neitaro (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 06:30 AM

#76838, "Nice to meet one more Solace vet! n/t"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Elhe (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 03:16 PM

#76856, "I'm teh true Solace vet"
In response to Reply #11

Really. =)

Zaltais (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 05:37 PM

#76867, "RE: I'm teh true Solace vet"
In response to Reply #17

You've aroused my curiosity, who did you play? what timeframe?

Elhe (Guest)Fri 13-Feb-09 11:01 AM

#76990, "I think it's not a good"
In response to Reply #18

place to discuss another mud. But you can e-mail me, danik_iv@mail.ru

ArtificialFri 13-Feb-09 12:36 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76995, "+1 to the russian perma! nt"
In response to Reply #21

nt

Elhe (Guest)Fri 13-Feb-09 12:54 PM

#76996, "Why did you e-mail me request to join us?"
In response to Reply #22

You must be russian for that

Elhe (Guest)Fri 13-Feb-09 12:54 PM

#76997, "Why did you e-mail me request to join us?"
In response to Reply #22

You must be russian for that

ArtificialFri 13-Feb-09 12:58 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#76998, "touche. nt"
In response to Reply #24

nt

Mreash (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 06:31 AM

#76839, "Thought you did a good job"
In response to Reply #2

I wouldn't have known this was your first cf character. We had some good scuffles, and some fun banter. Good luck with your next.

Nivek1Tue 10-Feb-09 06:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#76840, "I could tell you were new, but 1st character?"
In response to Reply #2

Color me impressed.

Bertmern (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 09:31 AM

#76845, "You didn't do too badly for your first character."
In response to Reply #2

Really, impressive job.

Keep it up--I like the character.

IsildurTue 10-Feb-09 09:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#76848, "RE: What? Why?"
In response to Reply #2

Kudos for playing a paladin for your first character, actually getting empowered, and actually doing some good. You have a bright future here.

If you wanted, you could now try one of the "standard" newbie classes. Assassin maybe. Just know you're a lot more fragile than a shield spec paladin.

Nidblot (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 03:11 AM

#76886, "RE: What? Why?"
In response to Reply #2

It is hard to play a tribbie paladin. Not just due to working with evils within the Spire, but also in regard to law vs paladin code vs good criminals. Shield paladins are not exactly cut out to seal solo kills at hero levels, so do not worry about that at all.

I knew you were kind of new, but really liked your attitude during our first interview. I tried to help you out as much as i could (evil shaman vs infidel paladin). With a few more hero chars under your belt i am certain you will be a pro ..

Good luck with your next, and hope to see you around in another incarnation.

Nian (Guest)Thu 12-Feb-09 05:02 PM

#76954, "RE: What? Why?"
In response to Reply #2

I thought Zaltais was well played and a solid character in all respects. I'm an all 'The Light' kinda guy, and you were the more pragmatic, Law/Justice Paladin guy. Those (little) differences made it fun to discuss things with you. You were a good friend to Nian.

Much luck on whatever is next, I'm looking forward to it!

Doriel (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 12:19 PM

#77115, "RE: What? Why?"
In response to Reply #2

Zaltais,

Wanted to say it was my pleasure. You were a quick learner and we had a lot of good times. Keep it up, you have the ability bring a lot to the game.

See you in the Fields my friend.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76826 Previous topic | Next topic