Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76258
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 25-Jan-09 07:56 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76258, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon"

Sun Jan 25 18:55:18 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Serveyain perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:96

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..., That explains (Guest), 26-Jan-09 08:04 AM, #9
Reply Ment to sign it with my name:) nt, Ikbe (Guest), 26-Jan-09 08:05 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..., Shamanman guest (Guest), 26-Jan-09 01:24 AM, #5
Reply Oh and, Shams guest (Guest), 26-Jan-09 01:26 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..., Ahtieli2 (Guest), 26-Jan-09 03:52 AM, #8
Reply Another yin bites tha' dust, Ysaloerye, 26-Jan-09 11:39 AM, #11
Reply I was teh Lasher., Krilcov K (Guest), 26-Jan-09 07:19 PM, #12
     Reply It's funny.., Java, 26-Jan-09 07:23 PM, #13
Reply Can't believe you deleted., Hayim (Guest), 25-Jan-09 11:00 PM, #3
Reply Heh, Serv (Guest), 26-Jan-09 01:31 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..., Enlilth, 25-Jan-09 08:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..., Isildur, 26-Jan-09 01:23 AM, #4
Reply Why? nt, Dervish, 25-Jan-09 08:09 PM, #1

That explains (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 08:04 AM

#76274, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..."
In response to Reply #0

You seemed newbie there, but not being able to use magics explains it. Ah, and for the Gods sake, stop doing that stupid trap with ethereal knight in Balator

Ikbe (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 08:05 AM

#76275, "Ment to sign it with my name:) nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

Shamanman guest (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 01:24 AM

#76266, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the responses thus far, and its too bad. I really liked elf two hander.

I'll be honest though, I couldnt handle the heat Ysal was dishing out as far as the no-magic. I wasn't quite sure how to handle it, as that wasn't around when I was Gramoak(Hi Enlilth!), so I went with a basically rager approach. No spells, no pills, no potions, but I would wear magical eq since it was 'diluted' enough to not be of harm.

And I began to die. A lot. I couldn't fly/change my size/resist any damage that I couldnt cover through sanc/prot. The biggest ones were flight/tele though.

Not that this is to hate on Ysal at all, I'm still a sucker for her religion, just maybe as something a bit more survivable without magical things. As I basically decided my only shot at being semi-successful was to get full maran/temperance virtue; and I dont like basing a character off of a virtue/maranation.

Anyway, post and I'll respond.

Shams

Shams guest (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 01:26 AM

#76267, "Oh and"
In response to Reply #5

And also I had a hard time making the 'switch' in lifestyle halfway through. As I didnt actually see Ysal until I was lvl 44 or so. Thus I had ~90 hours and a lot of buildup using magic/having mage allies/and basically screwing up the religious laws she had in place. I just couldnt really get the 'spark' back after that.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 03:52 AM

#76271, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..."
In response to Reply #5

Liked our char before the palace.

Good luck.

YsaloeryeMon 26-Jan-09 11:39 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76279, "Another yin bites tha' dust"
In response to Reply #5

Man on man you are going to kick yourself for this.
I really thought this might have been the first char to actually go all the way through the religion.
I was also just waiting to catch you on to pull the trigger on Temperance, and I can't imagine Maran was far away for you.
Everyone seemed to like Serveyain, Enlilth amongst others was always commenting on your performance.

This was a char that could have really rocked if you had stuck it out. Sorry if the magical restrictions nerfed some of the funstick. But I am the Battle Biddy after all, and while I don't require them of all followers, I knew what you were seeking and to get there you have to embody everything about the Paragon. Just a tough row to hoe is all.

Anyway I enjoyed having you in the flock again. Glad you at least got to see the other side of the religion this time.

Ya pointy-eared git!

Krilcov K (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 07:19 PM

#76295, "I was teh Lasher."
In response to Reply #5

Dude, when I kill people, I try not taking more than one thing.
When I got killed on the eastern road, It was like every other char.
Never got looted bad, untill team fortress walks by and every one of the the four or five picks up 2 or 3 things a piece. Every char I play gets hit by this way, by this cabal. I should play a lightwalker, so I wont gear rapped by the light, evil is way cooler in those regards. Just can't get of the evil train however.

JavaMon 26-Jan-09 07:23 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#76296, "It's funny.."
In response to Reply #12

Because in my experience, the exact opposite is true.

But then, I'm almost always the goodie.

In reality, I think neither side is as innocent or as guilty as we both want to think.

Hayim (Guest)Sun 25-Jan-09 11:00 PM

#76263, "Can't believe you deleted."
In response to Reply #0

Hate you now.

Serv (Guest)Mon 26-Jan-09 01:31 AM

#76268, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

We got along pretty well after our spiderhaunt chronicles. Pinnacle of that was me trying to hold a conversation with someone and accidently typing what I was saying.

Hence the infamous

You tell the group 'Gay.'

I almost died after I did that.

EnlilthSun 25-Jan-09 08:40 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#76260, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..."
In response to Reply #0

This was a good character.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

IsildurMon 26-Jan-09 01:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#76265, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi..."
In response to Reply #2

I agree.

I interacted with Serveyain only sparsely, but what I saw seemed pretty high quality.

DervishSun 25-Jan-09 08:09 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#76259, "Why? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76258 Previous topic | Next topic