Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=76258
76258, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 25 18:55:18 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Serveyain perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:96
76274, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon
Posted by That explains on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed newbie there, but not being able to use magics explains it. Ah, and for the Gods sake, stop doing that stupid trap with ethereal knight in Balator:)
76275, Ment to sign it with my name:) nt
Posted by Ikbe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
76266, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi...
Posted by Shamanman guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the responses thus far, and its too bad. I really liked elf two hander.

I'll be honest though, I couldnt handle the heat Ysal was dishing out as far as the no-magic. I wasn't quite sure how to handle it, as that wasn't around when I was Gramoak(Hi Enlilth!), so I went with a basically rager approach. No spells, no pills, no potions, but I would wear magical eq since it was 'diluted' enough to not be of harm.

And I began to die. A lot. I couldn't fly/change my size/resist any damage that I couldnt cover through sanc/prot. The biggest ones were flight/tele though.

Not that this is to hate on Ysal at all, I'm still a sucker for her religion, just maybe as something a bit more survivable without magical things. As I basically decided my only shot at being semi-successful was to get full maran/temperance virtue; and I dont like basing a character off of a virtue/maranation.

Anyway, post and I'll respond.

Shams
76267, Oh and
Posted by Shams guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And also I had a hard time making the 'switch' in lifestyle halfway through. As I didnt actually see Ysal until I was lvl 44 or so. Thus I had ~90 hours and a lot of buildup using magic/having mage allies/and basically screwing up the religious laws she had in place. I just couldnt really get the 'spark' back after that.
76271, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champi...
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked our char before the palace.

Good luck.
76279, Another yin bites tha' dust
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man on man you are going to kick yourself for this.
I really thought this might have been the first char to actually go all the way through the religion.
I was also just waiting to catch you on to pull the trigger on Temperance, and I can't imagine Maran was far away for you.
Everyone seemed to like Serveyain, Enlilth amongst others was always commenting on your performance.

This was a char that could have really rocked if you had stuck it out. Sorry if the magical restrictions nerfed some of the funstick. But I am the Battle Biddy after all, and while I don't require them of all followers, I knew what you were seeking and to get there you have to embody everything about the Paragon. Just a tough row to hoe is all.

Anyway I enjoyed having you in the flock again. Glad you at least got to see the other side of the religion this time.

Ya pointy-eared git!
76295, I was teh Lasher.
Posted by Krilcov K on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, when I kill people, I try not taking more than one thing.
When I got killed on the eastern road, It was like every other char.
Never got looted bad, untill team fortress walks by and every one of the the four or five picks up 2 or 3 things a piece. Every char I play gets hit by this way, by this cabal. I should play a lightwalker, so I wont gear rapped by the light, evil is way cooler in those regards. Just can't get of the evil train however.
76296, It's funny..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because in my experience, the exact opposite is true.

But then, I'm almost always the goodie.

In reality, I think neither side is as innocent or as guilty as we both want to think.
76263, Can't believe you deleted.
Posted by Hayim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate you now.
76268, Heh
Posted by Serv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We got along pretty well after our spiderhaunt chronicles. Pinnacle of that was me trying to hold a conversation with someone and accidently typing what I was saying.

Hence the infamous

You tell the group 'Gay.'

I almost died after I did that.
76260, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a good character.
76265, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Serveyain Veylazila the Champion of the Virtues, Apprentice Smith of the Paragon
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I agree.

I interacted with Serveyain only sparsely, but what I saw seemed pretty high quality.
76259, Why? nt
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt