Subject: "Deleted later" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73662
Show all folders

Goganop (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-08 09:15 PM

#73662, "Deleted later"

Well Gog was a fun ride but I realized I just peeked and didn't see anything more interesting happening with the character. I actually rolled goganop months ago to help a buddy get back into the game and then around rank 27 I was forced to rename and just quit playing the character because well it was friggin stupid I got renamed. I then rolled up and played raknar.

I picked up again at double xp weekend and ranked and joined the fort and made a lot of friends. After getting renamed i knew I was pretty much never gonna get any loving later in life but i still got some and that which I got I appreciated. I was kind of mind boggled I never got asked to be captain or marshall but well whatever.

I deleted because in a deadly area explore I die and a couple of d-bags decide to destroy my corpse and containers rather then sort through the gear. I was about to hit 8 con so I would have only been around another week anyway so I just decided now was a good time to go so I can focus on studying for my certification exam next week and get me a job.

Goodbyes

Isendor-thanks for showing me the nifty things you did I enjoyed all the kuo tao king slaying we did and seeing the various new areas. Good luck in the heavens and don't delete this time.

Unalethekai: THUNDA BROTHAS haha I absolutly loved running with you and if padwei and synoria were not around I think you would make an insanely good cardinal/prophet. You always made me smile and we sure worked well together.

Padwei: Thanks for always saving me when I got in trouble and I had a blast doin all the area exploring where neither of us had any idea where we were going.

Sil: How are you not maran?

orcs: it baffles me that I just couldn't out tank you guys, you sure are a terror keep it up

zefta: Keep in there your doin good.

uhh there are a lot more of you but I got some paper writing to do.

btw I saw more crazy gear with gog then in my entire cf career combined. I mean i lost humansunder 3 times in a row and it just kept coming back to me it was a cool experience to be the uber geared warrior for once.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Deleted later, Bajula, 31-Oct-08 03:48 PM, #12
Reply I liked fighting you, Nererial (Guest), 30-Oct-08 03:05 PM, #9
Reply trash talking, Goganop (Guest), 30-Oct-08 04:23 PM, #10
     Reply There was only one time, I think, Nererial (Guest), 30-Oct-08 06:25 PM, #11
Reply Ugh. Dude!, Unalethekai (Guest), 30-Oct-08 10:03 AM, #8
Reply In one way it's a relief...., Zefta (Guest), 30-Oct-08 08:15 AM, #5
Reply you really stood out as an enemy, goganop (Guest), 30-Oct-08 08:42 AM, #6
Reply RE: Deleted later, Sletren (Guest), 29-Oct-08 11:32 PM, #4
Reply I'm seeing the same thing., Alzinghul (Guest), 29-Oct-08 09:36 PM, #2
Reply what had me worried, goganop (Guest), 29-Oct-08 09:49 PM, #3
Reply Geez!, Ilbjorga (Guest), 29-Oct-08 09:36 PM, #1
     Reply hey keep on truckin, Goganop (Guest), 30-Oct-08 08:46 AM, #7

BajulaFri 31-Oct-08 03:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73694, "RE: Deleted later"
In response to Reply #0

I always liked Gog, at your worst you were VERY handy to have
around. At your best, well it was just that much better.
Best of luck with the next.
-Volu

Nererial (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 03:05 PM

#73681, "I liked fighting you"
In response to Reply #0

But it got a lot harder once you stopped dropping weapons.

If you wonder why I recalled as soon as you warcried each time, unless I'd maladicted you a lot already, it was because I had fervor up and thus couldn't use wimpy to reduce the damage of your flurries.

Still, you were a good enemy. I don't remember you talking trash but I do remember you mixing it up. Thumbs up.

Goganop (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 04:23 PM

#73683, "trash talking"
In response to Reply #9

I only returned trash talk so if you didn't direct annoying tells at me you didn't get them back and I made it a point to try not making it a habbit because it just looks cheesy on both sides.

I think in my early days being able to nab you once or twice while the lich + friends raided was a major rush. would be cool to see more leadership presence from empire and get more back and forth going.

Nererial (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 06:25 PM

#73685, "There was only one time, I think"
In response to Reply #10

I think it was Ahtieli, Eleira and myself. I assumed everyone would be targeting the lich, and I couldn't really follow what was happening in the spam, so I just spammed heal on my self. Then I realised all four or five defenders were lagging me out or flurrying me. Unfortunately by then, I had about 3 heals queued, so I say back and hoped that one of the other two would realise I was in trouble and do something. I don't normally spam but I was unaware that my previous commands hadn't gone through because of the spam. Pretty sure that by then nothing was going to save me.

It blew me away that I didn't lose more of my set to you guys when I died, considering there were lowbies around as well. Definitely took the sting out of the beating!

Anyway, well played.

Unalethekai (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 10:03 AM

#73677, "Ugh. Dude!"
In response to Reply #0

This was the last thing I expected to see on the battlefield. I'm SOOOOOO disappointed.

You came out of nowhere, obviously had little role, but I could tell you knew your stuff so I stuck by your side, did my best to bring you to my religion, tried to help you flesh out a role, was certain you'd be Marshall or Captain, and it all seemed to be going very well.

I grew to love Goganop, my stormborn brother from the far north, and I think you and I could do pretty much anything together. I've never explored so much in the 8 years i've been playing, and it was a blast.
Thanks for all that you taught me, and thanks for playing along with my priestly attempts to bring you into Neltouda's fold.

GLWYN, roll up a goody because with you, java, isendor, et all. all leaving the pendulum is getting ready to swing hard back towards evil. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but it should be exciting at least.

Unalethekai

Zefta (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 08:15 AM

#73671, "In one way it's a relief...."
In response to Reply #0

But I really did enjoy fighting you when I wasn't alone. 1vs1 I just didn't stand a chance! Entwine was out of the question since you'd kill me in the two rounds I was unarmed. Though I might have had bad luck those time, at least one of the times I think you were hasted. ^^

The duel we had was... Insane, I had shield, aura, prot good, stone skin etc, and you hit me for big numbers, even though I was using imperial defences. ^^ After that, I just gave up on fighting you one vs one really. No point in being permalagged ending up with a flurry. (Never avoided any of your flurries...)
So in that regard, I'm glad you're dead. heh

You were a PK-beast, never did see any of your RP though.

goganop (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 08:42 AM

#73672, "you really stood out as an enemy"
In response to Reply #5

I liked our fights and I was nervous as hell fighting you and baglan. You do realize once I got echoed if you had entwined it should have been game over for me between all your guys various abilities. I think people thought I was a lot deadlier then I really was because I doubt I broke 40 kills. When I built goganop I said I want to be good at one thing and be really really good at it instead of being good at a bunch and the direction I took was dealing damage. and with warcry I tened to be in the high 80's low 90's for damage.

as per the haste yeah the one fight I had it from a transmuter. but I actually had haste for just about every fight. the damage bonus from cry of thunder is nice but the real icing on the cake is the 0 tick haste, it let me take down some really rough mobs solo where I would just go in warcry fight a tick hasted flee heal for 5 repeat. Also the + 5 str and dex negated some dagger specs so I could pull a big flurry even after maledictions. Cry of thunder is teh sweet!

anyways I hope they demote eleia and give you warmaster cause I think you would make a better one for the empire (not so much in terms of personal deathfullness but you would manage the sect better I think and make it grow)

Sletren (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-08 11:32 PM

#73668, "RE: Deleted later"
In response to Reply #0

Well, you gave me an aura that you were badass, and I would try to get good fights with you everytime I saw you on, but I don't think it happened very often. I really wanted to fight you more..

GLWYN and keep up the good work.

Alzinghul (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-08 09:36 PM

#73666, "I'm seeing the same thing."
In response to Reply #0

I think that the change to dex has switched up the items that people use dex specs are now almost always dagger specs and so swords are just always around. Humansunder/SpiritBreaker seem to be in and there isn't an Igbah in scion who holds the whole set. I actually liked thinking that there was this beastly character that everyone feared (you) with humansunder/bal talon and I wasn't slightly afraid unless I missed a hack. I thought it was awesome when Galadon pretty much forced you to take an arena duel with me, I had haste I'm sure you knew that. Good times.

Alzinghul

goganop (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-08 09:49 PM

#73667, "what had me worried"
In response to Reply #2

was I knew that i had a very short life expectancy against you hasted with hack since i was totally out of preps at the moment and i was worried as soon as i hit the arena i would eat a neuro/hack. I just wish you had missed hack once!!

though that time in hamsah where you were apparently LD i hit you warcry flurry and 4 rounds later I was with 150 hp and you were only writhing! I was just like youch! I think my next very well may be an orc.

Ilbjorga (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-08 09:36 PM

#73665, "Geez!"
In response to Reply #0

All that surrounded Goganop in my eyes was coolness. You were a ####ing train running around hitting people with those flurries. Quite knowledgable too! Loved having you around! Seems the tide will turn quite a bit from the days Isendor was Captain (Which was what...a week ago?)

GLWYN! (When you're settled with a job and all of course!)

Goganop (Guest)Thu 30-Oct-08 08:46 AM

#73673, "hey keep on truckin"
In response to Reply #1

I know you might be a bit frustrated at still being a squire but your on the right track just keep soldiering on. Its also ok you know when going into a group v group situation to say uhh I am not well prepared to handle fiends, I would have stopped and thrown you some preps to help out with it I felt really bad when I would get out of a situation I lead into and others wouldn't (wexlen I owe you this apology like 6 times haha)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73662 Previous topic | Next topic