Subject: "(DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7313
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 27-Jun-02 11:10 PM
Member since 02nd May 2024
16823 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7313, "(DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"

Fri Jun 28 01:08:17 2002

4 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Orinah perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:None, None
Hours:340
PK Ratio:91% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 27-Jun-02 11:35 PM, #3
Reply I don't know if I can get over being missed., Eskelian, 28-Jun-02 12:17 AM, #6
Reply Are you going to re-roll?, n/t (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:26 AM, #7
Reply Tasar--errr, Orinah 2.0 coming to a mud near you! n/t, Hehehehe! (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:32 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Wasarbre (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:30 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:19 AM, #18
     Reply Huh?, Ulthur, 28-Jun-02 02:08 PM, #37
          Reply RE: Huh?, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 02:59 PM, #38
               Reply Confusion, Ulthur, 28-Jun-02 07:37 PM, #53
                    Reply RE: Confusion, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 09:01 PM, #55
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Daiken (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:38 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:54 AM, #13
     Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Daiken (Guest), 28-Jun-02 12:59 AM, #14
          Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:13 AM, #17
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Dullameh, 28-Jun-02 12:45 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:07 AM, #15
Reply Heh,, Zethyr (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:57 AM, #19
Reply RE: Heh,, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 02:18 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Dranolian (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:20 AM, #21
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:28 AM, #22
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Ulfin (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:53 AM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:55 AM, #24
Reply RE:, Dwoggurd (Guest), 28-Jun-02 06:06 AM, #25
Reply RE:, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 06:51 AM, #26
Reply Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed., Krivohan, 28-Jun-02 07:14 AM, #27
Reply RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed., Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 07:44 AM, #28
     Reply RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed., Valguarnera, 28-Jun-02 10:19 AM, #34
          Reply RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed., Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:35 PM, #44
          Reply By the by, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:45 PM, #45
               Reply RE: By the by, Krivohan, 28-Jun-02 04:34 PM, #47
                    Reply RE: By the by, Krivohan, 28-Jun-02 04:38 PM, #48
                         Reply RE: By the by, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 05:18 PM, #50
          Reply Ya, I thought I was going crazy..., Oddjob, 28-Jun-02 11:40 PM, #61
               Reply RE: Ya, I thought I was going crazy..., Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 11:55 PM, #62
Reply Damned..., Fauaqi (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:07 AM, #29
Reply RE: Damned..., Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:24 AM, #30
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, MistressZefarah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:31 AM, #31
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:08 PM, #39
     Reply RP, dear. RP!, MistressZefarah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 06:12 PM, #52
          Reply RE: RP, dear. RP!, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:58 PM, #54
Reply Well..., Garlinthas (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:56 AM, #32
Reply RE: Well..., Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:15 PM, #41
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Racli, 28-Jun-02 09:59 AM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:13 PM, #40
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Dakizar (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:29 PM, #36
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:25 PM, #42
     Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Isildur, 28-Jun-02 09:12 PM, #57
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Cercanopuno (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:14 PM, #46
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Kalraak (Guest), 28-Jun-02 04:40 PM, #49
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 05:21 PM, #51
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Isildur, 28-Jun-02 09:07 PM, #56
     Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 09:42 PM, #58
          Reply Though I thought Valguarnera was a 'she' at first, he's..., Heheh (Guest), 28-Jun-02 11:03 PM, #59
               Reply RE:, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 11:23 PM, #60
                    Reply *sigh*, Valguarnera, 29-Jun-02 02:09 AM, #63
                         Reply RE: *sigh*, Orinah (Guest), 29-Jun-02 02:33 AM, #64
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Dullameh, 27-Jun-02 11:30 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements, Orinah (Guest), 27-Jun-02 11:45 PM, #4
     Reply Last post on the subject, Dullameh, 28-Jun-02 12:49 AM, #12
          Reply RE: Last post on the subject, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 01:10 AM, #16
Reply Could you have gone out with any more style?, Dallevian, 27-Jun-02 11:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Could you have gone out with any more style?, Orinah (Guest), 27-Jun-02 11:48 PM, #5
          Reply Heh, Lannie (Guest), 28-Jun-02 11:46 AM, #35
               Reply RE: Heh, Orinah (Guest), 28-Jun-02 03:28 PM, #43

Orinah (Guest)Thu 27-Jun-02 11:35 PM

#7314, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #0

91%, must be slipping. Well, not much to say on this one. I liked him better then Mordan, but somewhere amidst all the practice I lost alot of the flavor. I had a skimpy role to begin with and I'm not sure just when I tossed it out the window, but I definately ignored it. I suppose I could have stuck around after that fiasco with Dullameh, but why bother? I had no immteraction, although I had no rp either so who can blame them. I had enemies everywhere. I think being out of scion I could have called one person an ally of sorts. So be it. I had begun to lose interest as it was, even rolled another character before this one was dead, something I have *never* done while I had a hero. The waits inbetween the Hell trips have just gotten too boring. So on to the next and maybe something there will spark my interest.

Farewells.
Most people I have said farewell to in their own posts, or in Mordan's post.

Maran-
Paladins are alot easier to deal with as an invoker. The wrath wrath wrath technique does not work as well as it does on the duergar, as many have lamented too late.

Warlocks-
Still no one worth mentioning yet

Sylvan
Mmmm...most took pot shots and ran, or would not bother showing to defend. Shalven is a good example. Came to defend, which by that point the ranger was dead and the bear half dead, takes a mid-damage hit from a geyser, runs and does not come back. I think of all the times I raided...maybe five times someone was with me. *shrug* Each hunt their own ways.

Battle
I do wish I could have tested the up and coming. The elders presented nothing fresh, no challenge. The destructor, as always, is without question the most powerful inner guardian, and dealing with entwine while in there...just nasty.

Nexus
Barely knew any of you beyond the "Let's hit the village" scene. The one cabal I have never been a part of, I still don't believe I ever will be.

Scion
The chancellors- I lump you all together because why waste the breath saying something three times? Greed, deceit, fear. It sums you all up. The greed...well, ok, we're evil, greed is natural. Still, to the extent I see...ugh, makes me sick even. Krivohan, this is the second hero I've had with you as chancellor, in that time I have seen you for a total of...I'll be generous and say twelve hours. One word, weak. Dullameh...that bs at the end exemplefies you. From the time of Karel to now, it has always been your ego and greed. If it is in your role, go with it, it makes you stick out at least, because quite frankly, as a lich, you are not that fearsome. Here are some images to think on, Istendil, Zorszaul or even look to your own sky for Valguarnera. Sorry, you just don't measure up. I will definately *not* play another scion while you're still around. Not with my sweat.

Fauqi, Lacasia, Dranolian- I usually don't group people together, but what I say goes for all three. All of you, well done. Solid figures that could always be depended on, you are people I would actual call friend if the scion allowed such a word to be uttered. Keep it up.

If I missed someone...get over it.

EskelianFri 28-Jun-02 12:17 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7369, "I don't know if I can get over being missed."
In response to Reply #3

...But I'll try . I really enjoyed my interactions with you, and I could tell from early on that you were someone who should play a Scion mage. Wits to back up your action, and seemingly perfect role at the time. I can't say I was disappointed after that, and it was unfortunate that you deleted, I think the times to come would've proven more interesting. I'll look forward to your next, and only hope it'll be as an ally of mine and not an enemy.

n/t (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:26 AM

#7367, "Are you going to re-roll?"
In response to Reply #3

n/t

Hehehehe! (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:32 AM

#7368, "Tasar--errr, Orinah 2.0 coming to a mud near you! n/t"
In response to Reply #7

Wasarbre (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:30 AM

#7361, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

Had some fun fights. Wish I could give you more than wrath, wrath, wrath...but hell, i could give you a few angelswings (more lag for me, less damage), or maybe a shieldbash (never works anyhow), or hmmm.....disarm? *chuckle*

Anyhow, I liked you charactor. Be well.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:19 AM

#7362, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #8

You know, from the very first time I met you, I knew you could not possibly be a servant. Appears I was right. There were some good fights, although you were not a suicide bomber like Ulthur, you seemed to try to balance reason with courage, and for the most part came out about the right mix.

UlthurFri 28-Jun-02 02:08 PM
44 posts
#7363, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #18

Huh? Did I even fight you more than once? The only time I can think of was in Galadon when you and the those two warriors were attacking Wasarbre, and I ran in to help him, and you immolated me. I ran off, and that immolate lasted forever... you eventually found me and killed me, but I would have been dead in another tick or two from the immolate anyway. That's one of the disadvantages to fighting people with 7 ranks on you. I'm not sure how that qualifies me as a suicide bomber...

Banzai!

-Ulthur

You know, from the very first time I met you, I knew you could not possibly be a servant. Appears I was right. There were some good fights, although you were not a suicide bomber like Ulthur, you seemed to try to balance reason with courage, and for the most part came out about the right mix.

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 02:59 PM

#7364, "RE: Huh?"
In response to Reply #37

I meant the time you came at the Chasm when me and Dranolian were defending. You died three times there, and once at the fortress. A couple of the times at the chasm you were near naked from the previous fights. *shrug* Maybe you call it courage. You did in fact get the hammer after awhile, but we took it back anyway. So I call that a suicide bomber.

UlthurFri 28-Jun-02 07:37 PM
44 posts
#7365, "Confusion"
In response to Reply #38

Must be thinking of someone else, I'm not a Maran. I helped raid the Chasam with some Warlocks once, and you weren't in my range then, but you shielded the outter guardian and we fled. I think I'll start yelling Banzi! before every fight now anyway though.

Ulthur the Suicide Bomber

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 09:01 PM

#7366, "RE: Confusion"
In response to Reply #53

Ugh. Damn, you're right. See this is what happens when you fight too many damn people and a good deal of them paladins. Yes, I remember setting you on fire and you ran out into the weald...think I fought you somewhere else as well. The suicide bomber was Halning however...sorry about that, just isn't right mixing people up.

Daiken (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:38 AM

#7357, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

>Scion
>The chancellors- I lump you all together because why waste
>the breath saying something three times? Greed, deceit,
>fear. It sums you all up. The greed...well, ok, we're evil,
>greed is natural. Still, to the extent I see...ugh, makes me
>sick even. Krivohan, this is the second hero I've had with
>you as chancellor, in that time I have seen you for a total
>of...I'll be generous and say twelve hours. One word, weak.
>Dullameh...that bs at the end exemplefies you. From the time
>of Karel to now, it has always been your ego and greed. If
>it is in your role, go with it, it makes you stick out at
>least, because quite frankly, as a lich, you are not that
>fearsome. Here are some images to think on, Istendil,
>Zorszaul or even look to your own sky for Valguarnera.
>Sorry, you just don't measure up. I will definately *not*
>play another scion while you're still around. Not with my
>sweat.

I didn't include Orinah in my deletion note because i didn't really have a relationship with you. However, the 2 of us in hell fighting Borunbrue and co was amusing as, well, Hell. Probably one of my only positive experiences in hell (i don't really like the area).

But to make all these comments about greed is hilarious, Orinah matched anyone in the cabal in the greed stakes. You wanted the etched pendants and the (other) ring of regen, Dullameh obviously wanted the mask and I wanted the etched pendants (makes exploring so much easier, specially when you're permalagged). But yes, "Ego" is the one word describer for Mordan and Orinah. It's part of what made it hilariously easy to tell you were the same person (much like leud spots me from my newbie channel arguments )

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:54 AM

#7358, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #10

Yes, I wanted the etched pendants, as do every other non-rager evil. Did I try to take them from you by force? Did I not help you regain them once? If someone else has it, or takes it first, fine, I may want it, but I'm not going to quibble over it. What I had I fought for and got. Can the same be said for everyone else? And it is not ego, it is pride and confidence. I know my worth. I do not try to step above myself, but neither will I lower myself.

Daiken (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 12:59 AM

#7359, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #13

e·go Pronunciation Key (g, g)
n. pl. e·gos

(snip)

An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.
Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.

Daiken was guilty of it also, he extracted every last drop of what he could from others.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:13 AM

#7360, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #14

If you want to get Freudian, yes, I have an ego, as does everyone. Look at that definition, number one or number two? Do you believe I thought more of myself then I was? Or was it an "appropriate pride"? By the way, yes, the two of us on the fourth circle was a friggin riot.

DullamehFri 28-Jun-02 12:45 AM
11 posts
#7355, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

As for your rant on "The chancellors," I have a brief response:

I could tell from the start that Orinah was superficial, and a straight explore/pk character. That's fine. Roleplay isn't for everyone. Hell, it wasn't always for me. Until you've produced a character that's even halfway impressive in that respect, you have no right to criticize my roleplay. The stuff you said about Krivohan isn't true either, but I'll let him defend himself.

You also appear to believe that I care if Istendil or Zorszaul were 'scarier' than Dullameh. Istendil and Zorszaul were both exceptionally skilled players, and both scared me to death. I do the best I can, and I have fun doing it. Roll up a necromancer, Lich, lead a cabal successfully, etc. Be better than me, then rub it in my face.

That said, I'd like to offer my condolences for your bad CF day, but it's no reason to blame the "damn mace" and not Dakizar's skill, or try to hurt my feelings by comparing me to my 'predecessors' instead of seeing what I do for its own worth. I could name a lot of Duergar warriors, Fire A-Ps and human invokers that are at least thrice as skilled as you in all respects. Does it hurt your feelings? It shouldn't, but I get the impression it does.

P.S. I liked Mordan.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:07 AM

#7356, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #11

Bad CF day...there is no such thing. I lost link and died...oh well. ##### happens. I got deafened in a force duel, again ##### happens. I keep rolling with the punches. As for your bs about all the rp, I have in fact have had leaders. None in scion, few in empire, shadow for what that it had eladers, battle. I have had spectres...of course anyone that knows anything about me in the least knows I do not have the patience required for a lich quest. I know it, so I do not even bother. As for the comparrisons to other liches, I gave them as an example of people who brought greatness to their cabals, ones who could make the claim you did and not be full of #####. Perhaps you're more concerned with your rp aspects, I don't know because anyone not an immortal I think is to far below you to be show any consideration. What it comes down to is, I just do not like you. As I said, maybe it's your role, but I believe no mateer what your rp is, something of yourself comes through. As for naming people better then my warriors, invokers, a-ps...well, perhaps there are. Here is the one difference between me and the people you're thinking of however. I play my heart out even when I get all my pretty #####, because in the end it's just clothes, and I always come across something else. I don't get that unique item and show my face once every three weeks to avoid losing it. I do not run out of the world everytime the odds are stacked heavily in the favor of opposition. So you want to name names, fine, go ahead. I can name some that are better then me as well. No, it doesn't bother me, I just play my game.

Zethyr (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:57 AM

#7353, "Heh,"
In response to Reply #3

tell Orinah I think communication is the key here

I always felt like more of a hindrance than an aid, and damn did your spells hurt.

Zethyr.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 02:18 AM

#7354, "RE: Heh,"
In response to Reply #19

Ha. When an invoker of another cabal is fighting the outer guardian of a mutual enemy...now matter how much you want to help...stay away. I have no idea how many pillars and geysers you caught, but everytime I heard you yell I'd just wince and think "Why doesn't he learn to tell me he's coming before he get's here?"

Dranolian (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:20 AM

#7351, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

-Fauqi, Lacasia, Dranolian- I usually don't group people together, but what I say goes for all three. All of you, well done. Solid figures that could always be depended on, you are people I would actual call friend if the scion allowed such a word to be uttered. Keep it up.

From the first moment I saw you. Staff of wonders traded for the cube of force ect ect. Then you were a hero in less than a week. I knew you were Mordan. The attitude you displayed as a mega badass was well deserved. I thought it as part of your roleplay. The defiant attitude the ruthlessness. I added all of this to my attitude and role. With this char and with Mordan has been the most fun I have had on CF yet. I did want to make it all the way through hell. For some reason I knew not to become to attached or dependant because I knew once that badass set was gone you were going to delete. You bounced back well the first time. I hope we get to interact again. And perhaps make it ALL the way through hell.

-Dranolian

Dranolain tells the group 'We will make it out this time?'
Orinah tells the group 'We always make it out don't we?'

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:28 AM

#7352, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #21

The deletion has nothing to do with losing a badass set. As I said, when I role up another character before my current hero is even dead, something is wrong. And I roled him while I still had everything. *shrug* What can I say. And by the way...we always did get out of Hell...

Ulfin (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:53 AM

#7349, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

Had some fun in the inferno with you, thanks for the trip. It's hard down there, keep getting bored, you wanting me to do the same thing over and over and over again(chaotic complaint, not healer complaint)...

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:55 AM

#7350, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #23

Ya, sorry for making you heal and all...*smirk* Sorry about that avalanche thing too...but two Cerunnirs, better safe then sorry.

Dwoggurd (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 06:06 AM

#7347, "RE:"
In response to Reply #3

>91%, must be slipping. Well, not much to say on this one. I
>liked him better then Mordan, but somewhere amidst all the
>practice I lost alot of the flavor.

Still it was an improvement over Mordan.

>The waits inbetween the Hell trips have just gotten too boring.

The new and ancient goodies(ragers,sylvans) start to raise
their heads again. You could find something to do now.
Something that you missed with Mordan and young Orinah.
Though I understand that would be harder after that mask thing.

And it seems that the player behind Orinah has become bitter...
Perhaps you need a break or help

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 06:51 AM

#7348, "RE:"
In response to Reply #25

A 4% improvement over Mordan, due entirely to the fact that wrath and sunray had considerablly effect on me. As for the goodies...*shrug* I slew marans, sylvans and ragers but the bushelfull. If I was an a-p, fine might be interesting to se if I could break the 1000 mark or something, but as an invoker going around setting people on fire and then trying to put them out with a geyser gets old. As for being bitter...you may be right, notice I am alot more irritable these days. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis, or some ##### like that. Although the mask thing...well, I have every right to be bitter about that. A cabal leader demanding a unique piece of eq from or telling me I'll be booted, just BS. Don't care if it was the empire and he was the emperor, it's BS. And that is the second thing he has demanded. Oh, as I didn't put this in anywhere else, affinities for those curious. Air and earth- 3. Ice and ooze-5. Fire and lightning-6. Water-7. Yes, cheaper geysers is cool...trying to perfect pebble to boulder or vortex with a three...not cool. Improved invis was the only spell I did not have, and as I had to perfect a spell that cost 95 mana and two rounds...wasn't worth the effort to try for me.

KrivohanFri 28-Jun-02 07:14 AM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7337, "Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed."
In response to Reply #3

I pegged you before you even hero'd.
The chancellors- I lump you all together because why waste the breath saying something three times? Greed, deceit, fear. It sums you all up. The greed...well, ok, we're evil, greed is natural. Still, to the extent I see...ugh, makes me sick even. Krivohan, this is the second hero I've had with you as chancellor, in that time I have seen you for a total of...I'll be generous and say twelve hours. One word, weak.
The greed thing I don't really think applies to me. Deceit and fear okay I'm claim those two. The other comment is completely wrong, but I don't have to justify myself to you. Like I said last time try roleplaying and you might get a little more out of your character. Saying I've researched "Hell" or I've known people in past lives who gone this far with such and such a group isn't a good start. You talk about cabal leaders in the past, but how long ago was that? I've got news for you the bar is a little higher than it used to be and isn't based only on Pking like it once was. I suggest you make a Dawn member as your next character since that would limit your playing style to a little more than pk/hell since that has been the pattern for what four or five characters now?

If you feel like it e-mail me there is something I wanted to tell you.
krivohan@hotmail.com
Krivohan the Vindicated, High Chancellor of Shapeshifting

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 07:44 AM

#7338, "RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed."
In response to Reply #27

No, greed did not typically apply to you. The time thing does. Argue it if you like. You talk and talk about how you are old and dying, well, die already then. Don't come around see what is going on, find nothing monumental and then leave. As for Hell, I never said ##### as Orinah other then saying I have tried to research it...which were the exact words you used when I was Mordan. So what, I assume you have been there with another character? As for rp...yes, as I said, I had started with a role and such...just I have little patience and my invokers come across as nothing more then statistics in the end. Oh well, my bad. And my cabal leaders....none of them were reknowned for killing ability. Well, almost none.

ValguarneraFri 28-Jun-02 10:19 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7339, "RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed."
In response to Reply #28

Don't come around see what is going on, find nothing monumental and then leave.

While Krivohan doesn't keep your hours (you were averaging roughly 11 hours/day over your mortal life), I never expect anyone to. CF's a game for casual players and 'addicts', and while I expect something more from leaders, I never plan to come down on guys who are 'only' averaging 1-2 hours/day for a portion of their life. Everyone's got stuff to do.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:35 PM

#7342, "RE: Huh? Karel? Who would have guessed."
In response to Reply #34

I understand the life aspect. Take the last time I saw Krivohan. He is getting together yet another group for Hell. He gets sidetracked by ragers on eastern and we end up hitting the village where he dies. So he gets back whatever everyone got, locates a bit, then quits, I take it the trip is off. We are in the seventh circle of hell, Krivohan is tired and *HAS* to go. Fine, ok...oh, wait, Tartoth just came back, and lookie, he has a ring. I suppose I can make time for that. Tartoth is dead...drop link. These are my images of Krivohan. Ok, life is intruding on our fantasy world and won't be pushed aside. So be it, happens to everyone. Yet when you come around, ask about the chances for a Hell trip (a trip that will take hours) find the chances to be about zero, and then quit, I do not call that life intruding, as apparently life can be put off for a few hours if we can go to Hell. And I don't know how you do you averages, does the fact that he spent about ten hours in Hell in one week give him the 1-2 hours average?

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:45 PM

#7343, "By the by"
In response to Reply #44

As a character, I do like Krivohan. In a world where the chancellors are expected to treat you like just another floater in the toilet, he did not make me, or anyone else that I could see, feel that way. He did not make outrageous demands. I have a memory, one of the few I can retain these days. I believe we were in Hell, although the scenery doesn't present a clear picture, only the words. We killed something, got something, and someone wanted it and Krivohan was iding it. he said, quote, "No! I am the Chancellor, it's mine! Mine I tell you!." And then promptly handed over whatever the hell it was. Think it was a ring, but doesn't really matter. He took something that is pretty much the norm, said screw that, and made a joke of that. And that is what I think is a good part of what makes Krivohan Krivohan. He comes across as a person, old and frail by all appearances, but still just a person, who just happens to be a chancellor. That's my view anyway.

KrivohanFri 28-Jun-02 04:34 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7344, "RE: By the by"
In response to Reply #45

I had to comment on that trip one trip. It was 3am when I left and I had to be at work by 6am, but I love hell and I liked our odds. That was the exception not the rule.

KrivohanFri 28-Jun-02 04:38 PM
80 posts
#7345, "RE: By the by"
In response to Reply #47

As far as the logging out after I died. It was because I was frustrated over a couple of things and ready to delete so I took a deep breath stepped back and gave myself some time to cool down before getting all rash and #####.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 05:18 PM

#7346, "RE: By the by"
In response to Reply #48

Understandable on both counts. I know I take my flexibility with work for granted, and I fail to considers others responsibilities sometimes. I am only human, and I make mistakes as well. Perhaps I am wrong about you trying to outlast your time. I just say it like I see it, what makes me...well, me.

OddjobFri 28-Jun-02 11:40 PM
345 posts
#7340, "Ya, I thought I was going crazy..."
In response to Reply #34

I remember hanging around you in the mid 20s and the next thing I know you are a heroed invoker. Not only heroed but all spells done...made me even point it out to a friend in the "those were the days" tone. Made me miss college all over again.

Anyway, I liked the char when I was around him.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 11:55 PM

#7341, "RE: Ya, I thought I was going crazy..."
In response to Reply #61

Eh...don't recall traveling with an Oddjob...although quite a few people I would consider just plain odd. No I'm not in colledge...went for a couple years and discovered it was cheaper to just go to the bar. As for heroing...I am the farthest thing from a level sitter. I rank fast and practice alot...well, I practice alot on some characters. You know, Karel never even had sleep perfected...invoker just force you to sit down and practice however.

Fauaqi (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 08:07 AM

#7335, "Damned..."
In response to Reply #3

We grew up together and it was quite obvious from day one that you knew what you were doing. I on the other hand do not. I have played way to many ragers and this whole "prep" thing is a new thing to me. And Scion is not the place to be doing this for the first time.

Anyway:
I traveled with you a large amount and despite what Dullameh and others say, I do think you were very skilled, especially from a game mechanics point of view and I have ran into very few people with the amount of game knowledge you had. I enjoyed being your bitch guard as I enjoy being bitch guard to all of the Scion mages.

Again, the Hell trips were very informative and actually a lot of fun except for the second half of the 7th. I could taste it but again it fell away .

Good luck and you did very well. The whole demanding equipment thing is Empirish but is not Scionish, at least from my point of view. And it was quite wrong for Dullameh to do it since ultimately you are all mages and equal power in the Order and having keeping a powerful and intelligent mage (Orinah) In the Order is much more important than a piece of equipment, but they seem to fail to grasp that. Greed has its part but look at the hit the Order took because of the greed Dullameh, you lost a pretty nasty invoker. An invoker that empowered the cabal via shields and presence much more than a mask that you yourself could reproduce the affects of using a phylactery. My opinion.

I have lots more to say but I'll keep it in my pocket until I die or rage delete or lose my perfect set or age die or whatever.

Later

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 08:24 AM

#7336, "RE: Damned..."
In response to Reply #29

As I said, I liked you, something I can say about few people any character I play. Bad luck on the legacies though. I never tried to bitch you, and as a matter of fact I seem to remember being your guard quite often. As for the losing a mage thing...yes, Dullameh pretty much made my decision to make an end, but it was coming anyway. Think I wanted one more Hell trip is all. Oh well. Only thing about my next character I'll say, no more Hell. I have reached the end so seldom for the amount of trips taken...ugh, just not worth it. Especially when you get something and someone else takes it, not even by force. You know, yes I'm pissed, but mostly at myself. I should have telported and sacraficed it. Bah, to hell with making a point.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 08:31 AM

#7331, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

You forgot me and I'm not going to get over it! ...

Well. Orinah was quite a gentleman to Zefarah. He was like the older brother who spoils the younger sister. She cared for him in a selfish, and childish way. She could always complain to Orinah whenever her pretties were shattered, and he never failed her.

If there is any constructive criticism, here it is:

In all your CF wisdom you seem to take the game too seriously. Don't feel bad - you aren't the only one. If you are comfortable with your CF skills you should have no reason to take OOC potshots, or feel threatened. The stakes in CF are zero.

If you can't handle the politics inherent within cabals, try going solo. You're good enough to do it.

Also, try complimenting the people who you hated. You will get surprisingly good results, not to mention good sportsmanship. Unless your.... ego is too big.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:08 PM

#7332, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #31

I do in fact compliment the enemies I feel made an impression, not necessarily impressing me per se, just an impression. Like Wasarbre. Fine, he didn't scare me, wasn't some behemoth that could not be dropped and I feared. He had heart, courage and wisdom, in a good mix, and I compliment him for it. However, many people I just feel no impact what so ever. I don't see the rp side of enemies alot (Alysrith might be the most rp I got from an enemy, and it was only to hiss something at me a few times), so I only see them from the interactions of strife. If I judge too much, or too harshly, well, then I'm an ass and I can apologize for it but I won't likly change simply because I know I am. The OOC potshots...well, remember asking what I hated about Dakizar so much? It is not an IC thing, I really do detest the people that build up to some point, then drop off their time to near zero so they can keep what they have. I play out every character until it is time to die one way or another, and I just can't fathom why it would be another way. Again, just me. As for our interaction...I did so try to help make you look fashionable...although towards the end seemed you became more and more interested in stats of an item then the look. Ring of vitality is not anywear near as fashionable as a ruby ring shaped like a spider. Hell, we could have had you dressed in everything that looked or was from a spider. Now that, is fashion.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 06:12 PM

#7333, "RP, dear. RP!"
In response to Reply #39

As for our interaction...I did so try to help make
>you look fashionable...although towards the end seemed you
>became more and more interested in stats of an item then the
>look. Ring of vitality is not anywear near as fashionable as
>a ruby ring shaped like a spider. Hell, we could have had
>you dressed in everything that looked or was from a spider.
>Now that, is fashion.

This could have been a great source of RP. Zefarah would have loved to talk fashion with Orinah. She really wanted attention from him - which she got - but in a more vain, personal sense. You could have lectured her and she probably would have listened. She loved him that much.

As for the stats observation, I can see how you would feel that way since Orinah never RP'd with her. If he could see her inventory, it included, among other things, a pair of (gasp) spider rings. She still wears them. I could go on forever but the point is that she wanted you to talk to her more. RP allows you to see aspects of a character you wouldn't see otherwise. If it pleases you I've already been thinking of making her more thematic, anyhow.

Regarding Dakizar, I'm glad you brought him up because that's a good example of what Zefarah found worrysome about Orinah. Orinah should have taken it constructively when she compared him to Dakizar. Both characters are comparably CF-savvy, and both have a markedly similar air of silent overconfidence. However, Dakizar is more consistently graceful, and it probably stems from real life patience. If there is a problem, he seems to shrug it off and just deal with it without sacrificing eloquence. In contrast, Orinah would let his impatience surface in an OOC way. Still, Orinah was rather polished when his anger did not get the better of him.

This isn't about who's better than who at CF. Quite frankly, no one cares. Even so, the general consensus is that Orinah kicked ass in his own right. But as with anyone, there are ways to get even better. In Orinah's case, it's really just RP and not losing your patience. If your next character shows RP depth, it will be just sick.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 08:58 PM

#7334, "RE: RP, dear. RP!"
In response to Reply #52

I'll give you a little insight into the person rather then any character. Everyone knows I have no patience...well, I can muster some up if I really want to but I rarely do. And I do have a temper. Raging at a therapist in an anger management group is a good example (throwback to my teens, don't ask how long ago it was). I have good moments, I have bad moments, I have lucid moments I have...blurry moments, although I learned my lesson about playing after going out drinking, I am still (OOCly speaking)only human.

Garlinthas (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 08:56 AM

#7329, "Well..."
In response to Reply #3

I tryed to talk to you more than lets hit the scions but Garlinthas kinda clashed with Orinah's I'm in control =P
Anyway that quicksand thingy with the entire rager cabal was fun I really should have stuck around for shields though... =P
Good luck on your next char, and 91% damn good job.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:15 PM

#7330, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #32

Mmmm...let's hit the scions? Can't say as I ever hit the scions... Although the mention of quicksand...curious, how many allies did I catch in my quicksand? I know it was alot and everytime it happened, hand to forhead, eyes roll, DOH!. Yes, communication is indeed the key.

RacliFri 28-Jun-02 09:59 AM
70 posts
#7327, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

I feel you, just another day in the world of scion. I've interacted with Mordan and Orinah with two different chars myself (Zausarm was the other one). I can say that I've learned a lot from you in what to do during PKs, and I've improved a lot because of it. Anyway, didnt wanna see you go, thought you played a pretty good invoker. Sorry I couldnt get you back your pendants, but you know the routine... loot, quit.

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:13 PM

#7328, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #33

Well, once you lose something, it is no longer really yours. Possession is nine-tenths of the law...except in Thera it's eleven tenths. This was my fourth or fifth invoker (cannot recall for sure), and each time I play one I end up deleting them, they become no fun after awhile. Each time earthshield was my last shield. I detest pebble. Alot. A real lot. Although in the mid-ranks of an invoker, I am always at my calmest in CF. Who can work up any rage after practicing spells for hours?

Dakizar (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:29 PM

#7324, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

I think you need to take a break from the game or work on taking it less seriously OOC. Do you really think your "idols" like Istendil would have let you keep the mask of Anazu, the one item a lich wants more than any others? You knew (or should have known) damn well when you went down to get the mask -- that had previously been Dullamehs before it was sacrificed -- that he was going to want it back, and you would either have the choice of giving it back or getting kicked out of Scion for disobeying a leader. Those are the breaks you accepted when you joined an evil cabal.

I didn't interact with you that much, but from what I did see and what people told me you did seem awfully whiny, and it seems to be an OOC problem as well as an IC one. Your assertions that the fact that playing a greedy evil lich appropriately somehow reflects on Dullameh's player are borderline laughable.

You seem pretty competent, but this isn't a contest, nor is it a race. Try unclenching. It tends to make the game a lot more fun.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:25 PM

#7325, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #36

We "interacted" once. Of all the opinions of anyone, yours I will take to heart the least. I know he would have wanted it back. And if he had asked, bartered, or whatever, I would have indeed given it to him. It is the demand that spoiled that. As I said before as well, it may well be his rp, I believe a piece of everyone shows through regardless, and I just do not like Dullameh. I cannot say I do not like John Q., never met the man. Hell, he might well be my best friend from third grade and we could go out and have a few drinks. Fine. OK. I do not like ->Dullameh. I never said I idolized Istendil or Zorszaul, I used them as examples for his absurd claims was all. Indeed, I aplaud whoever played Istendil, I believe it was a mastefully played character. Power, fear, intriuging twists in character, I was sorry to see him go. But no two players can really be compared by any real means. I can say Tobeldest is a better rager then Nilushka, them both being cloud giant warriors, but by who's standards and what reasons? As for whiny...*shrug* If something came across that way...well, I won't apologize for your interpritations of it. I have nothing to whine about. I play the game I play, to whatever extent I can, for me.

IsildurFri 28-Jun-02 09:12 PM
5969 posts
#7326, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #42

Lich cabal leaders don't ask. They don't barter. They demand. Yes, it sucks. No, there's not much to be done about it.

Cercanopuno (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:14 PM

#7323, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

I liked you the little time we traveled togather. Good luck on your next char man.

-Cerc-

Kalraak (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 04:40 PM

#7321, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

Well sorry to see ya go, it was fun running around slautering with you. Always felt pretty safe when I was in your group. Thanks for taking me into hell, I've been playing CF for a long time but never really had the chance to go that far. You were one of the few mages in Scion that understood the importance of keeping the guards well geared and in your debt. More that I want to say in reply to your post, but it will have to wait till Kalraak is gone.

-Peace
K

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 05:21 PM

#7322, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #49

My enemies call me bastard, loot-monger, what have you. Those on my side had better know different. I don't care which character I've played, I have always helped mine rank, gear, whatever. It is a unified strength, we are only as good as our weakest link...sometimes. Don't die too quickly by the way, I can wait to hear what you have to say.

IsildurFri 28-Jun-02 09:07 PM
5969 posts
#7315, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #3

Dullameh is scarier than Valguarnera was, no offense to Val. By the same coin he's nowhere near as scary as I or Z. Just my $0.02.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 09:42 PM

#7316, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #56

They were examples of different sorts. Valguarnera wasn't particularly scary, no, but she could boast of contributions and efforts. Zorszaul was just plain scary. Istendil scary with depth...it was just a comparison.

Heheh (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 11:03 PM

#7317, "Though I thought Valguarnera was a 'she' at first, he's..."
In response to Reply #58

nt

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 11:23 PM

#7318, "RE:"
In response to Reply #59

Ya, my bad. Has reminded me pointedly of it before with another character. I have a tendency to feminize anyone who's name ends with an "a"

ValguarneraSat 29-Jun-02 02:09 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7319, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #60

Yup. Common error. One that Twist loved to remind me about.

In a concession to my inability to pick names with proper gender clues, I've snuck a couple male pronouns into my helpfile.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Orinah (Guest)Sat 29-Jun-02 02:33 AM

#7320, "RE: *sigh*"
In response to Reply #63

Ok, ya, but who really reads those anyway? *blink*

DullamehThu 27-Jun-02 11:30 PM
11 posts
#7370, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #0

I'll be damned if that wasn't one of the toughest actions that I, as a player, made. As a character, Dullameh wanted his way and got it. As a player, I felt like I just shot myself in the foot.

To make it all the more tragic, you seemed to be having a terrible CF day. Sorry to top it off with that whole fiasco, and I hope you didn't take any of it personally. You were competent, but similar to Daiken, I couldn't tell if your arrogance/greed was IC or OOC.

Good luck on your next.

Orinah (Guest)Thu 27-Jun-02 11:45 PM

#7371, "RE: (DEL) Orinah the Weaver of the Elements"
In response to Reply #2

I am arrogant because of competence. I know I am a damn good player, on the fighting gathering side, I won't say anything about the rp side. As for greed. It wasn't about my want to keep the mask. Hell yes I wanted it, just like anyone who wasn't a duergar, thief or assassin would. It was you. You demanded it from me after I went into Hell to get the damn thing knowing it would kill me and four other people, who believed in me enough to make that sacrafice. Now, I do not know if the demand stemmed from IC or OOC, nor do I really give two shits, every which way you look at it, it was fu*cked-up. As a person and character, I'm not going to be your collared bitch. Remember Hurik? Right before Mordan. Same reasoning I gave you there. I have to admit, it was stupid to drop it right in front of you to sacrafice, but I so wanted to have you see it. I know you would never have the balls to go into Hell and get it yourself. That was my problem with you. You always wanted something, yet what did you ever do to get it? Those comments at the end about how you made scion so great and so on, you know what, no. Everyone has, and whatever you did, it sure the hell isn't recently, so now you're just...a leech. I hope you're going for an imm, or deleting or whatever. Scion will be a hundred times better once you're gone, and that will be you're greatest contribution to it.

DullamehFri 28-Jun-02 12:49 AM
11 posts
#7372, "Last post on the subject"
In response to Reply #4

The entire conversation we had afterward was completely and utterly IC. Whatever insults I slung were not at you, the player of Orinah, but at Orinah, the character. Whatever comments I made were true from Dullameh's (character) point of view, and not necessarily my (real person) own.

Relax.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 01:10 AM

#7373, "RE: Last post on the subject"
In response to Reply #12

IC Dullameh is delusional. Blinded by his own love of himself. And this is me relaxed.

DallevianThu 27-Jun-02 11:22 PM
1620 posts
#7374, "Could you have gone out with any more style?"
In response to Reply #0

Man that was awesome.

Orinah (Guest)Thu 27-Jun-02 11:48 PM

#7375, "RE: Could you have gone out with any more style?"
In response to Reply #1

And just what was so awesome about it? The fact I was booted from a cabal and fed a lich twice? Oh yes, yippee. I did nothing that mattered in the end, and nothing changed because of my end. So, in the end, I died for no point. The end.

Lannie (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 11:46 AM

#7376, "Heh"
In response to Reply #5

>I did nothing that mattered in the end, and nothing changed
>because of my end. So, in the end, I died for no point. The
>end.

Lannie would say that about your character's whole life.

Orinah (Guest)Fri 28-Jun-02 03:28 PM

#7377, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #35

Lannie offered nothing interesting to me, and was merely an annoyance. Although I give you credit that you showed to defend at all, something few people seem to do these days unless entirely backed into a corner. All your speeches...mmm...so many things to say, but I'll just stick with "no comment".

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7313 Previous topic | Next topic