Subject: "The Bull is down" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73066
Show all folders

Dhaath (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 12:50 AM

#73066, "The Bull is down"

There was just too much RL stuff which took me over. College and an impending breakup and trips and festivals and upcoming sem exams, I was left with no time to even log in and delete. I could only manage to log in one hour in 2 weeks and knew it was time to go and let someone else do the job.

Most of the players I liked I let know IC. I rolled Dhaath on a whim, saw a mino slot open, grabbed it an ran with it. Playing an hour past warrior had been a pending project for a couple of years and I am glad I achieved some measure of success with it. It is a pretty good legacy.

I did not have a role written previously but I knew I wanted to go rager, so I decided to make him a slow but cunning Bull who was constantly drooling on everything around him. The villagers were supposed to laugh at his dumbness but be wary of his anger and the players responded fantastically to the rp. I don't think the pking was the fun in this char, it was mostly the rp with the other villagers.

Kastellyn, you rock. I have always admired you as an ideal imm. Thank you for all the loving and all the little things you did to perk up our chars. You would log in and say I am in a good mood and us villagers would high five each other. 100% GORE! what could be a better gift than that! I was also Drakgrak so I know how the dice rolls. Thanks for everything and for the really cool title. That leader weapon thing was not fixed last I tried, I bug boarded it.

Ysaoelrye, I always was the Biddy's Bull but I am sorry I am just not an "immortal" person. I had a vague idea I wanted to follow you, and thought swinging those barrels of ale would be cool but they turned out to be magical so I had to burn that idea. I can come up with all kinds of takes on religion but I am more the kind who sets things up in roles than sit down and talk things through IC with an imm. In all my years of playing I have never had a tatoo I think and I have never heroed an empowered char. I am good with completing tasks. However our first interaction set things up for an idea which resulted in a title later on so no complaints. Criticism is welcome.

To the apps and villagers, I apologise if my absence caused you trouble.

To the villagers who played with me, I have never ever seen a better bunch. It was a true pleasure interacting with all diverse personalities.

To my enemies, I enjoyed every fight, however bitterly contested. I tried not to be a prick. That is all.

I am gone again for a while.

My thanks to the staff for their time and devotion and for a great game.

Thebigc

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: The Bull is down, Tlingit (Guest), 22-Oct-08 03:14 PM, #16
Reply Awesome, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 16-Oct-08 09:12 AM, #14
Reply That fight was awesome, Dhaath (Guest), 18-Oct-08 11:00 PM, #15
Reply RE: The Bull is down, Mharr (Guest), 15-Oct-08 05:02 PM, #12
Reply Man, you were awesome, Dhaath (Guest), 15-Oct-08 10:28 PM, #13
Reply Fun Character, Kastellyn, 14-Oct-08 06:43 PM, #11
Reply I've been wondering when I would see this., Lerzion (Guest), 13-Oct-08 09:46 AM, #10
Reply Heh., djabree (Guest), 13-Oct-08 08:33 AM, #7
Reply Thank you for the kind words, Dhaath (Guest), 13-Oct-08 08:41 AM, #8
Reply RE: The Bull is down, Lezra (Guest), 12-Oct-08 10:41 PM, #6
Reply You rapidly overtook Kharnial, Dhaath (Guest), 13-Oct-08 08:44 AM, #9
Reply RE: The Bull is down, Ruhk (Guest), 12-Oct-08 04:16 PM, #4
Reply WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE ROLLED TWO MONTHS EARLIER!?!?!?!, TheManNamedSam (Guest), 12-Oct-08 01:10 PM, #3
Reply RE: The Bull is down, Volubryotr (Guest), 12-Oct-08 10:18 AM, #1
     Reply Loved you as an enemy, Dhaath (Guest), 12-Oct-08 10:37 AM, #2
          Reply Oh that was an awesome one., Volubryotr (Guest), 12-Oct-08 06:56 PM, #5

Tlingit (Guest)Wed 22-Oct-08 03:14 PM

#73401, "RE: The Bull is down"
In response to Reply #0

Great char, you epitomized some of the things I liked about Gulkra's old style rager approach with an exception, you were down right scary, I always had to approach fights with you with extreme caution. And you followed up with great RP after the fights. you definatly added to cf with this char. If there wasnt already a commander i'm sure you would have made a great one and definatly would have been tablet worthy, as far as i know you might be on it. It's against Tlingit's principles to enter the village for RP reasons, and I've only been in it once. once again Great job!

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Thu 16-Oct-08 09:12 AM

#73208, "Awesome"
In response to Reply #0

You were outstanding foe. Probably the only one during my cf carrier who I wanted to loot fair a bit only because you kicked my ass so easily. So killing you when you were with Ruhktanshi made me proud. Good luck dude.

Dhaath (Guest)Sat 18-Oct-08 11:00 PM

#73325, "That fight was awesome"
In response to Reply #14

I was happy to die because it was sweet necromancer action. I wanted to pull out since I knew we had lost the initiative, and we had retrieved but ahh well.
You are doing a fabulous job. Hang in there and finish it. It was good to roll against you. See you in the fields.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 15-Oct-08 05:02 PM

#73159, "RE: The Bull is down"
In response to Reply #0

Great character. I'm glad I had we were able to run together.

I hope RL treats you well enough. Roll with the punches and come up goring

Dhaath (Guest)Wed 15-Oct-08 10:28 PM

#73168, "Man, you were awesome"
In response to Reply #12

Making that necklace for you was a lot of fun. Kasty gave me a title for it as well. I hope we will run together some time. Good luck

KastellynTue 14-Oct-08 06:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73147, "Fun Character"
In response to Reply #0

You were pretty damn consistent with your hours for a long time there, sorry to see this happen. You were pretty close to a con-death as well. I liked your RP, what can I say? Made me laugh. You're welcome for the stuff I did; I'm short on time as well right now, so I can't do as much of that sort of stuff as I would like. It'll turn around eventually - hopefully for you as well!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Lerzion (Guest)Mon 13-Oct-08 09:46 AM

#73098, "I've been wondering when I would see this."
In response to Reply #0

I've been wondering when this would happen. You and the commander both seem to be non-existant and that isn't good for the village health. I guess Ysal is sorta active again, but the hard part for people in my time zone is that most of the imms for battle don't mesh with it. Anyway, you were a truck and I liked interacting with you. i used to laugh so hard when you would just start slobbering on people in our meetings. Very cool. Anyway, I hope life calms down enough for you to come back with something.

djabree (Guest)Mon 13-Oct-08 08:33 AM

#73095, "Heh."
In response to Reply #0

When I first saw minotaur poetry I thought just had to be like Vogon poetry, an instrument of torture. Very thematic goring though, you were quite brutal... Sorry that ale-mug battering didn't work out for you, I also had a plan for it once.

Dhaath (Guest)Mon 13-Oct-08 08:41 AM

#73096, "Thank you for the kind words"
In response to Reply #7

You are one of the best villagers I have seen in all my hours in the cabal. Insanely deathful is what you were. I consider myself
balls-to-the-walls when it comes to pk but you left me slackjawed I hope we will run together again sometime. Great work.

Lezra (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 10:41 PM

#73090, "RE: The Bull is down"
In response to Reply #0

Tough as nails. I had to be extra careful when fighting you. WEll done.

Dhaath (Guest)Mon 13-Oct-08 08:44 AM

#73097, "You rapidly overtook Kharnial"
In response to Reply #6

As the deadliest shifter I faced. But all our fights were so much fun, I am pretty sure you were also glued to your screen not knowing when a deathblow might land, that I would look for the next opportunity to fight you. Thank you for the splendid time, you made the char that much more interesting. Good work and see you in the fields.

Ruhk (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 04:16 PM

#73081, "RE: The Bull is down"
In response to Reply #0

Awesome is not the word. By far the best player to hang out with. More when I croak (Which shouldn't be long!).

RUhk

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 01:10 PM

#73078, "WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE ROLLED TWO MONTHS EARLIER!?!?!?!"
In response to Reply #0

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH.

Would have been fun to run with you again.

Glad my last death with Velyzaggon was to you and the Commander.

Volubryotr (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 10:18 AM

#73072, "RE: The Bull is down"
In response to Reply #0

I loved all our fights. Had a blast.
Have a good break, and may you come back
swingin'.

Dhaath (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 10:37 AM

#73073, "Loved you as an enemy"
In response to Reply #1

That fight at the crossroads, you just responded awesomely. You stood out amongst the fort paladins for me, cos you actually took the time out to speak rather than make threats about the power of the light Good work with this one, have fun.

Volubryotr (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 06:56 PM

#73084, "Oh that was an awesome one."
In response to Reply #2

Hehe makes me smile remembering it, it gave me the impression of the
'old school' spy guys: Where they had tried to kill each other so many
times they got to chatting while doing it. I think I died that time
but I still had a good feeling through it all.
Too bad there really isn't time in a hero fight to throw in something
more. Maybe 2 healers kicking at each other would have the time??
*snicker*

Thanks for reviving that experience, it reminds me why I keep
coming back to it all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73066 Previous topic | Next topic