Subject: "Becoming a parent, less activity for a while." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72520
Show all folders

Zefta (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-08 06:58 PM

#72520, "Becoming a parent, less activity for a while."

Well, on thursday I'll become a parent. It's a planed c-section (or whatever it's called in english?) so for while my activity will be VERY scarse. Hopefully there will be moment when our child sleeps and I'm not overly exhausted and sleeping myself so that I can find time to logon. (I really love playing Zefta atm so I'll try to find time for it.)

And for that imm or whomever it was that spoke to me today, sorry that I had to quit out... Minor emergency... And to everyone else who has experienced these sudden drop outs I'm sorry, it's a bit "hectic" to say the last right now in RL.

Keep it up guys! LOVE THIS GAME!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept., Zefta (Guest), 30-Sep-08 10:09 AM, #14
Reply Congradulations!, Khrathtyn (Guest), 30-Sep-08 10:12 AM, #15
Reply Good job, Coach!, Lyristeon, 30-Sep-08 10:19 AM, #16
Reply I think I'll have that potential as well..., Zefta (Guest), 30-Sep-08 11:15 AM, #17
Reply Congratulations!, Quix (Guest), 30-Sep-08 01:45 PM, #18
Reply Congratulations., Pro (Guest), 30-Sep-08 06:19 PM, #19
Reply RE: I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept., Tlingit (Guest), 02-Oct-08 10:03 AM, #20
     Reply Yeah, already noticed that..., Zefta (Guest), 02-Oct-08 08:11 PM, #22
Reply Babies take lots of naps at first..., Stunna1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 09:02 AM, #4
Reply warning: do not hold your baby when you mud., Quixotic1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 11:09 AM, #6
     Reply I had a bad one this week, actually..., Stunna1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 11:53 AM, #7
          Reply Gotta ask, are you a chick or a guy? For some reason, I..., Kharnial (Guest), 25-Sep-08 12:46 PM, #8
               Reply Wtf? Got cut off. Anyways, I sometimes think that you'r..., Kharnial (Guest), 25-Sep-08 01:02 PM, #9
                    Reply Hah!, Stunna1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 01:18 PM, #10
                         Reply Just curious, Kharnial (Guest), 25-Sep-08 01:44 PM, #11
                              Reply I'm man enough to admit that..., Stunna1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 01:46 PM, #12
                                   Reply That song kicks ass, MervThePerv (Guest), 25-Sep-08 02:46 PM, #13
Reply Congratulations., Lyristeon, 25-Sep-08 12:10 AM, #3
Reply And I will totally second this :), Stunna1 (Guest), 25-Sep-08 09:09 AM, #5
     Reply RE: And I will totally second this :), Tlingit (Guest), 02-Oct-08 10:16 AM, #21
Reply RE: Becoming a parent, less activity for a while., Tubnic (Guest), 24-Sep-08 03:06 PM, #2
Reply Congrats, Rodriguez, 24-Sep-08 02:38 PM, #1

Zefta (Guest)Tue 30-Sep-08 10:09 AM

#72746, "I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept."
In response to Reply #0

Everything went perfect and a beautiful baby son was born!

Khrathtyn (Guest)Tue 30-Sep-08 10:12 AM

#72747, "Congradulations!"
In response to Reply #14

I always remember Linus from the Peanut gang. Hehe.

LyristeonTue 30-Sep-08 10:19 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72748, "Good job, Coach!"
In response to Reply #14

4 years after my son was born, baseball and soccer took over my life. He's 10 now and every kid in sports know me as Coach. It's great.

Zefta (Guest)Tue 30-Sep-08 11:15 AM

#72750, "I think I'll have that potential as well..."
In response to Reply #16

Everyone knows me, my brother and father from the hockey/soccer in our little town. So most likley I'll end up as a coach, just as my father did. Hah!

Quix (Guest)Tue 30-Sep-08 01:45 PM

#72758, "Congratulations!"
In response to Reply #14

Your life will truly be transformed, and the best memories are about to be made. Enjoy and relish them.

Pro (Guest)Tue 30-Sep-08 06:19 PM

#72765, "Congratulations."
In response to Reply #14

Children are joy.

Tlingit (Guest)Thu 02-Oct-08 10:03 AM

#72788, "RE: I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept."
In response to Reply #14

Welcome to the world of sleepless nights and a baby kicking your mouse arm while you try to PK!

Mine was born on 02APR he he.

Just started crawling yesterday, holds his own bottle now, and is starting to dabble into the messy realm of the sippy cup. Cute little guy. He likes to sleep on my lap while I'm playing amounting to a jacked up emote or slow typing by me some times to correct typos when he wakes up and kicks my arm while he goo's and ga's. He sleeps through the night almost all the time now so I finally get some sleep. Just wait until the first time you tickle him and he actually laughs. I was thankful the first time I woke up at 2am to feed him and he held the bottle himself, I was like "This is wonderfull!" You're in for a lot of good times, and more frustration than you know what to do with. Next time you're out at the mall, pick up a copy of the baby blues comic book, the right time is about 3 months old that' when you'll start to understand more of the humor in it, you'll just sit there laughing as you read it, going "oh how true it is."
Good luck and enjoy every moment with him you can. You'll see some of your in game standards drop too without realizing it, I made it a point early in Tlingit's life never to log out without the Scales, now if the baby starts screaming, so much for that standard, instant log out. It's funny how much changes.

Tlingit

Zefta (Guest)Thu 02-Oct-08 08:11 PM

#72798, "Yeah, already noticed that..."
In response to Reply #20

Sleepless nights for sure, and my gamestandard has taken a real dive! Hahaha, but of course it's all worth it! It's really kickass!

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 09:02 AM

#72602, "Babies take lots of naps at first..."
In response to Reply #0

You just have to jump off when they wake up. Sometimes you die... but it's what I did.

Quixotic1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 11:09 AM

#72605, "warning: do not hold your baby when you mud."
In response to Reply #4

I resumed mudding after a lengthy hiatus when my first was born 10 years ago. I was holding the little monster as he was napping, blissfully enjoying the quiet with a mudding session on a world of time mud, and then the phone rang.

I got up quickly, trying to get the phone before he woke, took a step and realized with shock that my leg was asleep. If I hadn't tucked when I went crashing to the floor he would have been squished like a slowed gnome under Igbah.

The moral of the story? Let your baby mud on his own damned computer.

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 11:53 AM

#72606, "I had a bad one this week, actually..."
In response to Reply #6

I was carrying my son down the stairs, and about 4 from the bottom (near the baby gate) I took a funny, pre-coffee a.m, step and went flying. I somehow managed to turn around mid air and land on my feet then ass while holding him against my body. He was none the wiser...

Heh, and then last weekend we took him to the petting farm. We were walking down to the ducks, which was his first downhill experience - he totally did a full on summersault (sp) and then looked around like he had no clue what was going on. He was fine.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 12:46 PM

#72607, "Gotta ask, are you a chick or a guy? For some reason, I..."
In response to Reply #7

n/t

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 01:02 PM

#72608, "Wtf? Got cut off. Anyways, I sometimes think that you'r..."
In response to Reply #8

n/t

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 01:18 PM

#72609, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #9

I'm a guy.

When I do the meyers briggs or other personality tests I'm always empathy driven, which is more common in women. It makes me a sensitive male, ah reckon.

Also, if being vocal about how much you love your kids and how much they make you laugh is a bad thing - too bad.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 01:44 PM

#72610, "Just curious"
In response to Reply #10

I'm man enough to admit that I liked the movie Serendipity (even though the reason is because John Cusack is a cool actor and Kate Beckinsale is smooooooking hot). And that my favorite animated movie is Anastasia and Mulan.

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 01:46 PM

#72611, "I'm man enough to admit that..."
In response to Reply #11

I like that song "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked iiiIIIt."

Of course... I don't totally get it, because I've never kissed a girl and not liked it.

MervThePerv (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 02:46 PM

#72613, "That song kicks ass"
In response to Reply #12

And I'd TOTALLY #### the #### out of that bitch's titties

LyristeonThu 25-Sep-08 12:10 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72599, "Congratulations."
In response to Reply #0

Being a parent is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Enjoy it.

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 09:09 AM

#72603, "And I will totally second this :)"
In response to Reply #3

My son is 15 months now... and it just keeps getting better and better. At first your just in awe... but the first time they obviously recognize you... wow... it's great! Next thing you know they are going crazy with joy because you came home from work. It is truly the greatest thing.

Tlingit (Guest)Thu 02-Oct-08 10:16 AM

#72789, "RE: And I will totally second this :)"
In response to Reply #5

First time you come home and they are just smiling and kicking thier legs and flailing all about and cooing to see you is the greatest feeling out there.

Tubnic (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-08 06:58 PM

#72583, "RE: Becoming a parent, less activity for a while."
In response to Reply #0

While your wife is writhing in agony you can probably PK her and score some major loot. Sure it may just be a baby, but I'm sure you can find someone to sell it to. Or donate it to the Empire.

RodriguezWed 24-Sep-08 02:38 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#72582, "Congrats"
In response to Reply #0

and good luck with that "finding sleep" thing...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72520 Previous topic | Next topic