Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectBecoming a parent, less activity for a while.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72520
72520, Becoming a parent, less activity for a while.
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, on thursday I'll become a parent. It's a planed c-section (or whatever it's called in english?) so for while my activity will be VERY scarse. Hopefully there will be moment when our child sleeps and I'm not overly exhausted and sleeping myself so that I can find time to logon. (I really love playing Zefta atm so I'll try to find time for it.)

And for that imm or whomever it was that spoke to me today, sorry that I had to quit out... Minor emergency... And to everyone else who has experienced these sudden drop outs I'm sorry, it's a bit "hectic" to say the last right now in RL.

Keep it up guys! LOVE THIS GAME!
72746, I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept.
Everything went perfect and a beautiful baby son was born! :D
72747, Congradulations!
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always remember Linus from the Peanut gang. Hehe.
72748, Good job, Coach!
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
4 years after my son was born, baseball and soccer took over my life. He's 10 now and every kid in sports know me as Coach. It's great.
72750, I think I'll have that potential as well...
Everyone knows me, my brother and father from the hockey/soccer in our little town. So most likley I'll end up as a coach, just as my father did. Hah!
72758, Congratulations!
Posted by Quix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your life will truly be transformed, and the best memories are about to be made. Enjoy and relish them.
72765, Congratulations.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Children are joy.
72788, RE: I got a son, named Linus thursday the 25th sept.
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Welcome to the world of sleepless nights and a baby kicking your mouse arm while you try to PK!

Mine was born on 02APR he he.

Just started crawling yesterday, holds his own bottle now, and is starting to dabble into the messy realm of the sippy cup. Cute little guy. He likes to sleep on my lap while I'm playing amounting to a jacked up emote or slow typing by me some times to correct typos when he wakes up and kicks my arm while he goo's and ga's. He sleeps through the night almost all the time now so I finally get some sleep. Just wait until the first time you tickle him and he actually laughs. I was thankful the first time I woke up at 2am to feed him and he held the bottle himself, I was like "This is wonderfull!" You're in for a lot of good times, and more frustration than you know what to do with. Next time you're out at the mall, pick up a copy of the baby blues comic book, the right time is about 3 months old that' when you'll start to understand more of the humor in it, you'll just sit there laughing as you read it, going "oh how true it is."
Good luck and enjoy every moment with him you can. You'll see some of your in game standards drop too without realizing it, I made it a point early in Tlingit's life never to log out without the Scales, now if the baby starts screaming, so much for that standard, instant log out. It's funny how much changes.

Tlingit
72798, Yeah, already noticed that...
Sleepless nights for sure, and my gamestandard has taken a real dive! Hahaha, but of course it's all worth it! It's really kickass!
72602, Babies take lots of naps at first...
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You just have to jump off when they wake up. Sometimes you die... but it's what I did. :)
72605, warning: do not hold your baby when you mud.
Posted by Quixotic1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I resumed mudding after a lengthy hiatus when my first was born 10 years ago. I was holding the little monster as he was napping, blissfully enjoying the quiet with a mudding session on a world of time mud, and then the phone rang.

I got up quickly, trying to get the phone before he woke, took a step and realized with shock that my leg was asleep. If I hadn't tucked when I went crashing to the floor he would have been squished like a slowed gnome under Igbah.

The moral of the story? Let your baby mud on his own damned computer.
72606, I had a bad one this week, actually...
I was carrying my son down the stairs, and about 4 from the bottom (near the baby gate) I took a funny, pre-coffee a.m, step and went flying. I somehow managed to turn around mid air and land on my feet then ass while holding him against my body. He was none the wiser...

Heh, and then last weekend we took him to the petting farm. We were walking down to the ducks, which was his first downhill experience - he totally did a full on summersault (sp) and then looked around like he had no clue what was going on. He was fine.

72607, Gotta ask, are you a chick or a guy? For some reason, I...
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
72608, Wtf? Got cut off. Anyways, I sometimes think that you're a chick n/t
n/t
72609, Hah!
I'm a guy.

When I do the meyers briggs or other personality tests I'm always empathy driven, which is more common in women. It makes me a sensitive male, ah reckon. :)

Also, if being vocal about how much you love your kids and how much they make you laugh is a bad thing - too bad.

72610, Just curious
I'm man enough to admit that I liked the movie Serendipity (even though the reason is because John Cusack is a cool actor and Kate Beckinsale is smooooooking hot). And that my favorite animated movie is Anastasia and Mulan.
72611, I'm man enough to admit that...
I like that song "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked iiiIIIt."

Of course... I don't totally get it, because I've never kissed a girl and not liked it.
72613, That song kicks ass
Posted by MervThePerv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'd TOTALLY #### the #### out of that bitch's titties
72599, Congratulations.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being a parent is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Enjoy it.
72603, And I will totally second this :)
My son is 15 months now... and it just keeps getting better and better. At first your just in awe... but the first time they obviously recognize you... wow... it's great! Next thing you know they are going crazy with joy because you came home from work. It is truly the greatest thing.
72789, RE: And I will totally second this :)
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First time you come home and they are just smiling and kicking thier legs and flailing all about and cooing to see you is the greatest feeling out there.
72583, RE: Becoming a parent, less activity for a while.
Posted by Tubnic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While your wife is writhing in agony you can probably PK her and score some major loot. Sure it may just be a baby, but I'm sure you can find someone to sell it to. Or donate it to the Empire.
72582, Congrats
Posted by Rodriguez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and good luck with that "finding sleep" thing... ;)