Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Spir..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68778
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-May-08 09:56 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68778, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Spirit of the Law, Provost Magistrate"

Mon May 12 21:55:55 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Inglor perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:810

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Damn you, you old, weak elf!, Fendril (Guest), 18-May-08 12:06 PM, #19
Reply One of my favorites, Hrefnwik (Guest), 15-May-08 03:58 PM, #17
Reply I enjoyed our interactions, Sletren (Guest), 13-May-08 05:07 PM, #15
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..., Ducktrainer. (Guest), 12-May-08 11:35 PM, #1
     Reply [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Provost, Koolchi (Guest), 13-May-08 12:09 AM, #2
     Reply RE: [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Provost, Lyristeon, 13-May-08 01:42 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..., Outlandor (Guest), 13-May-08 12:10 AM, #3
     Reply Hrmph., Grecken (Guest), 13-May-08 12:49 AM, #4
     Reply Holy wow., Vreksoek (Guest), 13-May-08 01:08 AM, #5
     Reply Wow, really really great job with this one. n/t, Lhydia, 13-May-08 06:22 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..., slaid (Guest), 13-May-08 07:51 AM, #7
     Reply Man., Hagart. (Guest), 13-May-08 09:16 AM, #8
     Reply Nice work..., Twist, 13-May-08 10:31 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..., marcatis, 13-May-08 01:48 PM, #11
     Reply I hoped you weren't as close as you were saying., Takezenallan (Guest), 13-May-08 03:51 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..., Patick, 13-May-08 04:47 PM, #13
     Reply Very well done, Khrathtyn (Guest), 13-May-08 04:48 PM, #14
     Reply Well done, Bhaer. (Guest), 13-May-08 05:17 PM, #16
     Reply I didn't actually guess, but I'm not surprised to see t..., DurNominator, 18-May-08 01:27 AM, #18

Fendril (Guest)Sun 18-May-08 12:06 PM

#68962, "Damn you, you old, weak elf!"
In response to Reply #0

I was really hoping you were going to be around for a while since I knew I had these two trips planned back to back! It just figures you go out on the second day of the first trip! I wonder if you will be surprised to hear that this was the second svirf Tribunal I have had that has followed you about? The first had a crush on your drow healer, Ylyssa. Looking back, I can see a few things in common between the two, so I guess it is not surprising. I really enjoyed our talks and listening to your views on how a leader how act. Your views on the Gods and how mortals should treat them made me chuckle everytime we talked about it, because you would say it, but then would just want to run to Lord Marcatis' shrine the second you saw him awake. Well done and I'm going to miss not having you about. I look forward to your next.

-Nancy (aka Fendril)

Hrefnwik (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 03:58 PM

#68899, "One of my favorites"
In response to Reply #0

You struck Hrefnwik as someone very knowledgeable, and I wanted to be on your good side for all those secrets.

You were fun to talk to, to try to prod, and just the way you carried this character made me feel like I really was an inferior, lowly non-good thief. Much respect.

Sletren (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 05:07 PM

#68809, "I enjoyed our interactions"
In response to Reply #0

I probably came in toward the end of Inglor's life but I really enjoyed all the interactions/fights. I think they were mostly fights, had much respect for you, and even more now that I see you stuck it out for 800 freaking hours!

Well done.

I still remember one where I was afk, and you and macha came, you summoned me to the nightwalker and macha held me. I came back and I was still held but I wimpied behind the nightwalker.. whew.

Ducktrainer. (Guest)Mon 12-May-08 11:35 PM

#68782, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, what to say about, Inglor? I made him after deleting
Danrae, being appalled with the ganging the poor tribbies were
receieving. When he joined the Spire there was twelve members
to thirty outlanders, with poor old Rywald...(Yes, you guessed
about Telion, Ry} being the only hero. I made Inglor to be
the person who would always keep coming, someone to actually
stand up and start opposing the refuge camo sitting horde.
Inglors early days were horrific! Constantly being ganged down
retrieving...and then he hit the hero ranks and things got really
ugly. Throkk and Werz would take turns slaughtering me, ugg.
Still, Inglors job was to keep coming, so he did. I've never
been, and doubt I ever will a pk monster, but I think with this
ducky, I atleast held my own. I seriously did not think he would
live to reach 51st, much less an age death.
I honestly don't know why I keep making Tribbies...something about
the outlander ethos really anoys me, so blown if I know why I keep
exposing myself to it...things like taking 2 pieces of eq (sorry
Throkk) in 800 hours, and in return being full looted more times
then I can remember just anoys me...Petty yeah?
That said...I do love the Spire. I will always be a lot more rp
centered the pk, and the Spire is seriously the best rp cabal these
days. Nothing else gives more rp, and more chance to interact with
and help people, especially the new comers. Still, think its time
I returned to my froofy roots...playing these noble paladins is
hard work, though I do love their combination of survivability and
ability to help people with healing, sanctifying and such.
Hmm...what else? Had a good few leader chars now, but I think
Inglor is the one I'm most proud of...It just goes to show you
can make a difference in the larger scale of things without being
a pk brute, which I think is a very good comment for the mud
overall =)

Well, more thoughts and a whole lot of goodbyes to come =)
Keep having fun, folks =)

Ducktrainer

Danrae, Xilla, Telion, Kiamae, Ylyssia. Limnoreia...and gawds knows how
many froofy acolytes and lame easy killed squires who never reach maran =)

Koolchi (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 12:09 AM

#68785, "[TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Provost"
In response to Reply #1

After I saw you as provost and I had a talk with Niheriva about Paladins being Paladins, I thought to try something different. I am not as brave as you were. I learnt so much from this character. I will miss this char.

Also, few times I saw Marcatis logged on Late at night but not you. Couple of times, we really needed your help and so I mentioned on "CB: Provos, wake up; ma need yar halp." and Believe it or not like 20mins later, you get on and Marcatis disappear. After the second time, it was too much of a coincidence. I wanted to say something, but kept my mouth shut.

Anyways, do return to the Tribunal. It was one of the best times I had. Do mention what you thought of me. GLWYN

LyristeonTue 13-May-08 01:42 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68803, "RE: [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the Provost"
In response to Reply #2

>Also, few times I saw Marcatis logged on Late at night but not
>you. Couple of times, we really needed your help and so I
>mentioned on "CB: Provos, wake up; ma need yar halp." and
>Believe it or not like 20mins later, you get on and Marcatis
>disappear. After the second time, it was too much of a
>coincidence. I wanted to say something, but kept my mouth
>shut.

Umm, you are wrong in your presumptions.

Outlandor (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 12:10 AM

#68786, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..."
In response to Reply #1

I fought you with two different characters, which was a real treat. "cb Hmm, he's standing still, probably have to wait him out." And those guards! I had a sack of Inglor's guard I made soon after I got wilderness familiarity last time. It was a high point. I showed it off to people.

That being said you were...well, I never got a chance to really talk to you, but, really, anyone who age dies a leader gets props from me. A reliable enemy is something to be treasured, and I'm sure you gave lots of other Outlanders a good time too

See you in the fields

Grecken (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 12:49 AM

#68788, "Hrmph."
In response to Reply #1

How did you manage to clock in 200 more hours than me? I thought "I" play too much. Yeesh. I hope it doesn't take me 200 more hours to age die... if not I'm goin' for con death. Anyhow... Inglor was my brother in Faith. We never got to tag team Satebos, but it was still fun. You saved Rywand (I think, porcupine) that time in Hamsah with that timely hiltsmash thing. Then you were the FIRST person to ever attack me at the obliviax moss since Istendil did it to my sylvan bard and still managed to rape me. Anyhow, see ya around.

Vreksoek (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 01:08 AM

#68789, "Holy wow."
In response to Reply #1

810 hours. That's old. You played a great Tribunal. So much respect.

You should be proud of Inglor he was pretty good stuff. We had some tangles and you kept me on my toes in the late of the night when not much else was going on.

I'm torn in being stoked that you're gone and bummed that you won't be around any more. Hope that means something. Inglor will be tough to replace, I am sure.

LhydiaTue 13-May-08 06:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68791, "Wow, really really great job with this one. n/t"
In response to Reply #1

gr

slaid (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 07:51 AM

#68794, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..."
In response to Reply #1

sorry for making you put up with me twice,and yes i had a hell of a time not calling you teleon.

Hagart. (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 09:16 AM

#68798, "Man."
In response to Reply #1

Way to stick it out. I knew you had a rough time in the beginning, too. I'm amazed you played as consistently as you did, all the while bringing your A game to the mud. Nicely played, great leader, great output, mucho fun. Thanks for inducting me and interacting with a midbie dwarf, I enjoyed it.

Cheers.

TwistTue 13-May-08 10:31 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#68800, "Nice work..."
In response to Reply #1

You were the closest I ever came to killing a good-align-pc as Feilinal. Not on purpose, either! But you would keep coming and coming for the Scales (nice work) and eventually despite my efforts to just pull you away and eyejab you so you couldn't continue attacking the Huntress, I'd build up STSF counters and start to whoop on you.

Then one time, it seemed like it went totally the other way. I fled from you with like 50 hp left.

We had some good battles. And I decided to see the other side with Gidibibble but I just couldn't handle the char being so boring.

Good luck with the next!

marcatisTue 13-May-08 01:48 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
38 posts
#68804, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..."
In response to Reply #1

Congratulations on an extremely successful character,

Inglor was a quality provst and will certainly be missed. I noticed your hours picked up recently--and became almost perturbed, knowing how much sooner you'd die. A nice long lasting leader, and one you seemed to enjoy, always great to see. And certainly so few age die that when you see it, very remarkable--especially long lived elf-folk!

Beyond that, I'd also say you were a strong follower. Obviously you became more involved in the cabal leadership, which reduced our opportunities to speak, but in the times proceeding that, I hope you enjoyed our talks as much as I.

Best of luck with your next endeavor,

-Marcatis

Takezenallan (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 03:51 PM

#68805, "I hoped you weren't as close as you were saying."
In response to Reply #1

For like 3 weeks, you've been saying you were about to die.

I had hoped that it didn't mean you were getting tired of the char.

So, do you owe me 50 copper or do I need to give Marcatis the 50 copper to get to you in the afterlife?

Oh, and about that time a few days ago when you tried to give me all your nice stuff? cruel man! hehehe. Ooc I was dancing, until I realized that Ic I couldn't take any of it. I am glad you got a few more days than you were expecting at least.

I can't really describe here how and why, but Inglor looms as a large influence on the early role development of Takez, and he always looked up to you, even if you and your paladinly ways kept telling Takez not to be so rude to the lesser races.

There are alot more comments I'd love to say, but I just can't because of still active characters, so I'll leave it with this.

Good job. Had fun with you. Hope you have fun with your next.

PatickTue 13-May-08 04:47 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68807, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Inglor Ars'ion Arelenar the ..."
In response to Reply #1

Hey I don't know if you remember my char who served under you, however I was Draven and I Thought you really hated me for a while, then I just figured it was a bit of your role to be distant.

I did enjoy the Interactions we shared, what few was there, and my constantly comming back to you to see If I could get inducted.

I think you did a good job watching over the spire and good luck with your next tribby.

Alpha-Q

Khrathtyn (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 04:48 PM

#68808, "Very well done"
In response to Reply #1

You hung in well when things got bad. I liked seeing you online and provoking you. It was all good fun.

Bhaer. (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 05:17 PM

#68810, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

A great character to have around. Your demeanor is great for overall morale for those around you. Congrats on age-dying. That's proof to how much you stuck it out.

DurNominatorSun 18-May-08 01:27 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68952, "I didn't actually guess, but I'm not surprised to see t..."
In response to Reply #1

Inglor was very Ducktrainerly in retrospect, he had very similar vibe about him as Kiamae had.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68778 Previous topic | Next topic