Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the A..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68331
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 29-Apr-08 02:08 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68331, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars"

Tue Apr 29 02:06:31 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nusson perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:233

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Damn man, you looted all that stuff right before your c..., Dwalin (Guest), 04-May-08 10:41 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..., Nusson (Guest), 29-Apr-08 02:22 AM, #1
     Reply Good fights. Wish we could have had more., Khrathtyn (Guest), 29-Apr-08 03:44 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Good fights. Wish we could have had more., Nusson (Guest), 29-Apr-08 02:47 PM, #5
     Reply Aww shucks..txt, Jhoqu (Guest), 29-Apr-08 12:22 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Aww shucks..txt, Nusson (Guest), 29-Apr-08 03:02 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Aww shucks..txt, Lyristeon, 29-Apr-08 03:41 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..., Mizfara (Guest), 29-Apr-08 01:51 PM, #4
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..., Nusson (Guest), 29-Apr-08 03:15 PM, #7
               Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..., Mizfara (Guest), 29-Apr-08 04:23 PM, #9

Dwalin (Guest)Sun 04-May-08 10:41 AM

#68558, "Damn man, you looted all that stuff right before your c..."
In response to Reply #0

Kinda pissed me off that i have to gather that all again. It is just so booooring. Heh, and i was hoping to have a flurry or two in your face, as we never had chance to fight that i would be actually prepared. And if you would not caught me at the lake, where i had to use my only orb of travel while i had few transportation potions in my backpack, then i would likely avoided my last and the most stupid death. Hehe. Had fun times fighting you though. Just roll something new and we will fight again!

Nusson (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 02:22 AM

#68332, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Extra special thanks to the Imp and the Jaguar for making this guy sorta fun.

Savages just aren't for me, sadly. About 6 minutes, 42 seconds after I got the Redeemed title I pretty much lost interest in the role-play too, but I tried to keep it up as I, hmm, experimented with what was possible with various enemy classes. I learned a lot of great stuff, believe it or not, but for now it's sekret ;DGC

Actually I think I would have just quietly deleted somewhere in the 40's if I hadn't got kicked out of Outlander the first time. It gave my character a purpose and a few laughs. To get all my powers back I made a bargain with the Imp that I'd bring him the skin of a paladin. Ended up being kill-on-sight to the whole Fort...but thems the breaks. Also, the scion guy, I forget your name, but the one who was dropping 700 hp ice needles...FRAK YOU ::sigh::

Well see you all in the fields, sooner or later.

Khrathtyn (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 03:44 AM

#68333, "Good fights. Wish we could have had more."
In response to Reply #1

You seemed to do a lot more damage then Riv or Vreksoek. Without mithril as well. Curious how.

Nusson (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 02:47 PM

#68348, "RE: Good fights. Wish we could have had more."
In response to Reply #2

That's an excellent question. Some part of savage damage is independent of gear. How much I never really figured out. Suffice to say I spent most of my life with between two and eight pieces of non-metal gear and my damage with ranger weapons never changed much.

The couple times I can think of where I really stuck it to ya I was on home terrain too, which probably made a difference as well.

Oh well, thanks

Jhoqu (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 12:22 PM

#68342, "Aww shucks..txt"
In response to Reply #1

Hate to see this as you brought fun to the cabal as you stirred things up. Man you could burn through some con, which I guess is a testament on how much you fought. I would hear you say something like "Oh my" and check the pk to see you gone, then before I knew it I would hear you give a "That was unexpected" and knew you were toast again. Thanks for the efforts within the cabal and the great roleplay throughout. I felt sure I was going to have to fight you early own so you could establish your position but then you got the boot for something. I knew you were going to get back in right away as you never really stopped being an Outlander. Thanks for the interactions and I wish you well with your next.

Nusson (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 03:02 PM

#68350, "RE: Aww shucks..txt"
In response to Reply #3

It would have been better if I hadn't picked the one sphere (combat) that probably frowns the most on getting one's ass kicked. After I realized I was not getting much better at my fights I just decided to have fun with it, and by golly it worked. That night when we were getting curb-stomped by the Scions so bad Lyristeon showed up to chide us, I managed to walk dead into a deathtrap probably three minutes after Baltizar deleted. I had a hard time taking death too seriously after that.

I figured, ooc'ly, that you totally deserved to be Harbinger, but I saw a cool chance to stir some crap and took it. Having seen you fight since then I'm pretty sure I had no chance in hell, but guess we'll never know

Keep on truckin', good luck, etc. etc. And thanks.

LyristeonTue 29-Apr-08 03:41 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68352, "RE: Aww shucks..txt"
In response to Reply #6

The Harbinger spot was for Jhoqu to turn down for awhile. Sorry, but, unless she said no, you had no chance in hell. Don't take that wrong. You weren't bad or anything. But, to your own words, Jhoqu had it locked up.

Overall, I thought you did a good job as an Outlander and earned your way back in. Wood-elf savage was an interesting choice and I could see it work in some instances. But, you really need to be a prep junkie.

As for dying as much as you did, there were quite a few times I just had to laugh and shake my head. I just pictured a guy sitting at the computer screen saying to himself, "What the hell just happened?"

Good luck with your next.

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 01:51 PM

#68346, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..."
In response to Reply #1

If you can believe it, I wasn't actually trying to attack you in Arendyl. I just wanted to mark you, so that it would be safe for me to walk back and forth to the Fortress.

When we talked, afterwards, I really wish you'd been forthcoming with your reasons for going on the offensive. I was attempting to get both sides of the story before issuing any sort of edict about how you should be treated in the future. Unfortunately, all I had to go on was my guys' view of things, which was that you were a treacherous murderer and/or bat#### crazy. Somehow that didn't compute, so I was trying to get your side of things.

Nusson (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 03:15 PM

#68351, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..."
In response to Reply #4

What a clusterfrak that was. I almost believed you, but after getting beat up by two, then three, then four Fortress people over the course of the evening I wasn't taking any chances. Anyway, no hard feelings.

I did, er Nusson did mean what he said about not being a snitch though. The guys I were fighting had already ratted me out to Jhoqu and I wasn't going to return the favor. The reason was basically someone asked me to leave Redhorn when I was waiting for evil guys. When I said no (the whole "earth is our mother" line of reasoning) stuff started to go bad, and fast. I can't say more for fear of unintended assassination, but all things considered I probably did deserve a beat-down.

Well, you caught me at a bad time for chatting, but you seem like a decent sort all the same. Good luck.

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 04:23 PM

#68353, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of t..."
In response to Reply #7

Yeah. If I were you, I'd have attacked me too. I was very surprised at how well you lagged me, btw. Nasty.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68331 Previous topic | Next topic