Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=68331
68331, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Apr 29 02:06:31 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nusson perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:233
68558, Damn man, you looted all that stuff right before your con-death
Posted by Dwalin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kinda pissed me off that i have to gather that all again. It is just so booooring. Heh, and i was hoping to have a flurry or two in your face, as we never had chance to fight that i would be actually prepared. And if you would not caught me at the lake, where i had to use my only orb of travel while i had few transportation potions in my backpack, then i would likely avoided my last and the most stupid death. Hehe. Had fun times fighting you though. Just roll something new and we will fight again!
68332, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
Posted by Nusson on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Extra special thanks to the Imp and the Jaguar for making this guy sorta fun.

Savages just aren't for me, sadly. About 6 minutes, 42 seconds after I got the Redeemed title I pretty much lost interest in the role-play too, but I tried to keep it up as I, hmm, experimented with what was possible with various enemy classes. I learned a lot of great stuff, believe it or not, but for now it's sekret ;DGC

Actually I think I would have just quietly deleted somewhere in the 40's if I hadn't got kicked out of Outlander the first time. It gave my character a purpose and a few laughs. To get all my powers back I made a bargain with the Imp that I'd bring him the skin of a paladin. Ended up being kill-on-sight to the whole Fort...but thems the breaks. Also, the scion guy, I forget your name, but the one who was dropping 700 hp ice needles...FRAK YOU ::sigh::

Well see you all in the fields, sooner or later.
68333, Good fights. Wish we could have had more.
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed to do a lot more damage then Riv or Vreksoek. Without mithril as well. Curious how.
68348, RE: Good fights. Wish we could have had more.
That's an excellent question. Some part of savage damage is independent of gear. How much I never really figured out. Suffice to say I spent most of my life with between two and eight pieces of non-metal gear and my damage with ranger weapons never changed much.

The couple times I can think of where I really stuck it to ya I was on home terrain too, which probably made a difference as well.

Oh well, thanks :)
68342, Aww shucks..txt
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate to see this as you brought fun to the cabal as you stirred things up. Man you could burn through some con, which I guess is a testament on how much you fought. I would hear you say something like "Oh my" and check the pk to see you gone, then before I knew it I would hear you give a "That was unexpected" and knew you were toast again. Thanks for the efforts within the cabal and the great roleplay throughout. I felt sure I was going to have to fight you early own so you could establish your position but then you got the boot for something. I knew you were going to get back in right away as you never really stopped being an Outlander. Thanks for the interactions and I wish you well with your next.
68350, RE: Aww shucks..txt
It would have been better if I hadn't picked the one sphere (combat) that probably frowns the most on getting one's ass kicked. After I realized I was not getting much better at my fights I just decided to have fun with it, and by golly it worked. That night when we were getting curb-stomped by the Scions so bad Lyristeon showed up to chide us, I managed to walk dead into a deathtrap probably three minutes after Baltizar deleted. I had a hard time taking death too seriously after that.

I figured, ooc'ly, that you totally deserved to be Harbinger, but I saw a cool chance to stir some crap and took it. Having seen you fight since then I'm pretty sure I had no chance in hell, but guess we'll never know :(

Keep on truckin', good luck, etc. etc. And thanks.
68352, RE: Aww shucks..txt
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Harbinger spot was for Jhoqu to turn down for awhile. Sorry, but, unless she said no, you had no chance in hell. :P Don't take that wrong. You weren't bad or anything. But, to your own words, Jhoqu had it locked up.

Overall, I thought you did a good job as an Outlander and earned your way back in. Wood-elf savage was an interesting choice and I could see it work in some instances. But, you really need to be a prep junkie.

As for dying as much as you did, there were quite a few times I just had to laugh and shake my head. I just pictured a guy sitting at the computer screen saying to himself, "What the hell just happened?"

Good luck with your next.

68346, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you can believe it, I wasn't actually trying to attack you in Arendyl. I just wanted to mark you, so that it would be safe for me to walk back and forth to the Fortress.

When we talked, afterwards, I really wish you'd been forthcoming with your reasons for going on the offensive. I was attempting to get both sides of the story before issuing any sort of edict about how you should be treated in the future. Unfortunately, all I had to go on was my guys' view of things, which was that you were a treacherous murderer and/or bat#### crazy. Somehow that didn't compute, so I was trying to get your side of things.
68351, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
What a clusterfrak that was. I almost believed you, but after getting beat up by two, then three, then four Fortress people over the course of the evening I wasn't taking any chances. Anyway, no hard feelings.

I did, er Nusson did mean what he said about not being a snitch though. The guys I were fighting had already ratted me out to Jhoqu and I wasn't going to return the favor. The reason was basically someone asked me to leave Redhorn when I was waiting for evil guys. When I said no (the whole "earth is our mother" line of reasoning) stuff started to go bad, and fast. I can't say more for fear of unintended assassination, but all things considered I probably did deserve a beat-down.

Well, you caught me at a bad time for chatting, but you seem like a decent sort all the same. Good luck.
68353, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nusson Nim the Redeemed of the Ancients, Walks with the Jaguars
Posted by Mizfara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah. If I were you, I'd have attacked me too. I was very surprised at how well you lagged me, btw. Nasty.