Subject: "Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67396
Show all folders

Laernoch (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 06:21 PM

#67396, "Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes"

Not much to say, but just wanted to thank the IMM or IMMs that empowered me and especially that cool interaction related to my role. I have a feeling that there was a mixup with my virtues and I got 2 WAY before I deserved them. I kind of felt the resentment of others around me since I got them so soon and well....i agree. I would rather have gotten them the hard way. Anyway, it's not like it made me overpowered since this character was an utter PK flop and an all around joke at hero. I think I died to Kornuel and Dashmiri's fiends almost 10 times and in total well...a lot :p. I was just simply powerless to do anything to them even with resist mental and sv vs mental gear and a good set. Very well done both of you.

I was headed to a con death but there just wasn't any reason to keep playing since pk was just torturous and I didn't have an IMM to roleplay with (my fault for going the road less travelled) and this guy just wasn't Maran material. That being said, I really think squires should get some kind of boost seeing as being a squire is completely useless either than the use of the cabal channel (come on prot vs evil is one of the easiest preps to get). And when you're fighting Warmasters and Elite blades it's not really comparitive - obviously this doesn't apply to Laernoch since he had 2 virtues which is obviously a very powerful combo in theory.

Anyway.

Acvilar : Thanks for the induct, I enjoyed that initial interaction though I could tell you soured towards my character later on but I don't blame you. You play a darn good paladin and know your stuff. Thanks for the tips you gave me.

Mizfara : Cool character, hope you get Captain and have fun with it.

Throkk : Such a great character, nothing but respect for you. Tough break with the dispel landing in the fly zone.

Ok that's it. It came off as a rage delete so I'll have to log back in tomorrow or something to make it official. See you all in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sorry about that day of Lightwalker slaying, Hada (Guest), 26-Mar-08 09:15 PM, #12
Reply I wish we had more time to RP, Khrathtyn (Guest), 26-Mar-08 07:06 PM, #11
Reply Aww, man., Throkk (Guest), 26-Mar-08 03:29 AM, #9
Reply All my enemies are leaving!, Vehldriss (Guest), 25-Mar-08 10:48 PM, #8
Reply Humbert says Hello, Humbert (Guest), 25-Mar-08 09:55 PM, #6
Reply RE: Humbert says Hello, Laernoch (Guest), 25-Mar-08 10:19 PM, #7
Reply Goodbye., Acvilar (Guest), 25-Mar-08 09:21 PM, #5
Reply Corsix on: Fiends, Corsix (Guest), 26-Mar-08 12:02 PM, #10
Reply RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes, Mizfara (Guest), 25-Mar-08 06:50 PM, #2
Reply RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes, Laernoch (Guest), 25-Mar-08 07:19 PM, #3
Reply RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes, Kayella (Guest), 25-Mar-08 06:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes, Laernoch (Guest), 25-Mar-08 07:23 PM, #4

Hada (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 09:15 PM

#67472, "Sorry about that day of Lightwalker slaying"
In response to Reply #0

I had a blast with you two big paladins, wish I had got to know you better. The feeling of things I got from Laern was great. Hada just didn't care much for light vs. darkness and all that jazz. By the way, those guys attacked because I was on a quest to kill them, but Hey! I can't tell a Paladin that

Best of Luck with the Next, and it was a pleasure!

Hada

Khrathtyn (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 07:06 PM

#67467, "I wish we had more time to RP"
In response to Reply #0

Rather then the continuous being at eachothers throats. I also wanted to fight you 1 vs 1.

Well done on the character. Like Armin, I'm sad to see you go.

Throkk (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 03:29 AM

#67424, "Aww, man."
In response to Reply #0

>Throkk : Such a great character, nothing but respect for you.

Thank you for the kind words. I definitely got a cool vibe from Laernoch. I liked your storms role, I liked your attitude. I am sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you.
From my limited experience I thought you had an awesome build.

You said you had a tough time with the bards...annoying, but surely there were other foes to fight? You don't have to attack two bards at once with a character that only has directed attacks.

> Tough break with the dispel landing in the fly zone.

Heh...that was just so super smooth even if it wasn't intentional.

Man, what can I say...I hoped you aren't soured or something. Keep the spark alive!

Vehldriss (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 10:48 PM

#67411, "All my enemies are leaving!"
In response to Reply #0

I liked your character. I liked your rp..the brief time we interacted, it was enjoyable, even after all those strike of faith with Fordurn. I thought you were well played, and those times when we fought, it was a good adrenaline rush.

Humbert (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 09:55 PM

#67406, "Humbert says Hello"
In response to Reply #0

Hello. Retribution is so awesome. Were you retribution/temperance? If I could have a dream pally it would be an elf defiance wielder ret/temp. Sadly I don't get to choose

Anyway, about the giant vs fiends thing. I've played storm giants before, warrior storm giant, and fiends could be handled. Never had problems against fiends, always had resist mental and full preps and haste (back in the good old glory days of haste) up vs bards. With a paladin's "fervor", Hope virtue set "steadfast heart", resist mental, wearing the illithid head charm, I think it should be quite easy for you to deal with fiends. The head charm helps a lot. Buy from Keiiah in Hamsah, wear it (I know some bards won't be happy I'm revealing this in public, but it's not a limited or rare area explore anyway). Also, bards are overpowered now, especially Imperial ones, so tell everyone you know about the charm. I've played a paladin (granted, elf), with fervor, Hope virtue and resist mental all the time, and songs were nearly completely ineffective against me. I've played a bard, and by no means is fiend a 100% win against even a fire giant. It was sad to see you die so much to the goddamn cheap human bard with edges and imperial training combo.

Good luck with your next character.

Laernoch (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 10:19 PM

#67407, "RE: Humbert says Hello"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks for the advice, I probably played some forties back in the haste days with you, I remember a few good stormies back then. Regarding the head charm, I got the feeling it didn't stack with Resist Mental, but I could be wrong. I did try it and I remember the first time I had it on i was immediately slept-fiended and tripped to death lol. I also didn't see any difference in my saves in Score.

I had temperance and retribution, which are both amazing obviously, but not as amazing on a storm because retribution takes a lot of mana to really put to great use, and I was always low on mana for obvious reasons. My favourite combo was Ulothrye who had temperance-fortitude but the ideal in terms of offensive powerhouse is obviously fortitude-retribution. Anyway, gl with Humbert, looks like you're off to a good start.

Acvilar (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 09:21 PM

#67403, "Goodbye."
In response to Reply #0

On the soured note, I dont think I actually soured towards you. Its just that ive been super busy in game lately, and when I get this busy I get grumpy in real life, something that trickly into the character roleplay. When you got raids, defenses and inducts ontop of the normal play things tend to move at a face pace

You where a good character, and I do not think you where unlikely maran in the fairly near future. But fiends.. is bad vs. giant int. While I knocked down two fiends in three rounds, you struggled with them for a very, very long time.

Good luck on your next.

Corsix (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 12:02 PM

#67442, "Corsix on: Fiends"
In response to Reply #5

All giants are vuln_mental, of which fiends can exploit threefold:

1. It is easier to lay out a fiend (and possibly a stronger one), due to low saves.

2. Fiend melee damage is mental based.

3. Fiend specials are mental based (some progs strengthen the fiend as well).

= Pain^3

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 06:50 PM

#67398, "RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Doh. Two virtues and you delete? Granted, squire mantle is sort of useless for paladins, but I've got to say I enjoyed it as an assassin. Saved me lots of trips to gather protection, not to mention letting me easily evaluate people as potential targets.

What boggles my mind is how you can kill a character like Throkk, who's by all accounts pretty beastly, and then die to ten fiends in a row. Sure, storm giants are dumb, but I've played "dumb" race/class combos in the past and never found fiend that terrible. Was it that you were already out of mana or something? Cursed? I mean, I'd think with sanc on your side, just recalling and spamming "heal heal" at the town healer (*) would be enough.

(*) Now that I've said this, I'm almost positive it will come back to bite me in the ass.

Laernoch (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 07:19 PM

#67400, "RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

In my very humble opinion bards just own giants beyond beliefs. I even took the anti-bard legacy with my last giant Philisrhynga a few months ago and still got my ass handed to me nonstop. If I cared enough I could dig up logs of getting owned by fiends (me dying when they just had small cuts) when I IMMEDIATELY worded to healer and had sanc-prot-stoneskin-fervor (sv vs mental)- resist mental- all up and still got smoked when I had 50 damroll sets and was spamming heal at the healer. It was just absolutely degrading and took all the fun out of it for me knowing one song just meant insta death to me against most of my pk range (usually both imperial bards are logged in together and i'm not going to get a fight without a bard).

Obviously I made lots of mistakes and I'm sure Nep could come on and point all of those out. I'm not suggesting bards should get changed, they're overpowered etc.. I'm beyond that. Just saying that it sucked for Laernoch, who was a very small fish in the sea.

Anywhoo, I have a fetish for felars so I was happy to see one in the Fort, not to mention a Maran assassin. Pretty cool stuff as I've always wanted to see a badass goodie assassin. Good luck!

Kayella (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 06:47 PM

#67397, "RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Oh, I guess I'm just chopped liver, huh?!

I really liked traveling along with you in our early years. But then I logged on one day, you shot up from like level 35 to 51. You seemed really distanced after you hit hero.

It was interesting getting to know you though.

Laernoch (Guest)Tue 25-Mar-08 07:23 PM

#67401, "RE: Laernoch gone - quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah I don't really know what happened. I guess things just got busier when I was hero. I was either trying to survive, trying to hunt, or trying to get some gold/gear in order to be competitive. Just didn't seem like I had as much time to just RP as when I was ranking up. That being said the huge level difference kind of limits what we can do as most RP occurs while ranking or trying to get a group together and my idea of a Maran is someone who's always doing something related to defeating evil...so hanging out with friends seems to take a backseat.

Anyway, Kayella is a very well roleplayed character (a lot better than anything I could ever pull off) and I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions. Good luck with the Fort thing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67396 Previous topic | Next topic