Subject: "(DEL) Zymos the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6646
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 22-May-02 12:22 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6646, "(DEL) Zymos the Grand Master of Artistry"

Wed May 22 02:20:45 2002

7 o''clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Battle on the Theran calendar Zymos perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:135
PK Ratio:50% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fun while it lasted..., Llor (Guest), 22-May-02 12:51 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Dullameh, 22-May-02 01:30 AM, #2
     Reply Funny you should complain about, Sharukin (Guest), 22-May-02 02:08 AM, #3
     Reply I fully looted once, Llor (Guest), 22-May-02 01:09 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Kadsuane, 22-May-02 04:58 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Krivohan, 22-May-02 08:24 AM, #5
     Reply Well here's my role..., Llor (Guest), 22-May-02 01:07 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Well here's my role..., Ululari, 22-May-02 01:41 PM, #12
          Reply No offense.., I kill kittens (Guest), 23-May-02 01:55 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Amy Black (Guest), 22-May-02 08:29 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Valguarnera, 22-May-02 10:45 AM, #7
     Reply I know..., Llor (Guest), 22-May-02 01:05 PM, #9
     Reply You were humorous, Death_Claw, 22-May-02 01:02 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Karithia, 22-May-02 02:41 PM, #13
     Reply We call it the pendulum swing...but, Danical (Guest), 22-May-02 08:41 PM, #14
     Reply RE: We call it the pendulum swing...but, A Scion (Guest), 22-May-02 11:34 PM, #15
     Reply Bite me, Daiken (Guest), 23-May-02 04:13 AM, #17
          Reply Answers to both in one., Danical (Guest), 23-May-02 07:51 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Answers to both in one., Daiken (Guest), 24-May-02 01:35 AM, #20
                    Reply RE: Answers to both in one., Theerkla, 24-May-02 04:21 AM, #21
                    Reply I wish I could have seen the post to understand..., Danical (Guest), 24-May-02 08:11 AM, #22
                         Reply RE: I wish I could have seen the post to understand..., Lintronea (Guest), 24-May-02 09:17 AM, #23
     Reply Certainly was..., Cariatid (Guest), 23-May-02 12:17 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Fun while it lasted..., Guest (Guest), 26-May-02 08:04 PM, #24

Llor (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 12:51 AM

#6647, "Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #0

...I made Zymos to be the classic sphere vanity bard, modeled after a mix of Johnny Bravo and being evil.

Not gonna make this a long list of goodbyes, so let's get to the point. It wasn't fun anymore - I thought being a Herald would be great, and being evil would let me have the fun I wanted. Talk about a huge mistake, it's BORING. Half the time I was attacked in the Inn, everyone hated my jokes and distasteful humor besides a few and after becoming a hero, I had like half the Heralds wanting me out of Heralds. And since the world is truly boring these days at hero (it's either all scions and 2 lone runners, or no scions and 2 lone scions), I couldn't do anything but explore but I know most of Thera besides a few areas. And roleplaying was real stale because quite frankly, sitting around with Mayesha for countless hours doing nothing, or making humor to a crowd that hates you is boring.

So I thought it'd be fun to go sneaky and start helping out the Scions in killing some Inn customers and such. At that moment, Zymos really died. I wasn't sphere vanity anymore, I became a little Lich lackey. At that point, I also pretty much stabbed Mayesha in the back by saying all this stuff, then saying "screw you, I'm going scion". So after a moment of complete rage (6 people attacked the Inn Guard, broke in, and came after me - I fiended at the bar to fight back for the Bar, but Arvam kicked me since I just didn't run away - you pasifist tree-hugging bastard! }> , I was kicked from the Heralds.

So the game gets WORSE. Nothing, but following Scions around or randomnly pking. So I join Scions, make a few hell trips (hey, we did decent - but Hedalkeysas and Zausarm, you can both burn in hell for losing link BOTH OF YOU on the 2nd circle), and today threw in the towel. Every death I had, I was fully looted - every one. Regearing was just boring and pointless, I only did incase I could get an exploring group or I'd just go pk for gear. The roleplay had completely died, I was just a robot.

Quick goodbyes:

Iunna - your seriously the reason that made life worth living as a herald, and after I heroed and lost interest...I couldn't delete because of the work I had put in and because of the fun we had. We really fed off each other as chars, and damn't, your gonna out live me! It was an honor, Lady Luck, and you know you want me

Dullameh - Damn, I can't take it being a lackey. It eats a man inside, and you have got to find it boring when everyone is on your side. At least you were interesting enough as a Lich.

Krivohan - Just delete now. Your just living to die some day of old age, and are completely the mindless man - you walk around in your hare and hope to find someone to pk, you don't explore or anything, and you give all your nice gear to Dullameh like a nice little lackey. God, it's disgusting.

Shamus - Truly got balls, you have my total respect. When the world had 12 scion heros, you were there. You stuck it out, and that my man, deserves a gold medal. I can make a huge list of all the heroes that disappear when Scions show, or vice versa, and you truly are the man for sticking it out. Your gonna con-die soon probably but stick it out.

Mayesha - What can I say, it was fun but your religion is really the thing that killed me Your all about doing nothing and laying back and just drifting through the world, and that's exactly what I didn't want. I wanted excitement, I wanted the end of the world, I wanted the gnome death machine! When we sat there for over I think 2 hours just doing nothing....was really when I decided I needed to change.

I guess what did it in the end, was Llor had action like crazy but was a dying man. Zymos wasn't a dying man, but had no action. Maybe I need to make a duergar warrior and harass everyone in the 30s rank, because I sure as hell know that until the hero range grows some balls and is more stable, it's no fun being a hero. I haven't had a real challenging fight in awhile - it's always completely one-sided. I think Kerikorlian nailed it with saying "I had this whole idea of armies of good going versus armies of evil, and all I saw was gangbangs and random 1 on 1s."

Llor-Zymos

DullamehWed 22-May-02 01:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6670, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

You seemed moderately competent. Your sphere vanity showed, and for the most part, nobody (that I talked to, at least) really liked your character. I'm guessing that this was your aim, being an evil Johnny Bravo. I'll agree with you that you really should have stayed in Troupe.

I didn't like Zymos that much, though he was definitely useful to have around sometimes, and I was trying to give you an opportunity to show that you weren't a lich lackey. It does get boring when everyone's on your side, but of course I've seen both sides of the coin.

If you are who I'm pretty sure you are, your player tends to show through. And really, I don't see any truth or reason in that bashing of Krivohan's character, and I'm sure that anyone who's interacted with him would agree with me.

Sharukin (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 02:08 AM

#6668, "Funny you should complain about"
In response to Reply #1

full loot. You didnt have any trouble full looting me/saccing my gear. Anyway, such is the game, if you dont like, stay at rank 26 with a duergar and delete when you get nailed.

Llor (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 01:09 PM

#6669, "I fully looted once"
In response to Reply #3

and it was anger managment.

I think I had died a total of 5 times, all fully looted and was near naked and just said "screw it".

I love the game, just hate the hero range.

Llor-Zymos

KadsuaneWed 22-May-02 04:58 AM
169 posts
#6667, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

So uhm you play this char for 135 hours. You claim to have thought out the char and roleplayed. But having tried to interact with your char on two different ocassions, and watching you with a couple of newbies I never really saw anything that made me give you a nod of approval. For what ever reason...

Oh and as far as Krivohan goes. Every char that has been in a cabal with an active lich has always lived in its shadow. Thats how liches work because they are a novelty class. Despite that the guy's managed a title and leadership. No just because you couldnt deal with being a lich bitch doesnt mean everyone else actually IS. And dont kid yourself if you think you were anything but that.

Much love

Acidic Parv

KrivohanWed 22-May-02 08:24 AM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#6663, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

This character did not appeal to me at all. For some reason I get the feeling you knew that and also knew that after a talk with Dullameh I was removing you. After all that bitching moaning and groaning in your post about people logging out and what not. What do you go and do? Oh, you join Scion. Let us remember also that it was you who approached Dullameh and I numerous times with info before you were even kicked out of the Inn. Including asking us if you left the Inn could you get a leadership type billet in the Chasm. Then the other time you sent me information that cost one of your fellow Heralds dearly. Backstabbing with no reason or explination just did not sit well with me. If you had been doing this all along I might have bought into your character a bit more; but I had never even heard of you until you hit my pk range and then you wanted to talk all the time and gain my help in getting you this or that piece of gear. As for your complaints against me I don't feel they justify an answer.

Roleplay is something that is constant. If you pick a sphere and write a role then stick to it no matter what. The only time you should change is if there is a major event in your life that causes you to question your believes and even then don't do so immediately. I just haven't seen this from either of your characters.

Llor (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 01:07 PM

#6664, "Well here's my role..."
In response to Reply #5

...might help you all understand.

role + Zymos was born into a rich family, yet one day, the endless wealth ended...as
role + did his family. As an orc raid forced it's way through the gates of Tar
role + Valon, his house was one of the first targets. His father brutally killed and
role + the mother raped by the savage orcs, Zymos was asleep the entire time
role + upstairs. He woke up just in time to run from the burning house into the
role + empty street, absolutely alone. Staring as the house burned to the ground,
role + this young man struggled with how to look positive upon the situation but
role + decided he would twist it somehow until such had happened. His story slowly
role + changed into what it is today - of how he had boldy fought off the orcs,
role + while his mother and father ran into the hills, leaving all the fortune to
role + Zymos. He became a local hero and with this learned a valuable lesson in life
role + - life is how you make it seen to others. If you don't enjoy it, change it.
role + If they don't enjoy it, lie about it. Thus was the beginning of Zymos, the
role + lying bard.

I guess I'm biased about you since both chars you've hated, but eh, that's my opinion.

Llor-Zymos

UlulariWed 22-May-02 01:41 PM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6666, "RE: Well here's my role..."
In response to Reply #10

>I guess I'm biased about you since both chars you've hated,
>but eh, that's my opinion.

Eh? But you hated Zymos too (or at least were too bored to play him).

As an aside: your lies weren't very convincing (which is ok, I guess -- certainly made life easier for my character, as I didn't have to agonize much about whether or not you were a genuine enemy), nor did they really come off with Johnny Bravo's vain single mindedness (that's in retrospect -- maybe if I'd been in the right frame of mind I'd have appreciated them more).

I kill kittens (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 01:55 AM

#6665, "No offense.."
In response to Reply #10

That role wasn't very good at all. It doesen't explain anything, it's poorly written (though you don't really need to be a poet), it's too short, and it was one of those "excuse" roles. But not a badly played character at all, even if there wasn't much of a role to stick to.

Yeah, the hero range blows. It's never balanced. I haven't seen a good cabal war in a while. I'm talking like 5 on 5. Though it can still be fun, and a 2 on 2 war is fun too. But aside from gear, hunting the lonely enemy (or being the lonely enemy), and exploring areas, it's pretty boring. I wish more people would stick through the thick and thin to bring more of a balance to the game.

Especially when Dullameh logs on. Maybe someday Valg should randomly uninduct people that log off within 20 minutes of him logging off, or vice versa.

Amy Black (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 08:29 AM

#6662, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

All I know is that you were the funniest character I've met yet. Even though *some* of your jokes could be considered out of period, you had me laughing all the way.

Amy

ValguarneraWed 22-May-02 10:45 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6660, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

What I saw in our conversation was a character who followed Mayesha, then decided she was all wrong, a character that wanted to be a Herald but decided he was wrong for them, a character that wanted to prove himself for leadership but burned all his bridges with every mortal he'd come across. Anything interesting I saw about the character's role got thrown away and forgotten whenever it was convenient.

Needless to say, when you came to me (especially given my spheres)after being kicked from Herald and asked me for a special Scion leadership position, an apprenticeship, shadowy quest spells, and god knows what else, I'm going to turn that away.

I also agree with the others that Krivohan has a lot more going for him than you credit him for, and that if you're opposed to groups dominating the hero range, running off to the force that is strong at the moment is probably not helping matters.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Llor (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 01:05 PM

#6661, "I know..."
In response to Reply #7

The whole role of Zymos was the lying bard, and I did what I wanted to get what I wanted. Didn't get what I wanted from Mayesha, Herald, or anything much and it just got boring being sphere vanity.

I knew damn well I wouldn't get anything from you, but that's Zymos. I thought the world was mine on a silver platter, and I was just trying to get you to follow into the scam - which you didn't.

My beef about Krivohan I guess is just from the reaction I've got from Llor and Zymos. It's probably biased because both of my chars he's hated, but eh - it's my view.

And when your evil and your friends are Scions, what, should I just make them all my enemies? I'm an evil Johnny Bravo, it's good to stay with the gang - I can't ruin these precious good looks.

Llor-Zymos

Death_ClawWed 22-May-02 01:02 PM
103 posts
#6659, "You were humorous"
In response to Reply #1

I knew there wasn't a shot in hell of keeping you still long enough to actually kill you, but it was fun chasing you around all over the place. You certainly were imaginative when it came to hiding spots.

Kerikorlian

KarithiaWed 22-May-02 02:41 PM
26 posts
#6658, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

Well Zymos,

You know Karithia could not stand you. You just didn't seem to understand how to keep your mouth shut. Many times you came close to being slain. *smile* Any way, I personally liked him as a character and got a chuckle out of it. I think you should have stuck as a Mayeshite and Herald instead of backing out. Oh well, thats the breaks. Good luck on your next character.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor

Karithia@carrionfields.com

Danical (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 08:41 PM

#6650, "We call it the pendulum swing...but"
In response to Reply #1

In a lot of ways its the, hey, lets go join the Lich's Bandwagon and get some great eq. I have been out lately because I wrecked my ankle and its hard to keep it up while playing on the computer. However, I often log in, like last night, to find myself, two ragers, a few nexans and Innkeepers who don't get involved in anything, and about 10 scion heros. That is no joke, they had a lot last evening. I still fought some of them, but i never saw you around...and thats the truth. Did you always hide in the Inn? Being a perpetual criminal doesn't help me get in to fight ya! Anyway, I had wanted to fight you, but never found you.

luck with the next one, try making an underdog.
Danical

A Scion (Guest)Wed 22-May-02 11:34 PM

#6657, "RE: We call it the pendulum swing...but"
In response to Reply #14

Maybe you didn't notice it, but the lich has been around for a while without the bandwagon. The reason the Chasm is strong right now can be somewhat attributed to the bandwagon effect, but it only started once a few cultivated Scions finally got into the hero range, meaning without all the new additions, they would still be owning your @ss sideways. If you wish to flame someone, perhaps you should turn your sights on (*snip*), and those like him, who don't bother to stand up to the Chasm and leave those such as yourself alone to fight it. Don't be so quick to break out the bandwagon excuse.

Daiken (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 04:13 AM

#6651, "Bite me"
In response to Reply #14

>In a lot of ways its the, hey, lets go join the Lich's
>Bandwagon and get some great eq.

There's a couple of those and there is the fact that the lowbies within the cabal have been ranking.

> However, I often log in, like last
>night, to find myself, two ragers, a few nexans and
>Innkeepers who don't get involved in anything, and about 10
>scion heros. That is no joke, they had a lot last evening.

You're just seeing the story from a different side this time, it sucks but don't go trying to act the innocent.

Zymos was evil when evil was the underdog (*snip*). Yes you'd been logged in a long time but are you the only one allowed to cry "Wolf"?

Props to Sahannara and Sharukin

Danical (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 07:51 PM

#6652, "Answers to both in one."
In response to Reply #17

I'm not saying that everyone is in scion because of the Lich, I know many have come up the ranks. And I agree, many don't come around which leaves the few of us to be there alone. I'm not sure what Daiken is talking about exactly, all I wanted to say was the Imms always call it the pendulum affect, where one cabal is strong and the rest seem to be weaker. Unfortunately it happens, which it is right now, but my suggestion is that if you want a challenge, play one. Oh well, thats how life goes. More will come on this when I'm done.

Danical

Daiken (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 01:35 AM

#6653, "RE: Answers to both in one."
In response to Reply #19

My detailed explanatory post which highlighted certain facts was deleted by IMM unknown, as it is however, they have kindly left my unsupported original post and rather undermined me.

I guess I won't bother replying here to anymore items that I perceive to be false.

TheerklaFri 24-May-02 04:21 AM
1055 posts
#6656, "RE: Answers to both in one."
In response to Reply #20

I suspect it was because you listed out scion, warlock, and sylvan memberships. Had one of my names been mentioned, I'd probably be glad that it was deleted or edited as well. But your point was well made anyways.

Danical (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 08:11 AM

#6654, "I wish I could have seen the post to understand..."
In response to Reply #20

Let's just say, we are probably referring to different times and neither of us are getting the point across. You listed a few other heros in Sylvan. At current count that I have seen, there are four of us...and usually we are not logged in together. We have a few youngsters, but not many, and Scion has a lot of heros right now...do you agree? You also have a lot coming up, a few warriors, a bard, a few muters...do you agree? The odds are currently in your favor, and for being a healer you talk a lot of crap. I think my favorite one was when you gated to me after i had just fought two other people and expected me to be ready to fight you, then tried to tell me I was weak because I wouldn't fight a healer. We both know that our fights just end up in stupidity as we go away, you teleporting, me hiding in the trees or whatever. Shaman/Healer fights aren't all that spectacular, except when I dispelled your sanc and hit you with my mithril weapon...I think that was the closest I got to actually killing you. Oh well, we have fun fights Daiken, but until you see a hero range from my point of view, which isn't a dark-elf healer, then stop talking about it. Soon enough the scions will start deleting and the proof of your talk will be if you continue to show up, or if you go the way of the bandwagon..so lets see eh!

Danical

Lintronea (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 09:17 AM

#6655, "RE: I wish I could have seen the post to understand..."
In response to Reply #22

>Soon enough the scions will start
>deleting and the proof of your talk will be if you continue
>to show up, or if you go the way of the bandwagon..so lets
>see eh!
>
>Danical

That's uncalled for, lot's of times Daiken is the only scion there. I think you two should just agree to disagree and let this thread die

Cariatid (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 12:17 PM

#6649, "Certainly was..."
In response to Reply #1

Both I as a player and Cariatid like you. You had balls, which in most cases isn't always true for Heralds. You definately knew your #####, and could back up what you said. In the end, Cariatid was sorry about you getting booted, and thought Arvam was being rather hypocritical (seeing as she was never booted for all the fights she caused with Tribs). That night in the Inn was insanity with everyone running around, bouncers jumping in left and right, and Mayesha and Arvam showing up. If its alright with you and I can find it, I'd like to post that one. Made for some good entertainment reading over it later.

Guest (Guest)Sun 26-May-02 08:04 PM

#6648, "RE: Fun while it lasted..."
In response to Reply #1

I must say that I had a ton of fun with you while I was with you, but due to a lack of playing time (Only Sunday evenings for two hours) had me strapped on how far I could go. I hope you will find another character and give the ole hell run another try. E-mail me if you would like at Roguewolfpb@hotmail.com.

Hedalkeyas

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6646 Previous topic | Next topic