Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bathed i..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65613
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Jan-08 06:32 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65613, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bathed in Crimson"

Wed Jan 23 17:31:16 2008

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Folsa perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:400

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bath..., Llorenz, 23-Jan-08 07:48 PM, #4
Reply With Llorenz, it was never close., Nivek1, 24-Jan-08 06:39 PM, #16
Reply Folsa deleted., Nivek1, 23-Jan-08 06:38 PM, #1
     Reply You missed me!, Dejek (Guest), 23-Jan-08 06:59 PM, #2
     Reply Great character!, Nerizol (Guest), 23-Jan-08 07:27 PM, #3
     Reply We had some great fights, to the bitter end., Zridv (Guest), 23-Jan-08 10:11 PM, #5
     Reply Thanks. I will post logs of us if you don't mind. nt, Nivek1, 23-Jan-08 11:23 PM, #6
          Reply go for it. nt, Zridv (Guest), 24-Jan-08 07:48 AM, #14
     Reply Good Character, Kastellyn, 23-Jan-08 11:28 PM, #7
     Reply Don't take this the wrong way, but..., Daevryn, 24-Jan-08 12:17 AM, #8
     Reply No offense taken., Nivek1, 24-Jan-08 06:27 AM, #12
     Reply About time, Nivek., Derexal, 24-Jan-08 12:39 AM, #9
     Reply Folsa was great. Tres cool. nt, Throkk (Guest), 24-Jan-08 06:21 AM, #10
     Reply There is actually text in the above farewell. nt, Throkk (Guest), 24-Jan-08 06:23 AM, #11
     Reply Good bye., Werzidian (Guest), 24-Jan-08 07:22 AM, #13
     Reply Well done., Lyristeon, 24-Jan-08 07:54 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Folsa deleted., Rhayla (Guest), 24-Jan-08 09:08 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Folsa deleted., Dey (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:24 PM, #18

LlorenzWed 23-Jan-08 07:48 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2008
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65617, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bath..."
In response to Reply #0

You done rocked! I think I fought Folsa with two other characters before I rolled up Llorenz and you made me cry overpowered. I think you were still in the 30s back then though. I loved popping in on you while you were hiding, trying to fog you out before you realized I was there. We had some really close fights early on, but later on things turned into a poor match up for you. Our interactions before and after skirmishes were always awesome, you made it fun to say the least. Good luck with your next character!

Llorenz

Nivek1Thu 24-Jan-08 06:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65642, "With Llorenz, it was never close."
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the kind words.

Nivek1Wed 23-Jan-08 06:38 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65614, "Folsa deleted."
In response to Reply #0

This was my most successful character. My first permanent title, my first tattoo and my first full leader position. My role was very simplistic. Folsa is a soldier. He fights for the Refuge. I had no idea that this character would do so well. I had planned on deleting by level 30 or so. I'm glad I didn't.

Thank you to the IMMs for all of the attention. Lyristeon, thank you for the unique tattoo. I appreciated it much more for the look than the powers it bestowed. I always thought that Vassagon had a very cool religion and wanted to try a follower. Thank you also for the third legacy. It helped a lot, but not really toward its intended target.

I had a few shameful moments with this character, but I hope that the good outweighed the bad. I tried very hard not to loot anything that I could not immediately use from my enemies. I also tried to treat both friends and enemies with politeness and respect. For the most part, that favor was reciprocated many times over. Thank you all for that. I enjoyed the talks with lots of folks.

Some shout-outs. Please do not be offended if I missed you. Write, and I will try and respond.

Lyristeon - thanks for being such an active cabal imm and for the above.
Linaeren - Your mortal presence is missed. Coming from a teacher in RL, you are a great teacher in CF.
Neyvered - Mean. You immed way too soon. Congrats.
Throkk - I am so impressed by your character.
Danrae - Thank you for bailing me out of trouble time and again, Little Mother.
Werizidan - Something familiar about your build... You are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Pissudin - Impossible to defeat. The only time I got you was with help. You were also one of the only Tribunals I never killed alone.
Scion mages (Llorenz, Elemek, Ravon, Chrichuk, Zorran) - I couldn't kill any of you. Or even come close.

I will post some logs when I get around to it.

Thanks.

Nivek

PS: I'd like to give credit to Giuseppe Garibaldi for that one note. It was his spirit - I just transferred that spirit into CF.

Dejek (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-08 06:59 PM

#65615, "You missed me!"
In response to Reply #1

Good job though, thanks for helping me get my final form and just being a cool cabal leader all around.

Nerizol (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-08 07:27 PM

#65616, "Great character!"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Folsa. Actually, looking forward to ranking up and running against you motivated me far more than anything happening in my own cabal.

Classy and intriguing, seemingly without trying. Good luck with your next!

Zridv (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-08 10:11 PM

#65618, "We had some great fights, to the bitter end."
In response to Reply #1

Great job.

Nivek1Wed 23-Jan-08 11:23 PM
655 posts
#65619, "Thanks. I will post logs of us if you don't mind. nt"
In response to Reply #5

Zridv (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-08 07:48 AM

#65628, "go for it. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

KastellynWed 23-Jan-08 11:28 PM
864 posts
#65620, "Good Character"
In response to Reply #1

I liked your solid take on Vassagon's religion, and thought Folsa was a very good character. I watched you a number of times, and you impressed me with your skill and your attitude. Folsa definitely added something good to the game.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

DaevrynThu 24-Jan-08 12:17 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#65621, "Don't take this the wrong way, but..."
In response to Reply #1

I was surprised to see a character of this quality come from you, given, you know, all the history and what not. It's not the first time I've been wrong about something like that and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I liked Folsa a lot and I'm really hoping there's more of this caliber in you.

Nivek1Thu 24-Jan-08 06:27 AM
655 posts
#65625, "No offense taken."
In response to Reply #8

Acidic level 30 thieves and role-less invokers get old after awhile.

DerexalThu 24-Jan-08 12:39 AM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
#65622, "About time, Nivek."
In response to Reply #1

Heh, only took years.

Throkk (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-08 06:21 AM

#65623, "Folsa was great. Tres cool. nt"
In response to Reply #1

Folsa was a good Vassagon follower based on what little I know of the religion. I must say that I was surprised when I discovered you were neutral (around the time when Danrae became sunwarden and Folsa was a long time hero). From all your fighting and taking names, I had just naturally assumed that you were evil

You were always out there mixing it up and I certainly got the respectful vibe from you and I think your foes did too.

It was good to watch over your shoulder a few times when you interviewed. It gave me some ideas to use myself.

Sorry for getting you (and me!) killed a few times when we teamed up against the tougher foes. I am working on my group skills, but it is new ground for me and I am dragging others down as I learn.

To sum up I think Folsa was good to have around, both for allies and enemies, and you can't really wish for more than that.

Take care, man!

Throkk (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-08 06:23 AM

#65624, "There is actually text in the above farewell. nt"
In response to Reply #10

t

Werzidian (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-08 07:22 AM

#65626, "Good bye."
In response to Reply #1

Very good character, I hope your next will be as rewarding for you.

LyristeonThu 24-Jan-08 07:54 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65629, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

Excellent character. I am going to echo Daevryn's words on this. If you keep this up, people are going to start liking your characters. This one was added to the list of names on the totem. Good luck with your next.

Rhayla (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-08 09:08 PM

#65652, "RE: Folsa deleted."
In response to Reply #1

Awesome character/player.

GLWYN

Dey (Guest)Fri 25-Jan-08 09:24 PM

#65687, "RE: Folsa deleted."
In response to Reply #1

Another one I liked. I hated fighting you, hated it. I got a cheap kill and it made her look bad. I had to defend though. Well done, thanks for keeping it coming for the rest of her short life.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65613 Previous topic | Next topic