Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bathed in Crimson
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=65613
65613, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bathed in Crimson
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 23 17:31:16 2008

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Folsa perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:400
65617, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Folsa Pike the War Eagle Bathed in Crimson
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You done rocked! I think I fought Folsa with two other characters before I rolled up Llorenz and you made me cry overpowered. I think you were still in the 30s back then though. I loved popping in on you while you were hiding, trying to fog you out before you realized I was there. We had some really close fights early on, but later on things turned into a poor match up for you. Our interactions before and after skirmishes were always awesome, you made it fun to say the least. Good luck with your next character!

Llorenz
65642, With Llorenz, it was never close.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
65614, Folsa deleted.
This was my most successful character. My first permanent title, my first tattoo and my first full leader position. My role was very simplistic. Folsa is a soldier. He fights for the Refuge. I had no idea that this character would do so well. I had planned on deleting by level 30 or so. I'm glad I didn't.

Thank you to the IMMs for all of the attention. Lyristeon, thank you for the unique tattoo. I appreciated it much more for the look than the powers it bestowed. I always thought that Vassagon had a very cool religion and wanted to try a follower. Thank you also for the third legacy. It helped a lot, but not really toward its intended target.

I had a few shameful moments with this character, but I hope that the good outweighed the bad. I tried very hard not to loot anything that I could not immediately use from my enemies. I also tried to treat both friends and enemies with politeness and respect. For the most part, that favor was reciprocated many times over. Thank you all for that. I enjoyed the talks with lots of folks.

Some shout-outs. Please do not be offended if I missed you. Write, and I will try and respond.

Lyristeon - thanks for being such an active cabal imm and for the above.
Linaeren - Your mortal presence is missed. Coming from a teacher in RL, you are a great teacher in CF.
Neyvered - Mean. You immed way too soon. Congrats.
Throkk - I am so impressed by your character.
Danrae - Thank you for bailing me out of trouble time and again, Little Mother.
Werizidan - Something familiar about your build... You are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Pissudin - Impossible to defeat. The only time I got you was with help. You were also one of the only Tribunals I never killed alone.
Scion mages (Llorenz, Elemek, Ravon, Chrichuk, Zorran) - I couldn't kill any of you. Or even come close.

I will post some logs when I get around to it.

Thanks.

Nivek

PS: I'd like to give credit to Giuseppe Garibaldi for that one note. It was his spirit - I just transferred that spirit into CF.
65615, You missed me!
Posted by Dejek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job though, thanks for helping me get my final form and just being a cool cabal leader all around.
65616, Great character!
Posted by Nerizol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Folsa. Actually, looking forward to ranking up and running against you motivated me far more than anything happening in my own cabal.

Classy and intriguing, seemingly without trying. Good luck with your next!
65618, We had some great fights, to the bitter end.
Posted by Zridv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job.
65619, Thanks. I will post logs of us if you don't mind. nt
65628, go for it. nt
Posted by Zridv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
65620, Good Character
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your solid take on Vassagon's religion, and thought Folsa was a very good character. I watched you a number of times, and you impressed me with your skill and your attitude. Folsa definitely added something good to the game.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
65621, Don't take this the wrong way, but...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was surprised to see a character of this quality come from you, given, you know, all the history and what not. It's not the first time I've been wrong about something like that and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I liked Folsa a lot and I'm really hoping there's more of this caliber in you.
65625, No offense taken.
Acidic level 30 thieves and role-less invokers get old after awhile.
65622, About time, Nivek.
Posted by Derexal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, only took years.
65623, Folsa was great. Tres cool. nt
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Folsa was a good Vassagon follower based on what little I know of the religion. I must say that I was surprised when I discovered you were neutral (around the time when Danrae became sunwarden and Folsa was a long time hero). From all your fighting and taking names, I had just naturally assumed that you were evil ;-)

You were always out there mixing it up and I certainly got the respectful vibe from you and I think your foes did too.

It was good to watch over your shoulder a few times when you interviewed. It gave me some ideas to use myself.

Sorry for getting you (and me!) killed a few times when we teamed up against the tougher foes. I am working on my group skills, but it is new ground for me and I am dragging others down as I learn.

To sum up I think Folsa was good to have around, both for allies and enemies, and you can't really wish for more than that.

Take care, man!
65624, There is actually text in the above farewell. nt
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
t
65626, Good bye.
Posted by Werzidian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very good character, I hope your next will be as rewarding for you.
65629, Well done.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Excellent character. I am going to echo Daevryn's words on this. If you keep this up, people are going to start liking your characters. This one was added to the list of names on the totem. Good luck with your next.
65652, RE: Folsa deleted.
Posted by Rhayla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome character/player.

GLWYN
65687, RE: Folsa deleted.
Posted by Dey on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another one I liked. I hated fighting you, hated it. I got a cheap kill and it made her look bad. I had to defend though. Well done, thanks for keeping it coming for the rest of her short life.