Subject: "(DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6494
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 12-May-02 11:21 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6494, "(DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"

Mon May 13 01:19:46 2002

11 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Long Shadows on the Theran calendar Kerikorlian perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:MARAN, the Holy Brigade of the Phoenix
Hours:225
PK Ratio:38% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah! Why the delete?, Llohuir, 16-May-02 08:21 PM, #23
Reply Roles and Descs., Kerikorlian (Guest), 13-May-02 04:14 PM, #19
Reply Respects -, Johan (Guest), 13-May-02 10:04 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Thelleneor (Guest), 13-May-02 02:07 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Daiken (Guest), 13-May-02 02:22 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Thelleneor (Guest), 13-May-02 02:26 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Kerikorlian (Guest), 13-May-02 11:40 AM, #17
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Sharukin (Guest), 13-May-02 02:50 AM, #11
     Reply Which would be why i said ..., Daiken (Guest), 13-May-02 03:20 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Deloit (Guest), 13-May-02 06:46 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Kerikorlian (Guest), 12-May-02 11:49 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Krivohan, 13-May-02 12:03 AM, #2
     Reply It was a few things., Kerikorlian (Guest), 13-May-02 12:18 AM, #3
          Reply Well done, very well done., Bethrella (Guest), 15-May-02 09:25 PM, #20
               Reply Thanks a lot., Kerikorlian (Guest), 15-May-02 11:33 PM, #21
               Reply RE: Well done, very well done., Quoquar (Guest), 25-May-02 04:55 AM, #24
                    Reply I'm rather confused., Kerikorlian (Guest), 25-May-02 06:39 AM, #25
                    Reply RE: I'm rather confused., Cariatid (Guest), 26-May-02 02:10 PM, #26
                         Reply Maybe it was Claustren?, Death_Claw, 27-May-02 02:03 AM, #27
                    Reply Obviously he is confused, Bethrella (Guest), 27-May-02 08:54 AM, #28
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Nydeikon (Guest), 13-May-02 01:02 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Phounye (Guest), 13-May-02 01:15 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Dullameh, 13-May-02 01:29 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Dieca (Guest), 13-May-02 02:08 AM, #8
     Reply SWARM! SWARM! (log inside), Ugly Orc (Guest), 13-May-02 08:06 AM, #14
     Reply Well, consider it in these terms., Kerikorlian (Guest), 13-May-02 11:36 AM, #16
     Reply well you have to go some time., Tylinn (Guest), 13-May-02 11:50 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous, Vomalice (Guest), 16-May-02 09:03 AM, #22

LlohuirThu 16-May-02 08:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6495, "Bah! Why the delete?"
In response to Reply #0

More and more of my enemy 'friends' are leaving? Killed you once I think in holygrove. Good fight!

Best for your next!

Kerikorlian (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 04:14 PM

#6496, "Roles and Descs."
In response to Reply #0

Desc 1 :

Before you is a stalwart human garbed with a grey cloak and mark of a Knight. His face seems to be almost cold with age and wear, however in your best of estimations he seems to be a young man. Austerity gleams in his rigid movements and straight posture. His eyes are a deep green, a small golden ring encircling the pupil. Long brown hair kept well taken care of lies in a tail coming out off the back of his head. He bears a small beard, well trimmed and neatly cared for. This man is quite well built and his manner would suggest likewise well trained. On the side of his neck and on both arms are black and gold etched tattoos depicting various symbols which strike you as the religious sort. Upon closer inspection, you happen to note that

Desc 2 added at 51 :

Before you stands an aging Knight wearing the garb of the Brigade of the Holy Phoenix. A small amulet clasps and brooches his cloak, silvery flames seeming to emanate from it, shaped like a great bird rises in flight. His body seems well honed for his age, kept in shape with instincts and practices long embedded in his motions and posture. His hair is a peppered gray and he bears a peppered beard to match, well trimmed to seemingly coincide with his piercing green eyes. Draping out over his neck onto his cloak is a long ponytail of hair, tied back with neatly and firmly. Many scars are bourn across the surface of his visible skin yet seem to not bear as much weight as a divine light shining from his presence. His armors are well cleaned and polished, and he bears a few different styles of weaponry amongst his possessions. His face and eyes seem stern and austere, above that which is normal for even human men his age, and his features seem carved of granite as if few great emotions have ever graced his countenance.

Original Role :

Bitter cold wears throughout your bones Traveler. You find yourself, as you unfurl the blur of your sense and begin to find clarity, standing outside a structure of ancient granite. Unaffected by the foreboding sense of darkness that would innately ward this place against many mortals, you pick up your pace, boots colliding with the stones and sending shallow shudders throughout the still air. Approaching the Temple of the Demon Goddess Cyradia, you pass through the fogs of illusion into the entrance. Naturally you do not wish to disturb he whom you watch, furling your cloak of invisibility about you even the dim light seems to flow through you, your shadow swiftly disappearing, your footsteps silencing themselves.

Curiosity, the unbound virtue that has led you to your path, the path of the Eternal Watcher, pulses through you once again, and you make your way through the temple. Its passage is not difficult for you, he who has ventured through the many planes and rifts. There exists no path which you cannot traverse, no walkway un-memorized, not even in this land of Thera. The form of he whom your interest is focused upon is drawn over the altar amidst deep prayers. You sense a vivid aura of magic about him as he draws a small orb, roughly the size of a marble from his pocket and places it upon the altar. The magi, cloaked in shimmering black robes, begins to chant spidery words upon the inky orb, and the ink within seems to swirl. Color envelops the orb, as you knew it would, and you begin to feel the pull of the orb as the magi must. Suddenly the orb seems larger, or perhaps you smaller, though in truth neither are so. Powerful images etch throughout your mind, you increase your focus, committing them to your divine memory.

Your eyes drift to a town known as Galadon, a bustling market city which appears to the one of the focal points of this realm. They fall to rest upon a man, young, perhaps seventeen years of age, kneeling within a humble temple before a Cleric garbed in silver-white and gold vestaments. The man has a shield leaning against his knee and his sword turned point down gripped firmly by both hands, his head bowed in silent meditation. The Cleric speaks and words ring throughout your ears, the temple of Cyradia is becoming farther and farther away in your mind and you begin to wonder if you are still there at all.

"Kerikorlian Avante Desriadius, of the House of Gilthanevor."

A deep response, however no movement made, from then young man.

"Tis I, my Liege."

"Thy cloak and garb, what does it signify Squire?"

"Tis the vestaments of the Maran my Liege, named after the Hammer of Shokai, tis to He whom I swear, upon the sacred vow of a dying Warrior of the Phoenix in the Dessert of Araile upon my quest of Virtue. Haven given me this garb I did vow to his dying breath to take up his path and remember his sacrifice, it was but moments after I witnessed a flaming dark knight shatter his body with a mighty blow. I could not aid him, so this I have done my Liege."

"Have you studied the Maran Squire? Find you worthy of their ways?"

"Until I do die, hence my vigil here my Liege, tis my vow to follow these ways with my life, upon burying the warrior I have spent the remaining time in studies and meditation."

"Your vigil is complete Squire. I relieve you and deem that your Quest of Virtue has thus been completed according to the Code of Paladins. You are now named Knight Kerikorlian Avante Desriadius, of the Galadonian Order, arise Sir Knight."

Showing no emotion, not allowing joy to creep through his features, the knight sternly and swiftly sheathes his blade and shield, rising to full attention.

"Bound in Honor, sworn to Our Code of the Paladin, you shall venture through the lands and continue thy Quest as stated today. Seek thee out the Lord of the Phoenix, seek his blessing. May your blade ring true, and may your heart acclaim the praises of the Light until you are struck down in glorious combat."

"I shall do as is requested Sir Ereviar. May your peace guide you in spirit, and may your faith remain as strong as the purest of mithril."

Bowing deeply, the man takes his leave, you shudder as your world begins to groan and grind, rattling your nerves so much that you almost lose consciousness. It is in this state of shock that you find yourself back within the temple, slowly regaining your sense. The magi likewise shudders, once again speaking words of magic. Your task done, you take your leave, as undetected as your entrance.

Role added at 51 :

A small eagle raises his wings and soars about the bright skies above a dried bed where a river once raged. Its call is noted to you, heard as so heard by any other set of ears within the Realm of Thera, yet little interest is taken. You have heard the cries of beasts upon the full multitude of planes available to your travels, and there is little inherent interest in beings of pure instinct in your mind. Pacing through the arid region, you make it through a wide path through a set of plains, on the horizon lies a forest filled with short trees. Known as the Dwarven Forest to the locals, it is simply an obstruction to you, and you quicken your pace to move through it. No mortal eyes of this realms, nor ears, nor senses, may divine your presence. To be conspicuous, or to be noted at all, would defeat your purpose. You do not create history, you simply take interest in it and scribe it within the massive pallet that is your mind, such as an artist would paint his life’s work one stroke at a time. Each story has its worth, yet no one more then another, no one being the entirety, simply steps in a stairway amounting to the pinnacle of your existence.

As you make your way towards what appears to be a cobblestone road, you hear voices from the south. Stepping upon the road, and through a thin trail to the south, you see two men standing, embroiled in conversation, strapping armors and weaponries in preparation for battle. A face suddenly apparent to you, that which you have seen in a vision before, a man known as Kerikorlian Avante Desriadius, now Maran, seems to be preparing to battle a being reminiscent of a blend between man and feline. From what you gather, they are holding a duel, for honor and to settle a quarrel that they both hold within. Soon, after prayers have been said and old scars covered, the fight begins. The sounds of grunts, cries, and clashes of steel and iron, rings throughout the forest, only mildly dampened by the surrounding oaks.

Raging from minute to minute, until nearly an hour has elapsed, the battle finally is over. The felar barbarian, being nigh death in wounds, given the cry to submit and combat ceased. No smiles is upon the Knight’s face, still stern and cold like in his youth, yet now his age has creased his features into that of granite. Upon your watching of this man, you have witnessed his acceptance of his vow, and his fulfillment of many task. You have gazed upon him in armor so flourished as to be thought victor’s silks, and within hides with simple weaponry as he is now. His duty complete, he bows to his foe, and after the felar has departed, takes rest beneath a large tree. Bloodied and weary, he silently drifts into slumber, his dreams as told by your eyes depict dragons, great ships abound, dark sorcerous undead, and untold horrors of the Chaos Rift. These things trouble his soul, and yet indomitable of spirit and strong in faith his waking hours do not question their integrity or worth.

The sun begins to set over the western horizon, unnoticed by the slumped Knight, chilled air stirring the woodland. However as darkness takes hold upon the land, quenching the last hope of light, he is suddenly awakened. Without a word his instincts take hold, danger ringing in his heart he immediately heaves his shield and withdraws a large silver hammer from a side-strap at his waist, moving deathly silent within the thick hides of a stark black dragon. Uttering a few prayers, his power seems to grow, his wounds healed and his vigor increased, he stands firmly, as if none but the boldest of strikes may hope to remove the ground from his feet. A slight chuckle fills the air, the likes of which would send a chill down the spine of a mortal man, the likes of which you only manage to note with an appraising interest.
Kerikorlian stalwartly says in a moderate voice, “Who goes? Let thy visage be seen, lest the wrath of the Skyborn thou may incur darkwalker!”

No sound except the movement of shrubbery, snapping of twigs, and rustling of robes is heard through the air. No words are spoken, yet the tone has been set, both pawns circling each other through their minds, both paths set in fate. Without indication of further warning, the Maran lashes outward toward the rustling robes, a truer strike hardly able to land, yet the pinpoint accuracy of a lifetime of instinct and experience fails him as his mace flashes through thin air. A small indication of surprise fills his heart, unable to completely eradicate all emotion before his foe. He maintains his posture, awaiting the mysteries of the darkness, perhaps awaiting his own death.

The darkness of the night speaks softly, you recognize the voice, and your eyes do not fail to see his form, as the Knight is so disadvantaged. Before the Maran, with a slight smirk upon his face, stands what appears to be a solemn magus. It is the man noted within the Dark Temple of Cyradia, Demon Goddess, whom had provided the visage before you many years past. As if what is to be said is known by both parties, the feeling of having done something over and over again throughout the history of existence seems to dwell upon their lips and minds. After the silence has passed, the magi states simply, “I do hope you understand what it is you do Maran.” With that, the magus utters words of transportation, taking his departure. He leaves behind a slightly confused Knight, staring into the darkness, trying to remember something that has never occurred.

------------------

My intention was to roleplay out that the mage was my brother, a scarab whom I never knew yet had followed me about attempting to slay me and draw power from my connection with my faith, thereby bestowing him with physical and communal strength in addition to his prowess with wizardry. The watcher was initially intended as a simple character meant to be an Immortal or the like who scripted an inter-planar history, depicting various stories of people throughout the realms. I found it as a good way to depict my story in an interesting and in depth way.

Johan (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 10:04 AM

#6497, "Respects -"
In response to Reply #0

From my perspective, you played a good Maran. And it's unfortunate to see another one go down into the Flames. It is certainly alot easier (and more fun) to play Maran during times when there is a core group and a solid sense of camaraderie.

Maybe I'll see you around.

Thelleneor (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 02:07 AM

#6498, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #0

Thelleneor liked you as well, you were the only Maran around, for one thing, and I think you're fairly skilled as a solo hunter. However, I felt that you did not support me when we were grouped, and it's curious that you mention that you were annoyed by my impatience, Thelleneor was annoyed by yours. You also had a slight condescending attitude in the way you spoke and the way you said things, but taken as a whole you were a good knight-brother.

I concur with your assessment of the good-aligns. I was not about today as I had a work commitment, perhaps it would have been slightly different. I am sorry to see you go, I'll probably be alone most of the time now.

I am also very sorry you got killed when you rescued me from Zodrimauk and the other shifter. That was not what I was expecting to happen and I would have given you all of my set, though I suspect you'd be offended by the offer. I had gathered some equipment for you but did not see you until now, this post.

Luck to your next character.

Daiken (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 02:22 AM

#6500, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #7

>I concur with your assessment of the good-aligns. I was not
>about today as I had a work commitment, perhaps it would
>have been slightly different. I am sorry to see you go, I'll
>probably be alone most of the time now.

Why? I've been doing some long stints right now as Daiken and for the majority of the time, I'm the lone hero range scion with a PK of 75% good aligns.

I'm just thankful for the hang-up Sylvans have with conjurers, or else there would have been no limitation to the 10 on 1 I _could_ see.

Thelleneor, Sarmb(neutral), Shimandar, Arharah, Sahannara(neutral), Sharukin, Danical, Kerikorlian, Solamnus, Danclavien, Lintronea, Aylsrith (and a few that i can't remember the names of, elf invokers and the likes)

I don't know what goes on in the other parts of the day so you could be referring to those times.

Thelleneor (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 02:26 AM

#6503, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #9

I believe that Kerikorlian is referring to the disappearing act that happens whenever Dullameh makes a showing, and to a lesser extend, Krivohan. Yes, I've seen you in situations where you are fairly outnumbered, but what you fail to understand is that most of those people do not necessarily work together, and when they do, it's not as synchronised as if you were in the same cabal.

I don't recall being in a raid against the chasm where it's only you and we're hunting you, and although you and I have had a couple of fights one on one, I've also fought you when you had Somna, Adrigondra, Dwoggurd flanking you, while I was basically alone.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 11:40 AM

#6504, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #10

Indeed, trust me, no one was more disappointed that often-times you or Zymos or what have you were the only evils around then *me*. I hate being the only guy fighting back a horde, so I sympathize with you somewhat, though...I don't feel abhorrently bad about it since you're one of the single most survivable classes in the game. Basic summary:

Lot of evils vs. one goodie = bad thing.
Lots of goodies vs. one evil = bad thing.
Lots of warlocks quitting out when Dullameh logs in = bad thing. (I can't say Marans because we were quite few and far apart).
Lots of scions logging out because Dullameh quits = bad thing.
Lots of evils vs. lots of goodies, even terms where skill gets put to the test, or solo evil vs. goodie = great thing.

Its a game, and I will never understand what the point of having good gear is if you don't risk losing it by *using* it.

Death_Claw/Boldereth/Kerikorlian.

Sharukin (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 02:50 AM

#6501, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #9

The thing is, if you look at that list, you will notice its not one coherent mass of goodies playing against the scions. The presence of Danclavien alone divides the list in two masses that not only refuse to cooperate, but indeed fight each other bitterly. Lintronea for instance rather prefers to walk with warlocks than sylvans, and sylvans quite happily turn on warlocks, even in the presence of scions.

Btw, I've had my fair share of being alone against a hoard of scions, as I am sure everyone else in that list. It probably has to do with time of day (and the lich/krivohan effect).

Daiken (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 03:20 AM

#6502, "Which would be why i said ..."
In response to Reply #11

I'm just thankful for the hang-up Sylvans have with conjurers, or else there would have been no limitation to the 10 on 1 I _could_ see.

Deloit (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 06:46 AM

#6499, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #7

And apart from killing me when I was reclothing, you have always banged my single mage butt. Even when you waited for me to reconnect some 3-4 minutes when my ISP went mental. Would be a real change for me to see you alone.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Sun 12-May-02 11:49 PM

#6505, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #0

Unequivocally, without a doubt, this character had the greatest disappointment. Unfortunatley, after spending a few weeks at the hero ranks, I slowly began to lose respect for my allies and foes. If you're a warlock, you fight, if you're a maran, you fight, you don't log out and leave real players to go out like that. Either way, that's my minor rant. I had envisioned at the rollup of this character, grand explorations and massive goodie vs. massive Scion squads going at it. Instead of that, I often found several goodies hunting one evil or the reverse. It was disgusting, it wasn't coincidental, and its pathetic. As far as the Maran roleplay, I love it, and was hoping to open further into it. My role will come shortly, its at work unfortunately, as will my description. Here's my goodbyes:

------

Immortals :

Shokai : You were great the two times I spoke with you. I tried praying to you several several times after being inducted, attempting to broaden my roleplay, maybe even get Talon or a tattoo. Alas, nothing seemed to come of that, and its unfortunate. The amount of researching and planning that went into Kerikorlian Avante Desriadius, of the House of Gilthanevor, Knight of the Galadonian Order, Avowed of the Phoenix, Maran, was quite in depth, though from our interview you may have mistaken me for someone I wasn't.

Johan : I liked you.

-----
Maran :

Tylinn : You were outstanding, consistant, and all around well played.

Thelleneor: I liked you, though had a few qualms with your impatience. Aside from my last day before deletion, where I berserked when I saw, at a standard "Goodie playing time" all evils/neutrals and no goodies to be found. In my disgust I failed to listen to my own advice, and you can see that it led me here. My ratio got undone, I think I died six or so times if not more.

Aliera : Where?

Puelvelol : I liked your character, but it slightly annoyed me that you'd "blitz" in once or twice a month and instantly demand my attention. Having carried the torch solo, I was unaccustomed to being ordered around by someone who I hadn't experienced actually fight anyone since I was rank 27.

Drindorlin : Where?

Lorimar : Where? You people were all great, if you would've been around life would've been better.

-----

Scions :

Krivohan : Strong, yet you still bothered me since I can't ever recall you, after having complained that "only multiple foes simultaneously posed any challenge", having even made an *attempt* at solo combat. That shawtaby fight was interesting.

Dullameh: I don't know how you deal with it. As a player, you must be annoyed as hell at the lack of challenge that comes with having little puppies click at your heel and following you about. Maybe its a Scion thing, but personally it would bother me.

Nauamjair : I think your experiment to "prove how nasty drow AP's are" didn't quite work out.

Various others : *shrug*

--------

Village:

One thing I have to say to *all* villagers, evil/neutral, was that you guys were always toughing it out. Such inspiration and dedication just gives me the intense desire to roll up a Berserker. Well done all. Honorable mentions go to Rieger, Thralkoz, Diraric, Tobeldest and Shamus.

--------

Entropy :

Ransleyr : I never really understood how you were entropy, but you sure were good to have around.

Samtuka : I liked you, and I never knew why.

--------

Nexus :

Nydeikon : I highly respected you for many reasons, hopefully you aren't as near to age-death as I've heard.

Its late, I'm sure I'm missing at least fifteen people, but I'll never know unless you reply.

On a sidenote: That automated-quest you guys always caught me involved in is going to give me a brain aneurism.

KrivohanMon 13-May-02 12:03 AM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#6514, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

The frustration you have I understand perfectly well, sorry it got to you. Well I'll see you in the next lifetime. All I can say is don't believe the forum hype. It is amazing how many people read something on a forum and take it for law. As for the rest of your comments I'll address them when I age-die/con-die. Until then you'll have to wait to get the rest of the story.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 12:18 AM

#6515, "It was a few things."
In response to Reply #2

Not just the odds and cowardice that got to me, alot of it had to do with my roleplay seeing no real recognition and a lack of enjoying my tact-set with a shield paladin. I usually like things that can either hide/camo/etc. or things that can lag. Paladins are beasts, its the only character I've ever lost connection while battling three shifters and a bard and logged back in not dead. However it is insanely annoying to go around whipping butt for a few hours only to die to someone who *can* keep you in combat, with no kills under your belt. No offense, but if you die to a solo non-ehren Paladin without extenuating circumstances, 99% of the time you supremely screwed up. Most of my foes simply walked away and teleported if I was hurting them more then me, and their roleplay allowed them to leave their allies to die or simply run away when I was around. I wasn't afforded that option, but it would've been fine if I had some backing from allies. As it was I'd be charging in solo most of the time against two or three opponents, knowing there was no way I could land the kill. Its a great class, but it isn't my style.

Bethrella (Guest)Wed 15-May-02 09:25 PM

#6516, "Well done, very well done."
In response to Reply #3

You stood your ground well.
Many paladins had herod when I was in a xp hole at 47.
I hardly had respect for any.
But you, Well I did, me and Quoquar had a discussion.
About you and you sure were a nice prospect to his life and roleplay.
Was nice to see an active maran, go around hunt, It seeks you did it well.
Luck in the next, hopefully it will come along the same lines.....

Bethrella

Kerikorlian (Guest)Wed 15-May-02 11:33 PM

#6522, "Thanks a lot."
In response to Reply #20

However...well, my next is somewhat of a role reversal. Not entirely, but I decided to roll a character with very loose interpretations of morals and integrity. Always good to do the opposite of usual once in a while to get the juices flowing. Thanks for the comments though.

Death_Claw

Quoquar (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 04:55 AM

#6517, "RE: Well done, very well done."
In response to Reply #20

Quoquar -3 kilos

I dont really agree with Bethrella.Cariatid would flay me dead but both of us did not think you made a very good paladin.However I thought you were a newbie and so did not take offence.*As if I could*
And Surprise surprise a Baron healer eh.

But you were fun to be around with and Man those three strikes made a lot of difference.I never knew Paladins could hit so hard.I consider them the weakest of all Empowered chars until you came along.

So I guess credit goes to you eh for openining my eyes.Eh.
No offense mate but you make a better healer,and I,a better AntiPaladin than a half sucked "redemmed" specless warrior.

P.S. Thanks for helping me roll up my first hero.Though cant force myself to do what I should have done a long time ago.Delete

See you,that is,if ever I manage to get back to civilization.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 06:39 AM

#6519, "I'm rather confused."
In response to Reply #24

I dont really agree with Bethrella.Cariatid would flay me dead but both of us did not think you made a very good paladin.However I thought you were a newbie and so did not take offence.*As if I could*
And Surprise surprise a Baron healer eh.

-Baron healer? Cariatid? Not really sure what you mean, I believe I geared Cariatid (a complete stranger), only because Kerikorlian was trying to show his support for the whole "embraced by the surface" thing.

But you were fun to be around with and Man those three strikes made a lot of difference.I never knew Paladins could hit so hard.I consider them the weakest of all Empowered chars until you came along.

-Still don't know what you're referring to, I don't believe we ever traveled and actually *fought* anything.

So I guess credit goes to you eh for openining my eyes.Eh.
No offense mate but you make a better healer,and I,a better AntiPaladin than a half sucked "redemmed" specless warrior.

- Still not sure what you mean, perhaps you're confusing me with someone else. I've never played a healer, and Kerikorlian was much into mass-healing his group or playing the part *of* a healer, might you clarify this?

P.S. Thanks for helping me roll up my first hero.Though cant force myself to do what I should have done a long time ago.Delete

-Say what?

See you,that is,if ever I manage to get back to civilization.

-My apologies, but I really can't understand what you meant...I mean, I pop up before you through a gate using a talisman of exploration, was usually pretty stacked, two sets of great virtues and in Maran...and you assume I'm a newbie? I'm rather lost *frown*, think you may have confused me with another.

Cariatid (Guest)Sun 26-May-02 02:10 PM

#6520, "RE: I'm rather confused."
In response to Reply #25

I believe Quoquar is speaking of another paladin whose name I will not mention. Personally, I thought Kerikorlian was a great paladin (based on brief meetings) because of his willingness to help Quoquar. (I will post more on this in Quoquar's goodbyes) I'm trying to think of when you geared me, and am coming up with nothing though. Ah well, sad to see another paladin go.

Death_ClawMon 27-May-02 02:03 AM
103 posts
#6521, "Maybe it was Claustren?"
In response to Reply #26

Hard to remember, got one of ya's a prayer beads and some dragon eq and a few other things I recall. Wasn't a full set or anything however. Was a while back, I could just be on crack *shrug*.

Bethrella (Guest)Mon 27-May-02 08:54 AM

#6518, "Obviously he is confused"
In response to Reply #24

Newbie ?

Quoquar ? Where are you ? I hate the was you just broke of *civilisation*
Agreed we have a life beyond mud..... but.... !!!
anyways I am sure he is a little confused

After all you did do a good job....

Bethrella

Nydeikon (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 01:02 AM

#6513, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

Aargh, that really is a disappointment. You were one of the few Marans in a long time that I respected, you always stuck it out and I knew very early on that you would be a kickass Maran. I happen to think you did a very good job from what I saw, thanks for the interactions.

That Whil guy.

And as for the age death...well lets just say that only time can tell.

Phounye (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 01:15 AM

#6512, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

Well our meeting were short. I came to your aid as fast as I could. Stop dying so much. That lich is partially immuned to me now. That last death must of been at the Woodland Trail. Anyway good luck in the future.

DullamehMon 13-May-02 01:29 AM
11 posts
#6511, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

It gets annoying at times to have justa bout *everyone* on your side and wanting in on your business or whatever you're trying to do. I'm not going to say much more about this until after I delete for various reasons, but anyway...

I liked Kerikorlian. I figured you were going to delete tonight after we got you on the way back from raiding the fortress, not because we got you, but because you were there, and I knew you were smarter than that considering the circumstances. You may have noticed my attempt to talk you out of deleting near the end. I respected you as opposition, and it's too bad you had to go.

Hope you enjoy your next character more.

Dieca (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 02:08 AM

#6510, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

Didnt talk to you much in the higher ranks but I really enjoyed the times we adventured...

Will miss ya, good luck with the next, well played etc...

/Dieca

Ugly Orc (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 08:06 AM

#6508, "SWARM! SWARM! (log inside)"
In response to Reply #1

You were a tough cookie to break and it took the horde to do it. Paladins are just disgusting. Not to put down your feelings but if you think life is "difficult" or "tough" or whatever, play an orc and try to fight a shield spec paladin. That "bash resistance shield thing" you get automatically guarantees the orc is going to be taking an Oblit wrath through stoneskin and shield (which happened to me a lot). Add on to that your essenses and such including that crap counter which turns your attack into three or four attacks against the attacker and your bash dodge, I truely don't think you have much to complain about, but again I have not played a paladin lately.

See the log of the overrun skill of which I still don't know what it does because the help file says you should be at the mercy of the orc leading the horde but you just died, if you could help from your side that would be great. As to my attempts to spinebreak, I truely didn't know what I was doing because my bashes were usually dodged by you and the other orc already grappled, I guess I should have crushing assaulted or headbutted but whatever, live and learn.

First is log of just a fight:

Kerikorlian yells 'Help! I am being attacked by a tusked walrus!'

<1242hp 471m 636mv 34717tnl> s
The River Erinin

(Translucent) a tusked walrus is here, fighting Kerikorlian.
(White Aura) Kerikorlian is here, fighting a tusked walrus.
Pagrenhar has arrived.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> bb
Reacting quickly Kerikorlian avoids your bash.
Kerikorlian's searing light hits a tusked walrus.
Kerikorlian's searing light injures a tusked walrus.
Kerikorlian's necklace of prayer beads shines a bright white momentarily.
Kerikorlian's dispel evil wounds a tusked walrus.
A tusked walrus's pound EVISCERATES Kerikorlian!
A tusked walrus's pound mauls Kerikorlian.
Kerikorlian parries your cleave.
Reacting quickly Kerikorlian avoids your attack.
Kerikorlian has a few scratches.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl>
The Nightwalker has arrived.
Kerikorlian yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'

A tusked walrus gores Kerikorlian with his tusks.
A tusked walrus's goring tusks maims Kerikorlian!
A tusked walrus's goring tusks maims Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian has some small but disgusting cuts.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> ba
Pagrenhar's stab mauls Kerikorlian.
A tusked walrus's pound DISMEMBERS Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian deflects your cleave with his shield.
Kerikorlian is covered with bleeding wounds.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> bash

Kerikorlian's searing light injures a tusked walrus.
Your cleave decimates Kerikorlian!
Your frigid chop mauls Kerikorlian.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> Reacting quickly Kerikorlian avoids your bash.

Sylkorian looks at Kerikorlian.

Kerikorlian starts aiming at Pagrenhar.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> crush
The Nightwalker's claw wounds Kerikorlian.
Kerikorlian's searing light *** DEMOLISHES *** Pagrenhar!
Kerikorlian's searing light *** DEMOLISHES *** Pagrenhar!
Kerikorlian's necklace of prayer beads shines a bright white momentarily.
Kerikorlian's dispel evil *** DEVASTATES *** Pagrenhar!
A tusked walrus's pound maims Kerikorlian!
A tusked walrus's pound maims Kerikorlian!
Your cleave maims Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian parries your frigid chop.
Kerikorlian is gushing blood.

<1242hp 471m 630mv 34717tnl> crush

Kerikorlian closes his eyes with a look of concentration for a moment.
Kerikorlian disappears.

**You got aaway here when most people would have already been dead**

Another Log with the swarm of the Horde
<1242hp 471m 679mv 34717tnl> n
hThe Dairein Crossroads

(White Aura) Kerikorlian is here.
Pagrenhar has arrived.
Vrudish the Orc Captain has arrived.
A Grinning Skull berserker has arrived.
A goblin raider has arrived.
A kobold slave has arrived.
A kobold slave has arrived.
Horak has arrived.
A savage orc has arrived.

<1242hp 471m 678mv 34717tnl> hunt
Sensing Horak's attack, Kerikorlian places his a shield of pure light in the way and returns a counter strike!
Kerikorlian's crush MUTILATES Horak!
Kerikorlian's crush EVISCERATES Horak!
Kerikorlian yells 'Help! Horak just attacked me!'

<1242hp 471m 678mv 34717tnl> hunt ker
Horak fades into existence.
Pagrenhar fades into existence.
You fade into existence.
Kerikorlian's crush misses Horak.
Kerikorlian's crush maims Horak!
Kerikorlian strikes Horak with the edge of a shield of pure light.
Kerikorlian's shield jab decimates Horak!
Kerikorlian is in perfect health.

<1242hp 471m 678mv 34717tnl>
spine
You attempt to break Kerikorlian's spine over your knee, but you fail!
Your spinebreaker misses Kerikorlian.
WANTED TO SPINE BEFORE FIGHT TO DEMORALIZE ETC.

A savage orc rescues Horak!

Horak's chop mauls Kerikorlian.
A kobold slave screams and attacks Kerikorlian!
A kobold slave screams and attacks Kerikorlian!
A goblin raider screams and attacks Kerikorlian!
A goblin raider's kicked dirt misses Kerikorlian.
A Grinning Skull berserker screams and attacks Kerikorlian!
A Grinning Skull berserker gets a wild look in his eyes.
Vrudish the Orc Captain screams and attacks Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian's crush MASSACRES a savage orc!

Pagrenhar's bash misses Kerikorlian.
Pagrenhar falls flat on his face.

<1242hp 471m 678mv 34717tnl> overrun

Daiken closes his eyes for a moment and nods at Horak.

<1242hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl>
A goblin raider's kicked dirt misses Kerikorlian.
Vrudish the Orc Captain gets a wild look in his eyes.
Horak's chop devastates Kerikorlian!
Horak's flaming bite roasts Kerikorlian.
Bright silvery-white flames flare brightly across Kerikorlian's wounds.
Kerikorlian's crush MANGLES a savage orc!
Kerikorlian strikes a savage orc with the edge of a shield of pure light.
Kerikorlian's shield jab EVISCERATES a savage orc!

Frothing at the mouth, Horak bounds at Thelleneor!

Kerikorlian is blinded by the dirt in his eyes!
A Grinning Skull berserker's kicked dirt scratches Kerikorlian.

Kerikorlian stretches out his hand towards the heavens.
Kerikorlian utters a word of divine power!
Kerikorlian stretches out his hand and places it upon Thelleneor's head.
Thelleneor gets a wild look in his eyes!
Daiken yells 'Die, Kerikorlian, you sorcerous dog!'
Kerikorlian's divine wrath MANGLES Daiken!
A savage orc looks very uncomfortable.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === a savage orc!
Horak looks very uncomfortable.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath *** DEMOLISHES *** Horak!
A goblin raider looks very uncomfortable.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === a goblin raider!
A goblin raider is DEAD!!
A goblin raider's fingers are sliced from his dead body.
A goblin raider stops following you.
You hear a goblin raider's death cry.
A goblin raider's arm is sliced from his dead body.
A goblin raider's eye pops out of its socket.
A goblin raider's feet are sliced from his dead body.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === a Grinning Skull berserker!
A Grinning Skull berserker looks very uncomfortable.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath *** DEVASTATES *** a Grinning Skull berserker!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === Vrudish the Orc Captain!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === Pagrenhar!
You feel unclean.
You feel hope abandon you!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath *** DEMOLISHES *** you!

<1132hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl>
Mordulak has arrived.
Horak lunges for Kerikorlian's weapon!
Horak grapples a broad-headed silver hammer with his teeth and yanks it from Kerikorlian's grasp!
A broad-headed silver hammer goes flying!
Horak's grappling mauls him.
Closing in, Horak savages Kerikorlian's face with his teeth!
Horak's savage feeding MASSACRES Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian has some small but disgusting cuts.

Mordulak leaves north.
Your cleave mauls Kerikorlian.
Horak's flaming bite roasts Kerikorlian.
Kerikorlian's punch DISMEMBERS a savage orc!
Daiken fades into existence.

Thelleneor yells 'Die, Daiken, you sorcerous dog!'
Daiken narrows his eyes and glares in Thelleneor's direction.

<1132hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> You swarm in and overwhelm Kerikorlian with numbers!
OVERRUN WHAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO?!

A Grinning Skull berserker's bash misses Kerikorlian.
A Grinning Skull berserker falls flat on his face.
Your cleave MUTILATES Kerikorlian!
Thelleneor's flaming bite scalds Daiken!
Horak's flaming bite burns Kerikorlian.
Horak's flaming bite burns Kerikorlian.
A savage orc's stab mauls Kerikorlian.

Mordulak has arrived.

<1132hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> spin
Shora has arrived.
Mordulak puts a charred leather bracer in a cowhide knapsack.
Mordulak puts a potion of return in a cowhide knapsack.
Mordulak puts a canoe in a cowhide knapsack.
Mordulak puts leggings of mithril chain mesh in a cowhide knapsack.

<1132hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> spine

Mordulak gets a potion of return from a cowhide knapsack.

<1132hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> You attempt to break Kerikorlian's spine over your knee, but you fail!
Your spinebreaker misses Kerikorlian.
Kerikorlian stretches out his hand towards the heavens.
Kerikorlian utters a word of divine power!
The gods protect Shora from Kerikorlian.
The gods protect Mordulak from Kerikorlian.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath MASSACRES Daiken!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === a savage orc!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath *** DEMOLISHES *** Horak!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === Vrudish the Orc Captain!
Pagrenhar looks very uncomfortable.
Kerikorlian's divine wrath === OBLITERATES === Pagrenhar!
You feel hope abandon you!
Kerikorlian's divine wrath *** DEMOLISHES *** you!

<1026hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl>
Your cleave devastates Kerikorlian!
Pagrenhar gets a wild look in his eyes.
A savage orc gets a wild look in his eyes.

A savage orc presses Kerikorlian forcibly, bearing down on him!
Closing in, a savage orc savages Kerikorlian's face with his teeth!
A savage orc's savage feeding EVISCERATES Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian appears momentarily stunned as shock sets in!

Mordulak gets a potion of return from a cowhide knapsack.

A Grinning Skull berserker's stab injures Kerikorlian.
Horak's chop decimates Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian strikes a savage orc with the edge of a shield of pure light.
Kerikorlian's shield jab EVISCERATES a savage orc!

A savage orc rescues Horak!

Closing in, Pagrenhar savages Kerikorlian's face with his teeth!
Pagrenhar's savage feeding EVISCERATES Kerikorlian!
Pagrenhar's bash misses Kerikorlian.
Pagrenhar falls flat on his face.

Kerikorlian narrows his eyes and glares in a savage orc's direction.

Kerikorlian's punch MANGLES a savage orc!
Kerikorlian's punch MASSACRES a savage orc!
Kerikorlian's punch MANGLES a savage orc!
A savage orc is DEAD!!
A savage orc's head is shattered, and his brains splash all over you.
Kerikorlian is writhing in agony.

Shora gets a rusted chain-linked vest from the corpse of a savage orc.
Shora gets a stone-tipped spear from the corpse of a savage orc.
Shora gets 8 copper coins from the corpse of a savage orc.

<1026hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> ba
Kerikorlian narrows his eyes and glares in Daiken's direction.
Kerikorlian's heavenly wrath EVISCERATES Daiken!
A Grinning Skull berserker's bash misses Kerikorlian.
A Grinning Skull berserker falls flat on his face.
Kerikorlian maneuvers his shield in front of Vrudish the Orc Captain as he slams into Kerikorlian with a
powerful bash.
Vrudish the Orc Captain's bash grazes Kerikorlian.
Seizing upon a moment of weakness, you kick Kerikorlian while he's down!
With your decisive kick you drive the spike of your boot into your foe!
Your vicious attack mauls Kerikorlian.
Vrudish the Orc Captain's slash maims Kerikorlian!
Kerikorlian's punch wounds Daiken.
Kerikorlian's punch mauls Daiken.

<1026hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl> bash
Reacting quickly Kerikorlian avoids your bash.

You can't see a thing!
Someone's kicked dirt scratches you.
You yell 'Someone just kicked dirt in my eyes!'
Someone is writhing in agony.

<1025hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl>
Someone narrows its eyes and glares in someone's direction.
Someone is writhing in agony.

<1025hp 471m 729mv 34717tnl>
Someone's stab hits someone.
Someone's slash maims someone!
Your cleave MUTILATES someone!
Your cleave devastates someone!
Someone's stab mauls someone.
Someone is DEAD!!

Anyway most people would have been dead weeks ago.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 11:36 AM

#6509, "Well, consider it in these terms."
In response to Reply #14

Paladins are beasts. So are two orcs and a healer mind you, yet you *never* had to stick around if I caught you solo. As for Thelleneor, I never cared if I died..I was disappointed that *they didn't* *wink*. Gear meant ##### to me, because I could literally toss on some midnight gear, some decent neckware, grab a shield of pure light, make a weapon and request a spare, and get two silverset malachites and poof. In about thirty minutes I was able to survive and dish out. Granted, when I was stacked life was nice...mostly just because a insta-request gear didn't cover my saves well enough and that disappointed me...However, death wasn't really a bad thing. Except the last day, my deaths weren't far too numerous (except perhaps when I was lowbie waiting for empowerment). Not complaining Paladins are a "weak" class by far, they're insanely tough, however, they just aren't my style. I like killing people, not weakening gangbangs. As for why I didn't support Thelleneor with sanc, frenzy, and the works, its because it would simply take too long and drop my mana too low. I ran into most fights with about 130 mana because it took about 600 to get all of my short-lived supplications up, and paladins regen pretty slow.

You may also note Gramoti...that Horak was healing me the whole fight .

Tylinn (Guest)Mon 13-May-02 11:50 AM

#6507, "well you have to go some time."
In response to Reply #1

It was fun having you around, and it was fun exploring with you. That trap in veran was friggin nasty, but hey that's something you don't do again. *chuckle* I'm hoping to be back in Maran ranks again soon, but hey you never know if you'll make it or not. I agree the side switching is sickening, and that's part of the reason I got fed up with Tylinn. I'm trying to make something now that will wade through the worthless side switchers, make them delete so they'll pick one side hopefully. Too bad you never hung out with me and acallsho much, we had most of the areas at least breached if not explored well .

good luck on your next

Tylinn

Vomalice (Guest)Thu 16-May-02 09:03 AM

#6506, "RE: (DEL) Kerikorlian the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

I find all your banter in regards to no-one fighting you, comical.
My encounters with you were all solo, and you always had someone with you. During raids, ect. few times i saw you on the seas you were gone by the time I shifted and looked about again...

If you want solo fights...then do it. Go fight. People arent going to come to you, sitting in your guild.

As far as Dullameh is concerned, he is fun to watch and see in battle. He attacks groups, and if people follow him around....well, good for him. He makes playing fun.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6494 Previous topic | Next topic