Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Arkuss the Master of Owaza, Imperia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64265
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Dec-07 04:56 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2024
16816 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64265, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Arkuss the Master of Owaza, Imperial Shadow"

Mon Dec 17 15:52:48 2007

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Arkuss perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:231

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh, my dear., Eoria (Guest), 18-Dec-07 07:52 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Arkuss the Master of Owaza, Imp..., Nolyek (Guest), 17-Dec-07 07:04 PM, #4
Reply Ah Effin Maces, Enigmatic (Guest), 17-Dec-07 07:23 PM, #5
Reply Well, that's that., Enigmatic (Guest), 17-Dec-07 05:27 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, that's that., That Imm (Guest), 17-Dec-07 05:36 PM, #2
     Reply Thanks again, Enigmatic (Guest), 17-Dec-07 06:20 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well, that's that., Aubrei (Guest), 17-Dec-07 07:59 PM, #6
     Reply Argh, one of my "rocks" is gone!, Zridv (Guest), 17-Dec-07 11:29 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Argh, one of my, Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 09:06 AM, #12
     Reply Good and Bad, Aleksha (Guest), 18-Dec-07 12:21 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Good and Bad, Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 09:09 AM, #13
          Reply I was curious about something too, Dejek (Guest), 18-Dec-07 10:36 AM, #16
               Reply As far as I remember..., Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 01:02 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: As far as I remember..., Daurwyn2 (Guest), 18-Dec-07 01:24 PM, #20
                         Reply RE: As far as I remember..., Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 02:41 PM, #21
     Reply Get resist lightning, its easy and quick to get nt, Dervish, 18-Dec-07 03:55 AM, #9
     Reply Oh, crap, yeah..., Aleksha (Guest), 18-Dec-07 08:42 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Well, that's that., Chirikaw (Guest), 18-Dec-07 06:40 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Well, that's that., Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 09:12 AM, #14
     Reply Hey Ho!, Dungard (Guest), 18-Dec-07 08:13 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Hey Ho!, Enigmatic (Guest), 18-Dec-07 09:17 AM, #15
          Reply not so much that, Dungard (Guest), 18-Dec-07 03:26 PM, #22
     Reply Nice Job, Kastellyn, 18-Dec-07 11:07 AM, #17
     Reply Dang., Lechlerr (Guest), 18-Dec-07 01:03 PM, #19

Eoria (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 07:52 PM

#64337, "Oh, my dear."
In response to Reply #0

Empire:
Some of you impressed me from the second I oathed. Some of you just plain are horrible. Enough said. Same as ever cabal I've ever seen.

I hope I fall into the first category. I don't know.. you were so solid both in pk and rp that I find hard to belive it was first assassin. Anywell, great character, I just loved it. We had some nice battles when you went into hero range, especialy that assassinate at the fortress. Sorry I was unable to make you Elite shadow but you deserved it for sure.

Though sometimes I thought you speak way to much for the shadow

Nolyek (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 07:04 PM

#64272, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Arkuss the Master of Owaza, Imp..."
In response to Reply #0

From what I've seen you had some balls. Definitely willing to hang around the Fortress when we had the Codex no matter how many of us were there to defend.

Good job on that and good luck with the next!

Enigmatic (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 07:23 PM

#64273, "Ah Effin Maces"
In response to Reply #4

I can honestly say you were one of the only warriors that made me think "Oh hell" whenever I might have to fight you. Good show. Everytime I hit you, all I'd be thinking was "Please don't drum, please don't drum" or "Break his *#&$@(% wrist!" And then I would break your wrist, and shoulder... and the maces were elven! BLEH!

Thanks for the post.

Enigmatic (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 05:27 PM

#64267, "Well, that's that."
In response to Reply #0

It was a fun run. First assassin. First Imperial. First Evil. First lawful. Assassin class is definately something I'll play again.

I went towerds the die-hard Imperial side of roleplay. I wasn't trying to backstab basiclly anyone in the Empire, and whatever problems I had were handled via chain-of-command, or just plain ignored. Had quite a few Blades try to pick up Arkuss to do their dirty work and try to boss him about a little bit. Couple of times even the Empress said I didn't have to listen to them, but... I generally did if I was already planning on doing it anyways, otherwise Blades were completely ignored. I had VERY little interaction with Black Sect, and the bit that I did have was take it or leave it as far as adding to the character.

Tried my hardest not to step down from raids/retreivals for -any- reason, though invokers definately made me hang back a little bit. Got off a good number of assassinates. Didn't play with Marital Trance a lot. Had a bit of bad luck with thieves... though mostly RP wise because the few I managed to run into either didn't RP or let their attitudes float over into the characters. Meh.

Other than that, I don't have goodbyes. Post and I'll post back if I have anything to say that's constructive.

Empire:
Some of you impressed me from the second I oathed. Some of you just plain are horrible. Enough said. Same as ever cabal I've ever seen.

I logged just about all of Arkuss' life, so I'll be sure to put some up on the log page as soon as I get around to it.

Invokers, by the way, suck. I hate invokers. I'll likely never play a cabaled Arial again. Probably... 12 or so of my deaths were just because a handful of invokers could kill me with one or two spells without breaking a sweat. Heh.

Whichever Imm did the little immteraction bit when I con-died, thanks, it was neat to see. Hope I didn't disapoint.

My only other notable-to-me character was Myrakie.

See you in the Fields.

That Imm (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 05:36 PM

#64268, "RE: Well, that's that."
In response to Reply #1

I could kind of tell this was your first assassin.

I spent a bit watching arkuss to see how he'd live out his last bits of con. I understood you being choosy about your fights when you're sitting with 3 deaths left. All I can say is I hope you enjoyed the interaction at the pit there. I know I did. I prolly coulda stayed quiet, but I thought it'd be cool for you. Sorry for the anonymity, but I don't technically have an imm persona yet.

For future reference once you age/con die, just quitting is all ya gotta do.

Enigmatic (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 06:20 PM

#64269, "Thanks again"
In response to Reply #2

Totally understandable. Glad that you had fun with the interaction, I know I did. I struggled A LOT with this character, but I feel like I learned a lot, and I am looking forward to my next. Thanks so much again. Little interaction like that definately picked up my mood when I was feeling a little down about losing the character.

Aubrei (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 07:59 PM

#64274, "RE: Well, that's that."
In response to Reply #1

I never got a free kill off your arial ass. Sad

Zridv (Guest)Mon 17-Dec-07 11:29 PM

#64276, "Argh, one of my "rocks" is gone!"
In response to Reply #1

By that statement I mean to say that you were always a "steady" presence for me. I was beginning to wonder why you weren't around as much, and now I know. We are a weak cabal right now, and there aren't many stepping up to the plate, and a few deleting on us. Anyway, I'll try and share more of my thoughts about assassins and such when i'm gone. I think you did a great job as Arkuss aside from some of the things you said, and how you said it. I must admit, there were a few times I thought of asking for your demotion, but most of the time you were the ONLY Imperial I could count on to be there with me. Anyway, good job and good luck.

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 09:06 AM

#64289, "RE: Argh, one of my"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for the feedback. Incase it wasn't obvious, Arkuss was Pride sphere. I know there was a few times that I was wincing as I was rping because I assumed I was going to get demoted for being a smart ass and not admitting my mistakes. There were a few times that you told me to be somewhere that just didn't make sense as far as there were roomspellers about and it didn't make sense to Arkuss to stand somewhere with you and get brought down as well. FIREBALLS! God I hated that invoker. I did my best, however, not to stand down out of a lot of fights, regardless. If I was stalking someone when you needed me, I wasn't going to give up what I was doing and rush off RP wise. Just not the way I wanted to go with Arkuss.

Hope I didn't disapoint too badly. Your character was one of the few shadows that Arkuss got starry eyed about. Great luck in the furture.

Aleksha (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 12:21 AM

#64278, "Good and Bad"
In response to Reply #1

I liked your tenacity, but there were just some things about you that I couldn't stand.

When we fought, alone, in the woods and I took a couple of weapons and potions from your corpse, then you followed me around crying foul because I took those but left everything else, that made me dislike your character.

You were willing to show some guts, but your insistence about how wronged you were left a sout taste in my mouth.

However, with past characters, I really liked Myrakie. Good luck with your next.

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 09:09 AM

#64290, "RE: Good and Bad"
In response to Reply #8

Okay, yes. I totally lost my poise with one of our fights, and I felt that I should have apologized for being such a bitch about it, but... Hey... Pride Sphere. I couldn't. I'd JUST JUST JUST regeared before fighting you after being full looted by a couple of Nexans I'd never met before. And, after a few close calls with you, I was annoyed with Primal Vengence, and myself for not knowing when to call it a day. Again, I know I got whiney, but I really felt bad about it afterwards.

I think with Myrakie I was all about stealing return potions and weapons... Not sure I'll be doing that anytime soon after dealing with full looting and every other PK leading to my sack/girdle/bag being stolen. Heh.

Good luck!

Dejek (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 10:36 AM

#64297, "I was curious about something too"
In response to Reply #13

Lets see, I liked your character and toughness. You would definately stick it out when you knew you couldn't win till the last minute. But I was wondering if you actually did return all that gear to Pissudin, it seems like people were getting blamed for full looting when you had more then half of it in your inventory when you died. And I didn't even destroy your coins to make sure that you would return what was his. Other then that, well done and keep the characters coming. Don't worry about getting looted so much, in the end it really doesn't matter.

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 01:02 PM

#64308, "As far as I remember..."
In response to Reply #16

Yes, I did. To clarify... Full looting, to me, consists of taking everything that I can't just pick up on the ground. So when you say I had half of it in my inventory, excuse me for being less than excited that they left my sandy brown desert cloaks and my arial only mask that I could get at level 15, as well as possibly my pitchblack rings and a sword or two. Everytime I was killed by more than two people (which was actually quite a lot) they always managed to take my girdle. I had one thief that would jack me and then JUST steal my bag, and then run his brains out. So, after that happened about sixteen times in three days, I was a little less understanding about people looting me.

With my next, I'll be more laid back about it, I'm sure.

Thanks for the post. Good luck in the future. I bloody hated fighting that fox... really, hated it. But, I wasn't about run away every single time you came near me. I have a flaw where I think "maybe if I get lucky". Heh.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 01:24 PM

#64312, "RE: As far as I remember..."
In response to Reply #18

My advice to you is this:

If you don't want to get full looted, don't tell other people you are going to full loot them for taking one item that is replaceable in about 2 minutes for you, but that they cannot get themselves owing to roleplay restrictions. I don't care whether or not you knew about the restriction. We're still talking one item that you can replace in about 2 minutes.

That, in itself, guaranteed you one full looting which I otherwise would have had no interest in doing. I return pretty much everything I can't use, including the most sought after items, to everyone. But not when someone tells me that they're going to loot everything I have if they kill me. Why would I choose to return anything after that?

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 02:41 PM

#64322, "RE: As far as I remember..."
In response to Reply #20

That was Arkuss' rule, actually. Take two things for every one that was taken from him. Sorry that seems to have upset you so much. The full looting that I'm talking about were from people that I had either never, ever met before ganging me down, or from two certain thieves that would -just- knock me out, steal everything in my inv, and then be long, long gone when I woke up. If I threatened to full loot you, and you full looted me, I generally didn't bitch a whole bunch about it. I'd just take what I needed from the next corpse I made. Arkuss' role also kept him from taking anything from any corpse he didn't make, with about... 4 times that I broke that rule due to an order given, or in a raid situation. I also never full looted someone that didn't do it to me first, or that wasn't an anathema/direct order to full loot.

Ahem, and it wasn't 'if' I killed anyone. That's not how Arkuss' did things. It was 'when' I killed you.

DervishTue 18-Dec-07 03:55 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#64285, "Get resist lightning, its easy and quick to get nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Aleksha (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 08:42 PM

#64338, "Oh, crap, yeah..."
In response to Reply #9

I did feel really bad about that one call lightning. You were *almost* away from me and then I called lightning for the annihilate. I knew that had to hurt.

Chirikaw (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 06:40 AM

#64287, "RE: Well, that's that."
In response to Reply #1

For a first assassin NICE work.
In many many ways I liked Arkuss. Chiri goes the way of
you catch more flies with honey and THEN you swat them..
when they are stuck in the honey. but sometimes you
really made me want to give orders instead of suggestions.
Heh, I left off because you always took care of your business
and were out killing and dying all the time.. for the empire
I thought that might be worth the interference in my personal
affairs. I skipped the pompous "What I do is for the good of the empire if you will only see it." You play a better evil than
I ever will, and this is only your first Go you!

Good luck with your next, I have the feeling a couple of
years from now you will list your characters on a death
thread and people will be ticking them off in thier heads
going "oh yeah that guy rocked! and that one was the best
played (insert race/class) I've seen in a while" etc...
Keep having fun.

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 09:12 AM

#64291, "RE: Well, that's that."
In response to Reply #10

Same reply I left for the other Elite. A lot of things I said I was waiting for demotion, but I did my damnest not to break character to suit other people.

Thanks for the compliments.

Good luck!

Dungard (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 08:13 AM

#64288, "Hey Ho!"
In response to Reply #1

I liked my early interactions with Arkuss. Going after your groups relentlessly and crashing up against the unmovable force of Arkuss was exciting. Eventually those fights faded into being equal, and ultimately ended up being completely one sided in my direction. That was not as much fun, and I could sense your frustration (probably also at being near con death) bleeding through you're character some. The last time we talked was over that ordeal in Hamsah, and I was tooootally annoyed both IC and OOC by you're taunting. Also, thought you were incredibly weird about gear and looting. You really seemed to freak if someone took something (anything) out of you're corpse.

But as I said, other than that, I liked my interactions with Arkuss. You were someone willing to mix it up, and did so with RP to boot. Solid character that I'll miss having around.

Enigmatic (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 09:17 AM

#64292, "RE: Hey Ho!"
In response to Reply #11

I loved the earlier fights with you. Then I started getting beat around pretty badly and then remembered "Hey! I'm an assassin!"
Sorry you were so disapointed that time you're talking about that I would face you. I think one of the things I said was that "You'll face me when I turn your neck around so you can see my face before you die" or something along those lines. Ahem. Again, assassin. I fought you once with martial trance and it didn't seem to make a scrap of difference, so I went back to just trying to assassinate you.

I had a lot of warriors give me a lot of attitude for not rushing out to face them head on like they were used to. Arkuss realized from about level 40 that many of the warriors I used to cut through like butter weren't going to be so easily beaten down anymore. Hence: Assassinate. I think I'd be pissed off as a warrior, too, but Arkuss' figured that he'd fight you if he missed, and he didn't really count on missing often.

Good luck! Thanks for the post.

Dungard (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 03:26 PM

#64324, "not so much that"
In response to Reply #15

It was the time when you were calling me out saying that I wouldn't fight you alone, then refusing to come out of the shadows - obviously so that you can stalk. Why would I sit around and wait when I know your stalking me? Then when I'd leave you'd be like, "See, I knew you were a chicken." I dunno - just struck me poorly is all.

Good luck with your next!

KastellynTue 18-Dec-07 11:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64299, "Nice Job"
In response to Reply #1

I liked this character's tenacity and ability to get the job done when other Imperials weren't willing to take the risk. I didn't watch too much, but every time I did, that's what I saw. Good job!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Lechlerr (Guest)Tue 18-Dec-07 01:03 PM

#64309, "Dang."
In response to Reply #1

For some reason, I could tell by speaking to you when you were pretty low level that Arkuss would be a good character to get to know. I was hoping you woulda ranked up some more so I could have another "ally" at the hero levels. Thanks for all the random info on where enemies were.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64265 Previous topic | Next topic