Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Knash the Grand Master of Changeli..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52402
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 12-Nov-06 06:28 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52402, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Knash the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sun Nov 12 17:26:03 2006

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Knash perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:227

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalnekoMon 13-Nov-06 12:57 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52426, "Since I already posted why I deleted I'll just cover my..."
In response to Reply #0

...focii and a bit of the char. I rolled up Knash as an Offense/Offense shifter from the get-go. The reasons for this were written up in my role and I'd like to thank the IMMs for the various xp bonuses I got during the course of the character's life despite me failing to completely fulfill the spirit of the role. I guess I didn't have it in me OOCly to be as evil as necessary.

I also want to tell Cyradia my bad about our little interaction. It was my first time trying to do the religious folower role and I failed miserably. You sure are right in saying that your religion isn't for newbies. But I had to try anyways. One day once I get a better handle on it I'll try again. Scarab looks interesting.

I pretty much enjoyed my forms up until 4th tier. Also after having read various posts regarding Offense shifters I thought this combo would completely suck. Hah. Far from it. There were many times when I had to solo it to rank myself and let me say that it wasn't as bad as some people let on. Though it might've been with the forms I had: Mountain Goat -> Black Bear -> Boar -> Wolf -> Alligator -> Panther.

Boar by far was my favourite form. Even over wolf. I didn't have any luck with the wolf's dodge except when I was solo ranking hooded mobs that only did two attacks per round at the most. I prefered boar's damage redux and stronger attacks by far. Which I guess was one reason I was annoyed when I first got the alligator.

What can I say about the gator that hasn't already been said on the Gameplay forum? I just couldn't believe how freaking slow it was. One attack per round and Bite command attack comes with a three round lag with no bleeding, lagging, or any other effect to make it worth it. Maybe the command bite could lag foes like a bash/bearcharge to make up for the lag? Now don't get me wrong, gator is a nice form. If you play it as Utility. Marshblend, fire resistant, damage redux, regen, and amphibious. Offense-wise it pretty much sucks, imho. Especially when I read logs of the cobra (which is a utility form) doing the same damage output but regening faster and being able to poison. Maybe if it did DEVAS/OBLITS instead of DEMOS/DEVAS. At least when it's on it's own. When I was grouped with others it was better since I had someone else to throw in extra attacks and lag the person with trips or what not. Oh yeah, I liked the Marshblend but it would've been nice if it worked in the Valley of Veran as well. Or wherever Marshdweller rangers are able to use swarm of leeches.

Once I got panther though it was gold. Did more damage on average than the gator, dodge ability is nice, causes bleeding, and attacks tendons. Since I only knew sources of aura it was pretty nice. A lot better offense than the gator. However by this point (got gator at 44 and got panther at 50) I was out of the character. I was too much of a chicken OOCly to really mix it up in PK with multiple foes since I'm suppose to be attacking anything that moves in my range once I hit hero. I was really hoping I got ram though. Ah well, that's how the RNG rolls. Third hero, second shifter and probably my last shifter for a while.

Previous chars on the Battlefields: Nixhar, Nyango, Yanisalon, Martz.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52402 Previous topic | Next topic