Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Knash the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=52402
52402, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Knash the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 12 17:26:03 2006

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Knash perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:227
52426, Since I already posted why I deleted I'll just cover my...
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...focii and a bit of the char. I rolled up Knash as an Offense/Offense shifter from the get-go. The reasons for this were written up in my role and I'd like to thank the IMMs for the various xp bonuses I got during the course of the character's life despite me failing to completely fulfill the spirit of the role. I guess I didn't have it in me OOCly to be as evil as necessary.

I also want to tell Cyradia my bad about our little interaction. It was my first time trying to do the religious folower role and I failed miserably. You sure are right in saying that your religion isn't for newbies. But I had to try anyways. One day once I get a better handle on it I'll try again. Scarab looks interesting.

I pretty much enjoyed my forms up until 4th tier. Also after having read various posts regarding Offense shifters I thought this combo would completely suck. Hah. Far from it. There were many times when I had to solo it to rank myself and let me say that it wasn't as bad as some people let on. Though it might've been with the forms I had: Mountain Goat -> Black Bear -> Boar -> Wolf -> Alligator -> Panther.

Boar by far was my favourite form. Even over wolf. I didn't have any luck with the wolf's dodge except when I was solo ranking hooded mobs that only did two attacks per round at the most. I prefered boar's damage redux and stronger attacks by far. Which I guess was one reason I was annoyed when I first got the alligator.

What can I say about the gator that hasn't already been said on the Gameplay forum? I just couldn't believe how freaking slow it was. One attack per round and Bite command attack comes with a three round lag with no bleeding, lagging, or any other effect to make it worth it. Maybe the command bite could lag foes like a bash/bearcharge to make up for the lag? Now don't get me wrong, gator is a nice form. If you play it as Utility. Marshblend, fire resistant, damage redux, regen, and amphibious. Offense-wise it pretty much sucks, imho. Especially when I read logs of the cobra (which is a utility form) doing the same damage output but regening faster and being able to poison. Maybe if it did DEVAS/OBLITS instead of DEMOS/DEVAS. At least when it's on it's own. When I was grouped with others it was better since I had someone else to throw in extra attacks and lag the person with trips or what not. Oh yeah, I liked the Marshblend but it would've been nice if it worked in the Valley of Veran as well. Or wherever Marshdweller rangers are able to use swarm of leeches.

Once I got panther though it was gold. Did more damage on average than the gator, dodge ability is nice, causes bleeding, and attacks tendons. Since I only knew sources of aura it was pretty nice. A lot better offense than the gator. However by this point (got gator at 44 and got panther at 50) I was out of the character. I was too much of a chicken OOCly to really mix it up in PK with multiple foes since I'm suppose to be attacking anything that moves in my range once I hit hero. I was really hoping I got ram though. Ah well, that's how the RNG rolls. Third hero, second shifter and probably my last shifter for a while.

Previous chars on the Battlefields: Nixhar, Nyango, Yanisalon, Martz.