Subject: "(AUTO) [EMPIRE] Kithatha the Student of the Macalla, Sh..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49475
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 19-Jul-06 01:08 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49475, "(AUTO) [EMPIRE] Kithatha the Student of the Macalla, Sheathed Blade"

Wed Jul 19 13:05:47 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kithatha perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:119

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JagaubTue 25-Jul-06 01:09 AM
Member since 28th Oct 2003
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49539, "I didn't actually mean to just drop this character"
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to try out the new rangers for a bit, which I did. Then I felt like rolling up a new character, which I also did. I kind of forgot about Kithatha.

I wanted to try out the whole stun/use wands on people I couldn't kill straight up with Kithatha. But then I decided that stun was too unreliable at 75% and it wasn't budging with a low-int race and I didn't feel like spam practicing it and the rest of my hand skills up. But that's just one reason why I deleted.

BLOODOATHS AND DEMOTIONS:
I also felt really demotivated with the character being demoted twice for lousy reasons. Well, I can understand the time when the Empress demoted me due to an accident, but it still sucked. Getting demoted by Grurk when some guy I gave the oath to broke a law and wasn't caught by a Tribunal. Well, that sucked hard. Moreso since I was in the middle of preparing to defend the Palace when Grurk was talking over cb and then I was in the middle of a fight, defending the Palace when I was demoted. (The defense was successful and Kithatha killed one of the attackers.) But I guess it was a "special case". Well, I'll just say that being special sucks.

I'm not really sure what I should have done different to avoid that demotion. There's no way I was going to attempt to go over all the laws to each bloodoath, especially with a minotaur. Really, the laws should be visible in a place where bloodoaths can read them, not just in the throne room and academy.

WARCRIES:
Another thing that kind of killed the plan I had with this character was the G rating this game has around some immortals. I had gone sphere gluttony and as a mino I had planned to incorporate a lot of the blood ritual/rape in my character, as the helpfile implies for minotaurs. However, that soon changed in my 20s, when suddenly I noticed that my warcry added 0 hitroll. I prayed about it and had a polite discussion with an immortal, and had my warcry restored when I said I would change my warcry. My original warcry was "I'll take your women and make them scream and bleed!" I don't really see how that's inappropriate for a minotaur, especially in a game that revolves around murder. It's not like I said any curse words or even used the word "rape". I guess I just really dislike hidden, arbitrary penalties, especially when you aren't notified about it. I'd much rather just have the old standard warcry than be worried about crap like that.

I really dumbed down what the essence of my character was about due to that, which helped kill my interest in the character.

CONCLUSION:
I lost motivation in the character for various reasons. But I'm having fun with my new character, so I'll still you all around on the fields. I also guess I lied with my last farewell when I said I was going to make a powerhouse that can deal with gangs and that I'd try to immort, since a hand/axe warrior really isn't something that can deal with gangs that well in most cases. Oh, and I loved maelstrom. And pincer. Dash too. Put those three together and there's a lot of love which I enjoyed sharing with rangers, assassins and thieves. Standing in place and spamming pincer 1. is also loads of fun. Just make sure you don't have any hidden allies lurking around.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49475 Previous topic | Next topic