Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [EMPIRE] Kithatha the Student of the Macalla, Sheathed Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49475
49475, (AUTO) [EMPIRE] Kithatha the Student of the Macalla, Sheathed Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 19 13:05:47 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kithatha perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:119
49539, I didn't actually mean to just drop this character
Posted by Jagaub on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to try out the new rangers for a bit, which I did. Then I felt like rolling up a new character, which I also did. I kind of forgot about Kithatha.

I wanted to try out the whole stun/use wands on people I couldn't kill straight up with Kithatha. But then I decided that stun was too unreliable at 75% and it wasn't budging with a low-int race and I didn't feel like spam practicing it and the rest of my hand skills up. But that's just one reason why I deleted.

BLOODOATHS AND DEMOTIONS:
I also felt really demotivated with the character being demoted twice for lousy reasons. Well, I can understand the time when the Empress demoted me due to an accident, but it still sucked. Getting demoted by Grurk when some guy I gave the oath to broke a law and wasn't caught by a Tribunal. Well, that sucked hard. Moreso since I was in the middle of preparing to defend the Palace when Grurk was talking over cb and then I was in the middle of a fight, defending the Palace when I was demoted. (The defense was successful and Kithatha killed one of the attackers.) But I guess it was a "special case". Well, I'll just say that being special sucks.

I'm not really sure what I should have done different to avoid that demotion. There's no way I was going to attempt to go over all the laws to each bloodoath, especially with a minotaur. Really, the laws should be visible in a place where bloodoaths can read them, not just in the throne room and academy.

WARCRIES:
Another thing that kind of killed the plan I had with this character was the G rating this game has around some immortals. I had gone sphere gluttony and as a mino I had planned to incorporate a lot of the blood ritual/rape in my character, as the helpfile implies for minotaurs. However, that soon changed in my 20s, when suddenly I noticed that my warcry added 0 hitroll. I prayed about it and had a polite discussion with an immortal, and had my warcry restored when I said I would change my warcry. My original warcry was "I'll take your women and make them scream and bleed!" I don't really see how that's inappropriate for a minotaur, especially in a game that revolves around murder. It's not like I said any curse words or even used the word "rape". I guess I just really dislike hidden, arbitrary penalties, especially when you aren't notified about it. I'd much rather just have the old standard warcry than be worried about crap like that.

I really dumbed down what the essence of my character was about due to that, which helped kill my interest in the character.

CONCLUSION:
I lost motivation in the character for various reasons. But I'm having fun with my new character, so I'll still you all around on the fields. I also guess I lied with my last farewell when I said I was going to make a powerhouse that can deal with gangs and that I'd try to immort, since a hand/axe warrior really isn't something that can deal with gangs that well in most cases. Oh, and I loved maelstrom. And pincer. Dash too. Put those three together and there's a lot of love which I enjoyed sharing with rangers, assassins and thieves. Standing in place and spamming pincer 1. is also loads of fun. Just make sure you don't have any hidden allies lurking around.