Subject: "Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48649
Show all folders

shamanmanTue 13-Jun-06 12:45 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48649, "Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed"

Well, this char was awesome to play and I enjoyed it a lot. I rolled not knowing how to roleplay Lyristeon's religion, and I left without a slightest clue . I died a whole lot and I won a few but I blame that partially oon myself. I just didnt want to wait for the tribs to leave the city so I went in after 'em. Before I hit hero range, I did really really well. I ended up pulling off three kills with tribs flying all over me but once I hit hero range, I was already getting bored with the character and boredom + my tendencies = lots of stupid deaths. When I cracked down for the few days I was in hero range I was still able to bust some people up but boredom eats us all. On to the goodbyes

Lyristeon: Wow, I had a feeling you were always watching me which was cool. The empowerment interview was neat, the tattoo was awesome, eating Farsenyl's cookie was the best Hope I didn't let you down too much. I'm not sure what I did right or wrong, but I'm guessing some of each.

Alenysi: I had to try hard to maintain mean mawbringer-wants-to-eat- you persona. I kinda went on the Nymph eating idea ever since my empowerment interview when lyristeon told me 'Hold on, I'm eating a nymph leg' and since you were the only PC nymph, I took it out on you. I especially liked the hunt up at that palace but all of our talks were very enjoyable as well. Thanks for taking time to talk with me, it kept a lot going for me.

Muuloc: I guess I'll never know what had happened if I had given you my finger. Oh well

Caroolth: Props, respect, fear. Those are the three words I can use to describe you. You had two ways to lag me, and while I had an idea on how to block the one that isnt cranialing, I ahd no idea how to block cranialing. Thanks for always being classy. You were my favorite enemy and our talk in the cave of webs was awesome.

Kiamae and Emmot: Dying to you two didnt do it, I didnt mind dying and I didnt even mind getting looted too much, I was just bored and this last login was me just screwing around. Not sure if my rots took any casualties, know I was close on some of 'em.

Rest of trib: I hate the cabal, I was okay with most of you.

Cordango: You screamed annoying ooc I hate you personality. I dont even know what I did that ticked you off so much. Oh well, whatever.

Imperials: Didnt interact with many of you, Koshara, thanks for leaving my stuff the few times you got me.

Fort: Sansten, I wish I could have paid more attention to your speech, but I was in the middle of firefight there sorry. The rest of you provided some pretty good fights.

Other outties:

Djial, when we got together we were pretty mean.

Farsenyl: We both played like retarded monkeys today, Oh well We did pretty well usually when we got together, and I had the feeling we were always competitors.

Aeria: I liked you, we seemed to understand each other and drawn out raid on Empire was awesome. I definitely see why you're harbringer.

Nreisshe: You were IC the only person I wasn't going to turna round and try to screw up at some point. I had mad respect for you.

Gakalak: Thanks for all the rankage and get in there and do some damage

Jeril: You seem a bit new but you do pretty well and dont lose spirit, thats always very good. Keep on going.

Mesira: You shouldn't have helped out Katalilssa in the duel really came back to bite you I guess.

Katalilssa: I wanted more fights once I was on par with you in level but it never came.

Well, I'm running blanks now. I tried to be deceptive and ranked with goodies a few times. Stabbed people in the back etc, but I think I could do it better given it a second time. Shamanman going off again

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Lashel was a good enemy., Xoregh (Guest), 14-Jun-06 11:56 AM, #10
Reply I gotta hand it to you., Klemle (Guest), 14-Jun-06 11:30 AM, #9
Reply RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed, Hanzu (Guest), 14-Jun-06 12:21 AM, #8
Reply All in all, you did a good job., Lyristeon, 13-Jun-06 10:12 PM, #7
Reply Nutboy!, Jeril (Guest), 13-Jun-06 08:03 PM, #6
Reply Highly entertaining, Pyaorac (Guest), 13-Jun-06 03:42 PM, #5
Reply Ha. You Again., Djial (Guest), 13-Jun-06 03:40 PM, #4
Reply RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed, Caroolth (Guest), 13-Jun-06 02:22 PM, #2
Reply Believe it or not, I had another idea to stop it beside..., shamanman, 13-Jun-06 03:21 PM, #3
Reply RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed, Mesira (Guest), 13-Jun-06 01:51 PM, #1

Xoregh (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 11:56 AM

#48676, "Lashel was a good enemy."
In response to Reply #0

You always came at me no matter what, even if it was a bad matchup. You and your crew did get me that one time in Shadow Grove, but one on one, I think the score was 1-0 for me, I recall getting you in Galadon that one time, though we did have quite a few fights.

Another good character from you, Good Luck with the next.

Klemle (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 11:30 AM

#48675, "I gotta hand it to you."
In response to Reply #0

You rped well and you definately annoyed me on the cabal channel, but hey, it was all part of your image. Well done, wish you had kept around more.

Traps could have abounded a bit more!

Klemle

Hanzu (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 12:21 AM

#48666, "RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed"
In response to Reply #0

So you done.....it was fun beating you up eh.

LyristeonTue 13-Jun-06 10:12 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48663, "All in all, you did a good job."
In response to Reply #0

Glad you enjoyed not knowing what to do next for the religion. Those are usually the players who wind up getting the tattoo. If you are trying to please me, you aren't playing the religion to its fullest. Knowing that you left with the tattoo and not knowing what you did right or wrong for the religion is kind of funny. But, that is the way the religion is supposed to play out. Since you got the tattoo. and it doesn't happen very often, feel free to email me if you have any questions in particular for me to answer. lyristeon@carrionfields.com

Jeril (Guest)Tue 13-Jun-06 08:03 PM

#48661, "Nutboy!"
In response to Reply #0

Playing the socially inept rube Jeril was uncomfortable around you, but he knew you could show him a few things. Given your penchant for charging into the maw of death, I learned how to be prudent in my use of autoassist. Mad fun, lots of excitement, and I look forward to your next character.

Pyaorac (Guest)Tue 13-Jun-06 03:42 PM

#48657, "Highly entertaining"
In response to Reply #0

I cannot tell you how many tells I would get questioning your actions. I think my responses were pretty consistent: "I think Lashel's a bit crazy is all."

It was always entertaining being around you. I never knew when your axe blade was going to show up between my shoulders, but was always expecting and ready for it. Never came, though.

Sure you've got something else already running. See you in the Fields!

Djial (Guest)Tue 13-Jun-06 03:40 PM

#48656, "Ha. You Again."
In response to Reply #0

We always seem to run into each other, from
Reynil to Tarseti on, you've been through like
twenty chars in the time I've done three.
Lashel was cool and well RP'd, and Djial definatly
didn't feel safe around you, unless there was
someone better to hunt. I should have figured
out it was you with your gung-ho-ness, and I
wonder if you can figure out who I've played.
Good luck with your next.
Djial

Caroolth (Guest)Tue 13-Jun-06 02:22 PM

#48654, "RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed"
In response to Reply #0

Man, you were on the quick route to con death...I tend to be against the entire "kill-loot" thing, and try to only take a thing or two, even when I've got not too much. Try to encourage that too, via IC means, and sometimes it seems to work.

That talk in the web was good...that's one thing I have to say about most outlanders is that they don't tend to communicate much beyond "cities/tribunal/minotaurs bad." Had a few good conversations over the years, and that's part of the fun. Having a reason to do things, and doing it, that's what RP should be about, not just the collection of shinies. You really shouldn't have tried to fight at the end =)

I know your rots got one of us once, and another one very nearly (except for some timely aid!), but no names

I know one way to stop the one, and you tried that (surprised with the guards, were we? , and that's been used quite effectively several times...as for cranial, not really sure if you have a way or not, which is part of the fun of having maces as a spec. That being said, if I took hands, I'd still have a way of lagging, and I'd have been alive a lot more

But you definitely did very well at throwing yourself into the fray. That's something that I rather enjoy seeing. Now if only things went your way a few times more

shamanmanTue 13-Jun-06 03:21 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48655, "Believe it or not, I had another idea to stop it beside..."
In response to Reply #2

f

Mesira (Guest)Tue 13-Jun-06 01:51 PM

#48653, "RE: Lashel is dead and gone, goodbyes enclosed"
In response to Reply #0

I had ample reason to want to kill you myself, but I held out of attacking you in the duel because she asked me to. After it was clear she wasn't coming back I was only too happy to kill you.

My outside observation is that you seemed to rp fine as a Lyristeon shaman, but to the detriment of being an Outlander. You know your role a lot better than me though so you can decide whether that's accurate or not.

I was interested in trying to find out whether there was more to your role than the "liar and bully" that attacked everyone, but my character was too annoyed by you to find out

Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48649 Previous topic | Next topic