Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Nedravolz the Elder Thief" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45852
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 14-Feb-06 06:44 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45852, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Nedravolz the Elder Thief"

Tue Feb 14 17:42:23 2006

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nedravolz perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:63

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Friarr (Guest)Tue 14-Feb-06 11:42 PM

#45860, "Common homeboy, why u givin up like that? nt"
In response to Reply #0

asfasf

Nivek1Wed 15-Feb-06 05:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#45867, "I didn't feel like this character was going anywhere."
In response to Reply #1

Three things.

I thought a berserker binder/thug would be cool. I had this character idea for a while now and was waiting for the time to try it out. This thief was in no way intended as a copy of Marcus' character. In a way, I felt that the Village leadership thought that he was. Strike one. I am nowhere near that caliber a player.

There would be no complaints that deathblow was overpowered with this character since I only had two attacks per round. Mostly, they were dodged or parried. My only effective deathblows came from circle stab. Third attack would have made it more effective, but I wanted more binder skills, not more thug skills. Strike two.

Lastly, I hate having to pick targets with my thieves. Trying to kill only mages and the odd Empire or Scion fighter-type is boring. There were so many warriors, thieves, rangers and assassins around just begging to be killed that I couldn't touch due to the Battle cabal restrictions. Strike three.

Walking to the archmage during a raid (where I had no business being anyway) and mistyping flee three times was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Nivek

Kaisse (Guest)Sun 19-Feb-06 04:45 AM

#45947, "Berserker restrictions"
In response to Reply #2

Unlike a defender or scout, you're expected to have a deadly 'feel' to you. Binder thief just didn't cut that in the first place. If you did manage to pull it off, I was going by kill-count, yes. But it didn't even need to be that high (50+ or something ridiculous) just ten mages might have set you till hero.

But yeah, a berserker with 2 attacks per round? Thats meant to represent the fiercest, angriest barbarians of the land?

Still hoping people will see these paths as a bit more than 'power choices'. They're professions.

Kaisse Tait.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45852 Previous topic | Next topic