Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Nedravolz the Elder Thief
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=45852
45852, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Nedravolz the Elder Thief
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Feb 14 17:42:23 2006

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nedravolz perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:63
45860, Common homeboy, why u givin up like that? nt
Posted by Friarr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asfasf
45867, I didn't feel like this character was going anywhere.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Three things.

I thought a berserker binder/thug would be cool. I had this character idea for a while now and was waiting for the time to try it out. This thief was in no way intended as a copy of Marcus' character. In a way, I felt that the Village leadership thought that he was. Strike one. I am nowhere near that caliber a player.

There would be no complaints that deathblow was overpowered with this character since I only had two attacks per round. Mostly, they were dodged or parried. My only effective deathblows came from circle stab. Third attack would have made it more effective, but I wanted more binder skills, not more thug skills. Strike two.

Lastly, I hate having to pick targets with my thieves. Trying to kill only mages and the odd Empire or Scion fighter-type is boring. There were so many warriors, thieves, rangers and assassins around just begging to be killed that I couldn't touch due to the Battle cabal restrictions. Strike three.

Walking to the archmage during a raid (where I had no business being anyway) and mistyping flee three times was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Nivek
45947, Berserker restrictions
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unlike a defender or scout, you're expected to have a deadly 'feel' to you. Binder thief just didn't cut that in the first place. If you did manage to pull it off, I was going by kill-count, yes. But it didn't even need to be that high (50+ or something ridiculous) just ten mages might have set you till hero.

But yeah, a berserker with 2 attacks per round? Thats meant to represent the fiercest, angriest barbarians of the land? :P

Still hoping people will see these paths as a bit more than 'power choices'. They're professions.

Kaisse Tait.