Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Sarmas the Master of Owaza" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44548
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 11-Jan-06 03:16 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44548, "(DELETED) [None] Sarmas the Master of Owaza"

Wed Jan 11 02:16:58 2006

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Sarmas perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:396

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Xaannix-- (Guest)Wed 11-Jan-06 04:13 AM

#44550, "Gotta go again..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, so much for this guy. Im leaving again for Europe for another 3-4 months and most likely wont have time to play anymore. Also I got married and that means less play regardless where you are. Ill be back to try some other char once work and life has settled to a nice predictable routine more or less.

First off, imms, sorry about the appearance of a scout character. He was not one and it only appeared so because of my trips back and forth and my hectic work schedule. The reason I was logged on for short periods of time, sometimes very short is because of work. I tried to play as much as I could but if the phone rang or something came up, I often had to drop link. During the imm convo back in July, I was in Europe and was trying to keep my char alive after all my gear was gone. No scouting was intended and I wasn’t trying to log out on purpose to escape anyone, since, as I discussed with ROTD imms, I was not afraid of anyone. If I looked that way, I apologize. My time play time has been getting shorter for about a year. My whole (nice) set crumbled a couple of times and I built it back up again, wasn’t hard, no biggie. Imms, I tried to cut down on my brief loggins after our last convo and ended up playing like 1.2 hours a week or so.  Truly, this was no scout and I wasn’t cheating in any way.

About the character, he was pretty much greedy. I wanted to try a different angle after I could not find Qaledus for a long time but I did not have the inclination or time to do it. Generally I tried not to attack any thieves or assassins. Sometimes I did if they annoyed me enough or were forties. Empire, I had a deal with one of the older emperors about me joining. That’s basically what I told those who asked me to join, Dulmisa and a few others asked me once then never asked me again. With my playtimes there was no way I could join a cabal. I wanted to join scion but didn’t get around to it. Dulmisa, I knew you since we were lowbies. I seriously thought about joining empire…for a bit.

Im curious as to what happened with assassinate. After I perfected it, I only landed 1 in 10 attempts, sometimes less I think. After the imms had talked to me about being a scout character, I was missing all my assassinates and figured I got nerfed. Not sure if I did or not. Martial trance is very nice, tried it out a couple of times.

For those who thought I was rank sitting, I was doing so because I was unable to rank. I tried to go with groups but after being backstabbed a few times, while tanking, I stopped doing that. Tried to explore and get some exp but I would mob die and be back to square 1. I think that area explore mob deaths should be non exp killing, just con killing. Tried to solo rank but at that rate I would age die before I hero, actually got a few ranks solo ranking. Couldn’t get enough experience on my own to even gain a rank after 44.

This is positively the last time im going to play an arial assassin. If I play another again it will be a human, vulns hurt too bad at hero. …ouchies.

To all the people I interacted with, it was a pleasure and Ill be back when I can.

Dulmisa (Guest)Wed 11-Jan-06 10:56 AM

#44551, "RE: Gotta go again..."
In response to Reply #1

I had a feeling it was you behind that character, it was something about you *allways* being decked. I saw you a bit in the low ranks and then less frequently, but life is more important than cf. Btw, dying to Marcus is low, just low :-P.

Xaannix_ (Guest)Wed 11-Jan-06 03:50 PM

#44552, "Heh ehe"
In response to Reply #2

A few people told me that they knew he was me. Yeah dying to marcus was pretty lame. I was on telnet, lagging like hell and I think playing from abroad trying to keep him from deleting. Thats my excuse!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44548 Previous topic | Next topic