Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Sarmas the Master of Owaza
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=44548
44548, (DELETED) [None] Sarmas the Master of Owaza
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 11 02:16:58 2006

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Sarmas perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:396
44550, Gotta go again...
Posted by Xaannix-- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, so much for this guy. Im leaving again for Europe for another 3-4 months and most likely wont have time to play anymore. Also I got married and that means less play regardless where you are. Ill be back to try some other char once work and life has settled to a nice predictable routine more or less.

First off, imms, sorry about the appearance of a scout character. He was not one and it only appeared so because of my trips back and forth and my hectic work schedule. The reason I was logged on for short periods of time, sometimes very short is because of work. I tried to play as much as I could but if the phone rang or something came up, I often had to drop link. During the imm convo back in July, I was in Europe and was trying to keep my char alive after all my gear was gone. No scouting was intended and I wasn’t trying to log out on purpose to escape anyone, since, as I discussed with ROTD imms, I was not afraid of anyone. If I looked that way, I apologize. My time play time has been getting shorter for about a year. My whole (nice) set crumbled a couple of times and I built it back up again, wasn’t hard, no biggie. Imms, I tried to cut down on my brief loggins after our last convo and ended up playing like 1.2 hours a week or so.  Truly, this was no scout and I wasn’t cheating in any way.

About the character, he was pretty much greedy. I wanted to try a different angle after I could not find Qaledus for a long time but I did not have the inclination or time to do it. Generally I tried not to attack any thieves or assassins. Sometimes I did if they annoyed me enough or were forties. Empire, I had a deal with one of the older emperors about me joining. That’s basically what I told those who asked me to join, Dulmisa and a few others asked me once then never asked me again. With my playtimes there was no way I could join a cabal. I wanted to join scion but didn’t get around to it. Dulmisa, I knew you since we were lowbies. I seriously thought about joining empire…for a bit.

Im curious as to what happened with assassinate. After I perfected it, I only landed 1 in 10 attempts, sometimes less I think. After the imms had talked to me about being a scout character, I was missing all my assassinates and figured I got nerfed. Not sure if I did or not. Martial trance is very nice, tried it out a couple of times.

For those who thought I was rank sitting, I was doing so because I was unable to rank. I tried to go with groups but after being backstabbed a few times, while tanking, I stopped doing that. Tried to explore and get some exp but I would mob die and be back to square 1. I think that area explore mob deaths should be non exp killing, just con killing. Tried to solo rank but at that rate I would age die before I hero, actually got a few ranks solo ranking. Couldn’t get enough experience on my own to even gain a rank after 44.

This is positively the last time im going to play an arial assassin. If I play another again it will be a human, vulns hurt too bad at hero. …ouchies.

To all the people I interacted with, it was a pleasure and Ill be back when I can.
44551, RE: Gotta go again...
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a feeling it was you behind that character, it was something about you *allways* being decked. I saw you a bit in the low ranks and then less frequently, but life is more important than cf. Btw, dying to Marcus is low, just low :-P.
44552, Heh ehe
Posted by Xaannix_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few people told me that they knew he was me. Yeah dying to marcus was pretty lame. I was on telnet, lagging like hell and I think playing from abroad trying to keep him from deleting. Thats my excuse! :)