Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Baltherias the Dark Druid of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43542
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 07-Dec-05 05:40 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43542, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Baltherias the Dark Druid of the Muse"

Wed Dec 7 16:42:19 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Baltherias perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:294

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply General Farewells, Straklaw, 08-Dec-05 08:20 PM, #4
Reply Great character., Balrahd1 (Guest), 08-Dec-05 09:48 PM, #5
Reply Wow...it was fun fighting you., Ghrun1 (Guest), 08-Dec-05 11:16 PM, #6
Reply About time you died off!, Dalbiddle (Guest), 09-Dec-05 08:53 AM, #7
Reply RE: General Farewells, Eshval, 09-Dec-05 03:01 PM, #8
Reply Well done, Dulmisa (Guest), 08-Dec-05 05:57 PM, #3
Reply You were superb on multiple levels. Well done. n/t, Eskelian, 08-Dec-05 11:32 AM, #2
Reply Good last Fight!, Volicitry (Guest), 07-Dec-05 06:31 PM, #1

StraklawThu 08-Dec-05 08:20 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#43575, "General Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I started writing a farewell, but this character was so dynamic, and unique for me in so many ways, I felt it best that I break it into some parts. As to the creation, I'm actually the character Eskelian'd been mentioning about giving up on an Ordasen priest from sheer empowerment hassles, and going Eshval just because I knew she was around ALL the time, and I'd at least get a lookover. I can't believe she ever passed my empowerment, though I'll love her forever for it.

My first real Outlander attempt, I have to say the cabal is unique among the rest, and one I'll probably return to often because it's pretty well set up to ALWAYS be the underdogs. Even if you're winning, you then end up in-fighting all the time.

As to becoming evil - it was never intended with the character, primarily a side-effect of Eshval's religion, I spent a great deal of time trying to satisfy her wishes, and remain neutral, but as things progressed, it seemed both to Baltherias and I that actually BECOMING evil would still aid his druid cause as being "neutral", as well as pleasing Eshval. So he did (Not to mention Lyristeon and the Ancients of the Predators). Side comment...I don't think I've ever had a character be inducted, uninducted, and re-inducted so many times.

As I mentioned to Eshval and the Outlander Imms earlier in the year, had to be gone for awhile, and when I came back, I unfortunately didn't have internet until last night...and no zMUD. Telnet's not bad until you're going BACK to it. Between that, and getting back into the PK feel of Baltherias, I didn't have much con left, and by that time, I was very hesitant to approach Eshval. She is an evil Goddess, and I really hadn't been around so much preaching her faith.

For now, I'll keep this short...loved Outlander, it's Imms, and Eshval in particular for putting up with me. I hope Baltherias' devotion was satisfaction enough for his oddities, Muse. It made the character more a real person on their own than any other I've had. I'll try to start seperate messages for individual goodbyes, one for Baltherias' history and interactions if anyone's curious, and one for various gameplay things I want to comment on. Until then, later y'all, and thanks for the fun. I never leave the Fields for long, and I'll be back soon enough.

Balrahd1 (Guest)Thu 08-Dec-05 09:48 PM

#43580, "Great character."
In response to Reply #4

I played an Outlander named Qing while you were around. Figured you were a shoo-in as Nightreaver because you were so strong-willed and independent. I remember you starting a war with the Fortress to get me to end a war with Scion.

Ghrun1 (Guest)Thu 08-Dec-05 11:16 PM

#43582, "Wow...it was fun fighting you."
In response to Reply #4

Woulda thought an orc vet like you would have been ready for poor lil ol' me =p

Dalbiddle (Guest)Fri 09-Dec-05 08:53 AM

#43588, "About time you died off!"
In response to Reply #4

You rocked though. It was fun interacting with you and helping you attack the fort a few times before you really became an evil outlander. After that, I didn't interact with you as much for some obvious RP reasons.

Great job all around, Eshval had a cool follower in you.

Aaron

EshvalFri 09-Dec-05 03:01 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43604, "RE: General Farewells"
In response to Reply #4

Hey!
You were very cool as was your journey towards evil. It was a pleasure to watch you, even when your powers went T.U. you kept going. I liked your rp and all the baggage that went along with it. Good work and good luck with the next.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Dulmisa (Guest)Thu 08-Dec-05 05:57 PM

#43568, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

We had a few fights in our days, that one outside the outlander cabal was narrow, you escaped convulsing and i was so maladicted I saw no chance of surviving if you returned. Last night was a bit cheap but that's what you get for waiting in imperial lands that long . I was utterly impressed by you.

EskelianThu 08-Dec-05 11:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43553, "You were superb on multiple levels. Well done. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Volicitry (Guest)Wed 07-Dec-05 06:31 PM

#43543, "Good last Fight!"
In response to Reply #0

That was a close last fight! I hate taken peoples lives yer the second one I did. Well played Character, and a good Foe! Burn in that FURNACE BURN!!! Just joken. See you round

Volicitry

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43542 Previous topic | Next topic