Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Baltherias the Dark Druid of the Muse
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43542
43542, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Baltherias the Dark Druid of the Muse
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Dec 7 16:42:19 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Baltherias perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:294
43575, General Farewells
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I started writing a farewell, but this character was so dynamic, and unique for me in so many ways, I felt it best that I break it into some parts. As to the creation, I'm actually the character Eskelian'd been mentioning about giving up on an Ordasen priest from sheer empowerment hassles, and going Eshval just because I knew she was around ALL the time, and I'd at least get a lookover. I can't believe she ever passed my empowerment, though I'll love her forever for it.

My first real Outlander attempt, I have to say the cabal is unique among the rest, and one I'll probably return to often because it's pretty well set up to ALWAYS be the underdogs. Even if you're winning, you then end up in-fighting all the time.

As to becoming evil - it was never intended with the character, primarily a side-effect of Eshval's religion, I spent a great deal of time trying to satisfy her wishes, and remain neutral, but as things progressed, it seemed both to Baltherias and I that actually BECOMING evil would still aid his druid cause as being "neutral", as well as pleasing Eshval. So he did (Not to mention Lyristeon and the Ancients of the Predators). Side comment...I don't think I've ever had a character be inducted, uninducted, and re-inducted so many times.

As I mentioned to Eshval and the Outlander Imms earlier in the year, had to be gone for awhile, and when I came back, I unfortunately didn't have internet until last night...and no zMUD. Telnet's not bad until you're going BACK to it. Between that, and getting back into the PK feel of Baltherias, I didn't have much con left, and by that time, I was very hesitant to approach Eshval. She is an evil Goddess, and I really hadn't been around so much preaching her faith.

For now, I'll keep this short...loved Outlander, it's Imms, and Eshval in particular for putting up with me. I hope Baltherias' devotion was satisfaction enough for his oddities, Muse. It made the character more a real person on their own than any other I've had. I'll try to start seperate messages for individual goodbyes, one for Baltherias' history and interactions if anyone's curious, and one for various gameplay things I want to comment on. Until then, later y'all, and thanks for the fun. I never leave the Fields for long, and I'll be back soon enough.
43580, Great character.
Posted by Balrahd1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played an Outlander named Qing while you were around. Figured you were a shoo-in as Nightreaver because you were so strong-willed and independent. I remember you starting a war with the Fortress to get me to end a war with Scion.
43582, Wow...it was fun fighting you.
Posted by Ghrun1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Woulda thought an orc vet like you would have been ready for poor lil ol' me =p
43588, About time you died off!
Posted by Dalbiddle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You rocked though. It was fun interacting with you and helping you attack the fort a few times before you really became an evil outlander. After that, I didn't interact with you as much for some obvious RP reasons.

Great job all around, Eshval had a cool follower in you.

Aaron
43604, RE: General Farewells
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey!
You were very cool as was your journey towards evil. It was a pleasure to watch you, even when your powers went T.U. you kept going. I liked your rp and all the baggage that went along with it. Good work and good luck with the next.
43568, Well done
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a few fights in our days, that one outside the outlander cabal was narrow, you escaped convulsing and i was so maladicted I saw no chance of surviving if you returned. Last night was a bit cheap but that's what you get for waiting in imperial lands that long:P. I was utterly impressed by you.
43553, You were superb on multiple levels. Well done. n/t
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
43543, Good last Fight!
Posted by Volicitry on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a close last fight! I hate taken peoples lives yer the second one I did. Well played Character, and a good Foe! Burn in that FURNACE BURN!!! Just joken. See you round

Volicitry