Subject: "That's it for me" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37299
Show all folders

Jafar (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 07:48 AM

#37299, "That's it for me"

Well, that was a big waste of time, first it took forever to
get in to battle because gerylanst was never on when i played.
Though it did give me a chance to practice my skills, which
in turn was wasted time anyway.

I see very little chance of getting a group to hero because of the vast number of empire's on.

You have to wonder about empire hunting down ragers at the destructor in gangs when they already got the head. I say this because it's never a good idea to remove your enemy completly because you end up having nobody to pk. I know this from experience, having had 15+ evil hero mages in the past 9 years. I always thought it was a good idea not to take the head when you were strong, otherwise it meant ragers wouldnt fight, wouldn't play, instead let them have the item. At the end of the day, you want to pk! You need enemy to be on!

I suspect empire (least during my playing time) will end up with nobody at all to pk and all get very bored and delete.

To the remaning ragers, dont wait for battle to get better, you will never get respected if you dont turn up now but then do so later if battle get stronger. Just delete now.

I cant believe how well assassinate works. I was assassinated 6 times. Ragers are such assassinate targets, and yes, that involved much time spent resting on river or ocean when walking.

Insert wasted time

Level 1: axe 100% dagger 100%
flail 100% mace 100%
polearm 100% spear 100%
sword 100% staff 100%
whip 100% enhanced damage 100%
hand to hand 100% parry 100%
rescue 98% recall 100%
shield block 99%
Level 3: dirt kicking 100%
Level 5: second attack 100%
Level 6: fast healing 100%
Level 8: kick 1%
Level 10: disarm 100% feint 100%
Level 12: third attack 100% dual wield 100%
Level 13: dodge 100%
Level 14: haggle 1%
Level 15: bash 100% trip 100%
shield cleave 1% pugil 1%
meditation 100%
Level 16: charge 1%
Level 18: berserk 99% lash 1%
Level 20: deathblow 99% warcry 89%
flourintine 100% sting 1%
bludgeon 1% pen 1%
Level 21: lore 1% retreat 100%
Level 22: cross 1%
Level 23: offhand disarm 100% trophy 72%
Level 24: double thrust 100% strip 76%
Level 25: drive 100%
Level 26: jab 100% eyejab 85%
Level 27: parting blow 100% choke 90%
Level 29: riposte 97%
Level 30: fourth attack 100% dash 100%
Level 31: flurry 100%
Level 32: entwine 82%
Level 34: pull 100%
Level 46: enhanced reactions n/a

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well sometime just surviving is a victory, Uoukueal (Guest), 22-Apr-05 02:23 PM, #13
Reply Sucks man, Vemor (Guest), 22-Apr-05 01:23 PM, #12
Reply Sorry for that, Saephii (Guest), 19-Apr-05 01:09 PM, #6
Reply RE: That's it for me, Giantman, 19-Apr-05 10:59 AM, #4
Reply RE: That's it for me, Khasotholas, 19-Apr-05 09:33 AM, #2
Reply *sarcasm on* Come on man!, Wilhath, 19-Apr-05 10:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: That's it for me, hedayaI (Guest), 19-Apr-05 01:00 PM, #5
Reply RE: That's it for me, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 19-Apr-05 06:01 PM, #7
     Reply Assault on the giant and Big D, I expect, Daurwyn (Guest), 19-Apr-05 06:30 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Assault on the giant and Big D, I expect, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 21-Apr-05 03:51 AM, #11
Reply Hrm, Jafar (Guest), 19-Apr-05 06:25 PM, #8
     Reply You was a pain, man, Selfarg (Guest), 21-Apr-05 02:58 AM, #10
Reply I can sympathise a little, Daurwyn (Guest), 19-Apr-05 09:13 AM, #1

Uoukueal (Guest)Fri 22-Apr-05 02:23 PM

#37408, "Well sometime just surviving is a victory"
In response to Reply #0

Having been on the otherside of the funstick when I'd be logged in alone against 5 or 6 marans, Outlanders and villagers (oh MY!) It was a case of finding an out of the way place and trying to learn/perfect spells. On occassion teleporting I might get lucky and find someone alone to kill, but usually even if I got them slept the calvary would arrive.

Anyway, I think you should have stuck it out. Even though I got my ass handed to me regularly, I became rather adept at dodging trouble and escaping, unless it was a maran gank squad. But the bottom line, if its not fun no more, and you can't seem to make it fun, then time for something new.

Vemor (Guest)Fri 22-Apr-05 01:23 PM

#37407, "Sucks man"
In response to Reply #0

Never interracted with you, just caught you convulsing that one time in Veran. Hope you have more fun next time.

Saephii (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 01:09 PM

#37313, "Sorry for that"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I knocked you out and started to steal your things. Better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Good luck with your next! And buck up, little camper... Empire is strong right now because they have a good Emperor who is around often, and a lich. Strong leadersip rallies characters to their cause. If Gerylanst were around more often for the village, or if outlander leaders stopped deleting, they'd have more people fighting for them too.

GiantmanTue 19-Apr-05 10:59 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37306, "RE: That's it for me"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I like to try to get to know every rager in game before I make an assumption......and you, well damed man, looks like a total cop out. Yea, we go through tough times and good times, but damit, it's a game, get used to it and just ####ing have fun. About the multi kill thing......let's thing what war is first huh, One side against the other side. How to win, destroy your enemy, let him get new clothes then destroy him again...Repeat. I know in all my villagers, I've never let anyone get away because I felt bad that they just got their asses wooped. suck it up, and come back strong.

Other than what just happened, I thought you were a damed good rager, you just lost the fun, anyhow, good luck with your next and cheers n stuff

Acaga

KhasotholasTue 19-Apr-05 09:33 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37304, "RE: That's it for me"
In response to Reply #0

It's tough when one cabal is waxing, the other waning. I've played villagers who routinely got their butts kicked, mainly because during my playing times, there were so few allies around. However!

- You have to wonder about empire hunting down ragers at the destructor in gangs when they already got the head.

If I'm a villager, the Destructor doesn't hold the head, and there's tons of enemies around... the village, or anywhere near it, is the last place you'd ever find me.

Good luck in the future,

Khas

WilhathTue 19-Apr-05 10:00 AM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37305, "*sarcasm on* Come on man!"
In response to Reply #2

Where else would they go? I mean, they have to be able to run back to the Destructor when things get tough right? *sarcasm off*

hedayaI (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 01:00 PM

#37312, "RE: That's it for me"
In response to Reply #2

I would actully run back into the Village even if I have no powers in case of assault. So, he had not much choices of where to die. And yes, playing on Empire's side is really boring now, I hope it is to be changed soon enough.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Tue 19-Apr-05 06:01 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #5

>I would actully run back into the Village even if I have no
>powers in case of assault. So, he had not much choices of
>where to die. And yes, playing on Empire's side is really
>boring now, I hope it is to be changed soon enough.

Who's going to assault what? You have no powers already.
If you mean assault on your personage then that task is made harder if they can't actually find you.

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 06:30 PM

#37323, "Assault on the giant and Big D, I expect"
In response to Reply #7

Personally I tended to attempt to defend my cabal even if I didn't have the item. It's not like the Big D and other cabal guardians are not important to caballed characters.

I think I'll stop doing it from now on though.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Thu 21-Apr-05 03:51 AM
Charter member
#37366, "RE: Assault on the giant and Big D, I expect"
In response to Reply #9

>Personally I tended to attempt to defend my cabal even if I
>didn't have the item. It's not like the Big D and other cabal
>guardians are not important to caballed characters.
>
>I think I'll stop doing it from now on though.

I would do similar, but if it's a gangbang coming for you and you don't even have the head, there's very little chance of you doing anything. Wisdom is the key there. Also, whilst they muck about at your outer then you can perhaps counter-raid.

Jafar (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 06:25 PM

#37322, "Hrm"
In response to Reply #2

Well thats true, and when I was alone I would find good places to be, I was rarely attacked in remote locations.

But if there is 1 other rager on, you can't just let him fight without any help.

I guess just lots of things just weren't good about what was happening. For instance on my last playing day, I logged on for the first time in awhile with the head. And it was amazing, not one empire on. Then the lich logged on, within 30 minutes i had 5 empires in pk.

And let's face it, empire it not the cabal you want to lose your cabal item too. you really need magic when it comes to cents.

The number of times i was killed through the actions of a hero empire not in pk was annoying.

Selfarg (Guest)Thu 21-Apr-05 02:58 AM

#37365, "You was a pain, man"
In response to Reply #8

I've wasted all my blood skins, used all my preparation potions in vain with you Couldnt land a single blows most of the time, now I see why. Still pity you didnt stay a bit longer. Imperials will delete soon and you will rock again. Well played, good luck with your next. *wink* Roll an orc!! You will feel even more pain

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 09:13 AM

#37303, "I can sympathise a little"
In response to Reply #0

I remember having ragers and fortress raid together when my imperial was the only one, and they already had the codex. Kind of sucked.

Also I agree that Empire might well end up without enough enemies the way things are going.

Not sure I agree that the solution is to delete now if you are not on the Empire side though.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37299 Previous topic | Next topic