Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tasild the Shadowed Stalker of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37261
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 17-Apr-05 06:24 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37261, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tasild the Shadowed Stalker of the Spire, Provincial Magistrate"

Sun Apr 17 18:25:15 2005

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tasild perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:383

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Neppie hit the nail on the head, Onirakoth, 21-Apr-05 12:46 PM, #15
Reply And it is a good thing that the head is well fastened, DurNominator, 21-Apr-05 02:42 PM, #16
Reply Suppose I owe a few words, Aerik (Guest), 20-Apr-05 09:22 PM, #14
Reply Scaredy cat!, Oawenisou (Guest), 19-Apr-05 05:09 PM, #13
Reply thoughts about taslid, Kjelror (Guest), 19-Apr-05 04:13 PM, #12
Reply Farewell shadowman..., Baboroa (Guest), 18-Apr-05 06:36 PM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tasild the Shadowed Stalker ..., nepenthe, 18-Apr-05 03:24 PM, #3
Reply Adding to what Nepenthe Said., Flixsotopeck, 18-Apr-05 03:46 PM, #4
Reply Not all are made of hero stuff., Cr (Guest), 18-Apr-05 05:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: Not all are made of hero stuff., nepenthe, 18-Apr-05 05:38 PM, #6
Reply Your watching over these people makes me feel so ####in..., Carth (Guest), 19-Apr-05 01:22 AM, #11
Reply well, going back to his application to tribs, incognito, 18-Apr-05 05:38 PM, #7
Reply I'd like to weigh in., Reggie (Guest), 18-Apr-05 10:16 PM, #9
Reply My thoughts...., Carth (Guest), 19-Apr-05 01:21 AM, #10
Reply Ugh, Carijisdun (Guest), 18-Apr-05 12:57 PM, #1
     Reply Having recommended against his induction, incognito, 18-Apr-05 03:03 PM, #2

OnirakothThu 21-Apr-05 12:46 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37388, "Neppie hit the nail on the head"
In response to Reply #0

You got better the more time went by. Good job on that. Most times, you were an asset to Tribunal. I, at least, enjoyed having you around. Post a goodbye or something, jeez.

-O-

DurNominatorThu 21-Apr-05 02:40 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37391, "And it is a good thing that the head is well fastened"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Thu 21-Apr-05 02:42 PM

In my opinion, Tasild seemed like a rather quiet mercenary type guy. He seemed to know what he was doing. That blindness dust tactics with those dark guards was neat, when I travelled with you as Atohner. Why didn't I think about it as Fungor? Atohner was there to help you Hero and he was also there to fight you when raiding Spire. You were a solid enemy and solid friend to Atohner, hiding and a bit hard to reach as both, as assassins are.

Atohner

PS. Word you refers to Tasild.

PPS. The reply is to Onirakoth for the reason of theme titles

Also, I second Onirakoths motion. Do post goodbyes, Tasild.

Aerik (Guest)Wed 20-Apr-05 09:22 PM

#37359, "Suppose I owe a few words"
In response to Reply #0

Every time you tried to assassinate me, I saw you on the where list.

I didn't always tell you, but sometimes I did. After 2-3 fights, I
had your ways down. I'd tell you what you were going to do when
fighting (remember?).

I loved getting cocky with you because it was true for the most part. When you did fight alone, you did it with ganging tactics and died/fled as a result. There is a LOT more you can do to a bard than tigerclaw/risingphoenix. They're good tanks, and with a mace can do a number on you as you saw.

Oawenisou (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 05:09 PM

#37319, "Scaredy cat!"
In response to Reply #0

That's what you made me. >.> I was always afraid of that knife sliding into my back when you were around, but I knew it would be a fun fight if we were going to brawl. Good job and good luck on your next.

Kjelror (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 04:13 PM

#37318, "thoughts about taslid"
In response to Reply #0

IC i thought you were a straight coward and annoying. Yes I would beat you 1v1 but It was very annoying to have you talkin smack when I would run away from 5 tribunals with a healer that had 5 shadow tabbies. Im happy that you never hit an assassinate on me, though I swear when you'd miss you could have only gotten 3-4 stalks on me... anyways thought you were cocky ic when you shouldn't have but ooc i thought you were a bit newbie to an assassin... my thoughts....
peace..
Kjelror

Baboroa (Guest)Mon 18-Apr-05 06:36 PM

#37287, "Farewell shadowman..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmm. Well, not really sure why these people are talkin so much smack. lol. Bab was around for all of Tasild's life and never once saw an ounce of cowardice.(as far as assassins are concerned) In fact, when we hunted together we would more often than not end up in fights where the odds were either even or against us. And at any rate, where are all these assassins who ARENT opportunistic? Anyway, you did what you did, and served the Spire well. G'luck with your next and take 'er easy.

nepentheMon 18-Apr-05 03:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37280, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tasild the Shadowed Stalker ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'll say two things about this character, somewhat in response to the posts below.

1) Tasild seemed to pick a lot of off-duty fights that I didn't understand the motivation for. I can't say definitively, but my gut feeling is that this character should have been evil.

(Side note: I once created a relatively mild character as evil because I said to myself: I know right now this character is going to do X, well-played paladins will desperately want to wrath me for it, and they probably should be able to. This is now my semi-official litmus test.)

2) Although his lifespan was cut a little short from human standard by withering, this is still a relatively long-lived character by the typical standards of today. Over the lifetime of the character, I will say that the courage level of Tasild improved considerably. Tasild the newly-inducted Tribunal exhibited a level of cowardice I would almost call legendary, exceeding even comically frightful and (intentionally) inept characters such as Brumbalin. You wouldn't see that kind of thing from the Tasild of a week ago, in my opinion. If becoming braver and taking more risks is improvement, then this character improved a great deal. It's reasonably fair to bash on him for the chicken stage of his development, but I can't in fairness let it be said that this was the entire life of the character without putting some kind of defense forth.

FlixsotopeckMon 18-Apr-05 03:46 PM
Member since 24th Mar 2005
10 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37281, "Adding to what Nepenthe Said."
In response to Reply #3

1) I would somewhat agree with you on the first part, for the longest time I thought Tasild was Evil.

1.5) I think I heard the second most amount of complaints about him from Maran about him attacking them off-duty. The first of course being the last Provost. I think this lead to number 1. I don't know if the other people he attacked didn't complain about it or he didn't attack many others besides Maran.

2) Since I only knew him as a hero, I would say that most of the time he only attacked people with a group when he was raiding, which I think would be expected. I know occasionally we would hunt criminals together, but not very often, I almost always found him to be mostly a loner.

Aside from that From what I saw his last title was fitting, we didn't speak much cause he was always in the Shadows. We didn't interact much other than when we raided, and I could never tell what you thought of Flix, oh well. I'll have more to say when I die, I'm getting to be a gray little old man. Take care and good luck on the next one.

Flixsotopeck

Well I'm off to Physics Lab. WOOHOO!

Cr (Guest)Mon 18-Apr-05 05:18 PM

#37282, "Not all are made of hero stuff."
In response to Reply #3

I supose i only saw his later state, because i didn't see him cower much.

But even if he did, where would be the fun for everyone to puff their chest and heroishly charge at a wall of spears? An assassin might quite well choose to let his attacker fight a big puffed up warrior and try to get a deadly strike from behind after running away from the front.

nepentheMon 18-Apr-05 05:38 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37283, "RE: Not all are made of hero stuff."
In response to Reply #5

An assassin might well choose to do that.

An assassin also might sit there and watch someone solo-raid their cabal without trying to stalk that person or intervene in any way. Or, they might do the same while one person in their cabal has to fight off two raiders solo because they're just hanging out hidden and not trying to help. He might choose to do this repeatedly and with a variety of someones.

I wouldn't bother to call near-legendary cowardice on what you're talking about. That's something I expect from assassins and it's a very valid way to play the class.

Carth (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 01:22 AM

#37294, "Your watching over these people makes me feel so ####in..."
In response to Reply #6

incognitoMon 18-Apr-05 05:38 PM
4495 posts
#37284, "well, going back to his application to tribs"
In response to Reply #5

I had somewhere between 4 to 6 outlanders in my range (hero range). I think it was 5.

There was a lowbie trib ap called Arech (rank somewhere from 20-25 iirc), and an even lower level shifter trib who would only have had his first form, if I'm not mistaken.

Then there was Tasild, the applicant. Ranked somewhere from 25-30.

He was asked to help retrieve. He would have had access to my spells (quickening, spiderhands, flight and the fixing of eyejab if the solitary whip spec that opposed him used that). He made one excuse after another and ultimately refused to try on the grounds that I wouldn't be able to hold it against the outlander heros. He's quite right. I wouldn't have. But I might have been able to kill one of them with luck, and put them off trying again. I think in the end Arech the lowbie ap and the lowbie shifter retrieved without him and the outlanders didn't make an attempt to take the scales again. I therefore wrote a note recommending against his induction, specifically on the grounds of cowardice and lack of dedication. (He got inducted a couple of days later.)

That was the bad bit. As Nep said, he did appear to have changed his ways towards the end of his life though, for the better.

Reggie (Guest)Mon 18-Apr-05 10:16 PM

#37291, "I'd like to weigh in."
In response to Reply #3

I liked Tasild a lot. I totally agree with Nepenthe about his lack of courage at the beginning. But he really started to show up and improved a lot from everything i saw. He caused my downfall once or twice, and I honestly saw Tasild as one of my Nemsis' He could make a good fight out of me if he put his mind to it. That being said, I will truly miss fighting him and trying to burn galadon to find him. Good luck with whatever is next if you read this.

Reggie

Carth (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 01:21 AM

#37293, "My thoughts...."
In response to Reply #3

I fought you a couple of times as Gnarugk, and only one of those was fought to the end because I bashed you to death. That said, I know I talked quite a bit of garbage in game, but the fact that you never once took any pride in yourself and talked so much #### back to me, left a sour taste in my mouth, mostly because every time thereafter that I tried to catch you, you'd hide or call in your typical group of accomplices to back you up. An assassin can handle their own at the hero ranks, don't be so afraid of your own abilities and take a chance once in a while.

Peace,
Carth

Carijisdun (Guest)Mon 18-Apr-05 12:57 PM

#37278, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #0

I thoroughly disliked your inability to ever fight alone. Whether it was hiding behind town guards or road guards or groupmates. Whenever I hit you, it seemed, you would flee and return to fight behind others. You would stay and fight sometimes, but only if someone was very injured. It seemed like a lot of other characters would say much the same thing IC. Our talks were very few because I had very little respect for you, so I can't comment on your RP. Good luck with your next, I guess.

incognitoMon 18-Apr-05 03:03 PM
4495 posts
#37279, "Having recommended against his induction"
In response to Reply #1

And not been keen on him as Hammond (mainly because I was bombarded by tells assuming that Tasild was with me and complaining that he wouldn't fight alone), I did warm to him with a later char. That char was not someone that ever fought against or with him though.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37261 Previous topic | Next topic