Subject: "(CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3552
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Oct-01 03:31 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16814 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3552, "(CON) Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower of Living Flames"

Sat Oct 27 17:30:11 2001

9 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Grolgthus perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:195
PK Ratio:51% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Steelbiter (Guest), 21-Nov-01 02:16 AM, #21
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Steelbiter (Guest), 21-Nov-01 02:31 AM, #22
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 22-Nov-01 01:55 AM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., AnImEfAhN (Guest), 16-Nov-01 01:15 PM, #17
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 02:43 PM, #18
Reply I almost forgot!, Grolgthus/Vlad/Whatever (Guest) (Guest), 28-Oct-01 10:05 AM, #8
Reply Hey I forbid you to go!, Caeth (Guest) (Guest), 28-Oct-01 01:02 AM, #7
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Vladamir (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 04:39 PM, #1
     Reply What no dawn??, Teeka (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 05:07 PM, #2
     Reply Gah!, Grolg (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 05:14 PM, #3
          Reply heh, noticed the bit about the mage, Lorniver (Guest) (Guest), 12-Nov-01 06:01 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Ralicazin (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 07:20 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 12-Nov-01 04:54 PM, #11
     Reply You are not allowed to die!, Goapa! (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 08:44 PM, #5
     Reply RE: You are not allowed to die!, Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 27-Oct-01 09:22 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Loborguz, 28-Oct-01 05:49 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..., Grolg (Guest) (Guest), 28-Oct-01 11:38 PM, #10
     Reply heh, Kor (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 05:43 PM, #13
     Reply RE: heh, Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 11:50 PM, #14
          Reply RE: heh, Gunn (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 11:59 PM, #15
               Reply RE: heh, Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 11:27 AM, #19
     Reply Well done., Yazaulyzt (Guest) (Guest), 15-Nov-01 07:54 AM, #16
          Reply RE: Well done., Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 11:31 AM, #20

Steelbiter (Guest)Wed 21-Nov-01 02:16 AM

#3553, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #0

Dammit Grolgthus! I was suppose to die first!

Steelbiter (Guest)Wed 21-Nov-01 02:31 AM

#3555, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #21

One other thing. WHY DO I KEEP OUTLIVING EVERYONE?!? (not that I'm complaining) Heh heh.

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Thu 22-Nov-01 01:55 AM

#3554, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #21

Well, it wasn't a PLANNED sort of death, tho I do get to go out, smug in the knowledge that noone can claim to have killed me for the final time.

AnImEfAhN (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-01 01:15 PM

#3556, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, as far as I can tell you lived up to your promise to Yirri, though beyond her I never saw you again. ^_^;

Thanks for all the gear, though after it was all collected I' go and get ganged the moment I left the Inn. Yirri always found it humourous to see a big tough fire giant blush when kissed by a lil' cat babe. ^_^

I don't think it'll be all that difficult to play a leader again for you if you ever decide to study a different cabal. Grolgthus was alot kinder than I would have imagined an evil fire giant, and I look forward to seeing your other ideas and characters.

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 02:43 PM

#3557, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #17

Well, as far as I can tell you lived up to your promise to Yirri, though beyond her I never saw you again. ^_^;

Yeah, I remember some Scions were bugging her just a day or so after you died, and I sort of went nutso on them. It was one of my better fights. Also one of my few flaggings.

Thanks for all the gear, though after it was all collected I' go and get ganged the moment I left the Inn. Yirri always found it humourous to see a big tough fire giant blush when kissed by a lil' cat babe. ^_^

Heh. grolg knew ##### about women. Remember he was raised in a school of all men, and had VERY little contact with fems. Also, you were much smaller and more petite than 99% of the few women he HAD interacted with, being a fire giant. He was always afraid of being too rough with you so he was just at a loss for how to act around you.

I don't think it'll be all that difficult to play a leader again for you if you ever decide to study a different cabal. Grolgthus was alot kinder than I would have imagined an evil fire giant, and I look forward to seeing your other ideas and characters.

Thanks. It was really not so much "kindness" on Grolgs part, at least not at first. You weren't a mage. *shrug* Then you grew on him. Literally,at times. Heh. I'm glad you enjoyed our interactions as much as I did.

Grolgthus/Vlad/Whatever (Guest) (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-01 10:05 AM

#3558, "I almost forgot!"
In response to Reply #0

Ekirhal! You helped defend the village, at the cost of your own life. Not because you believed in what we did, or even because you didn't like those we faced, you did it because I was your friend and you were by my side through good and bad. I will always love and respect you beyond measure. For a passive "love everyone" character, to throw yourself in the middle of a fight, just to help your friends, isn't easy, and it was always appreciated. I will always cherish what little time we had together.

On a side note, geriatric patients can be AMAZINGLY flexible when properly motivated. And drunk. *wink*

Caeth (Guest) (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-01 01:02 AM

#3559, "Hey I forbid you to go!"
In response to Reply #0

We had some good times whacking each other around. I damn respect you after the 2 fights we had and both I lost thru the bloody axes pincering me. Worthy opponent, Caeth thinks and he will remember you on a good side. Respect, the word.

I'm kinda sad you have to go. You know after the incident, Caeth would have let you walked the forest without harm, if he's within. And I'm always glad to call out your name whenever you are in the realms with me.

And for what Grog believed and RP, I was impressed how much you stuck to your role. Sorry about the axes thing. Funny how policies changes in the game. Same as real life, perhaps for my workplace.

You won't be leaving CF ,yah? Bloody roll up another character and put the fun the game. I'm lonely in Nexus. Perhaps you wanna join me?

Vladamir (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 04:39 PM

#3560, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, this has been coming for a bit. I considered a con quest, but that wasn't Grolgs style, and didn't fit with his role, so here we are. I had plans to go out in a raid, but instead starved to death on Sirene Island. NOT exactly a warriors death, but oh well. Some goodbyes...

Battle.
I posted my farewell note to you guys as I was dying. It was rather brief, but you know, I was rushing to get it done before I starved.

Loborguz. I used to think you were kind of a jackass. Then you grew on me. Then you won the rites, and I started to think you were a jackass again, but I'm pretty sure a good bit of that was just the way you let Nerylana sort of run things for a while. Now that you're back you seem to be doing a great job again, so I guess you're ok in my book. Tho I wanted toslap you for bubbing me to death. Heh.

Nerylana. I used to like you, then after you got commander you kicked about half the ragers who were worthwhile, and got a chip on your shoulder the size of Galadon. Then I stopped liking you. Owell.

Goapa. My brother, my friend, my ugly little bitch. I'm going to miss you most of all scarecrow. Heh. I guess I didn't listen to your whole "You aren't allowed to die" speech, eh? I find it ironic my last 2 deaths were to noexit/can't get out without assistance rooms, eh? When you die we can have a beer and watch some hockey, eh? Heh.

Ralgor. You really got the short end of the stick, you had real courage and played your role well. I'm going to miss you a lot too.

All the other Ragers, most of you irritate the piss out of me. I always did my best not to gang, except on people who I knew I couldn't kill alone. I can't begin to tell you how many times I almost hit one of you for rushing in and jumping into my fights.
Again, owell.

Warlocks. I pity you guys. The new Ward sucks ass. Your new cabal location sucks ass. Most of your members suck ass. Annalena sucks MAJOR ass as a member, let alone as a leader. Words of wisdom Anna. When your item is taken, and noone is around who can touch you, you might want to raid for it instead of sending your lowbies to do it for you.

Marans. For the most part you guys understood Grolg wasn't interested in killing good. I respect the newer crop of Marans. Mostly.

Scions. For the most part I hated you all, and not just in character. 99% of you refused to fight me alone, except for the shifters. I had very little respect for most of you.

Scarab. See Scions. (Except for the bit about Shifters)

Tribunal. You never played much of a psrt in my life. *shrug*

Nexus. Except for Caeleth, I never had much interaction with any of you, and he was a very worthy foe. A druid on a berserker was just ugly for the druid but you always tried and I respected you in a big way for that.

Sylvans. I'm sorry I didn't get to see the end of the war. I worked hard to bring it all to a close and have some sort of positive things for us both come out of it.

Heralds. Damn. So many of you helped Grolg see that even tho CERTAIN paladins just didn't get it, it wasn't the fault of good people that there were wrathing twits running around begging to be killed. Temperaleai, as the only surviving Herald (former herald) I ever hung out with, I will miss you a lot.

Immortals...
Thror. You as always gave top notch immteraction. Sorry I got sort of pissy there after the axes thing. But the timing on the loss of Generalship was just too coincidental to think it was for anything except the OOC bitching. I was wrong and I'm sorry if I was lessened in your eyes because of my OOC comments over that. I always enjoyed talking to you, and loved having you around to interact with. You do work very hard on your cabal and it's noted and appreciated.

To anyone I missed, I'm sorry. I had a lot of great times and great interactions with you all, especially those I fought. It's been a while since I played a PK intense character, and I missed it. Grolg was closer to what I myself would be like in a fantasy setting than probably anyone I've played since Vladamir, and I had a blast.
Thank you all so very much for such great times.

Grolgthus, Living Tower of Flames.
Gabinetto, the Foul Mouthed Hero of Alteration
Etc etc...

Teeka (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 05:07 PM

#3573, "What no dawn??"
In response to Reply #1

Had some great interactions with you for the ones we did have. Have to say you returning those things was rather impressive. All to often people full loot and I think it's a good thing that people are starting not to so much anymore.

I'll look forward to your new creation. People like you make the game interesting to play.

Grolg (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 05:14 PM

#3574, "Gah!"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry I entirely forgot the Dawn!

Teeka. Heh. e did have some good interactions, and I was always glad to see you around. I was wondering what the hell you were raiding us for, and felt bad about having to fight you.

Derexal. You got it better than most people that I wasn't out to crush the light or anything, just the mage

Lorniver (Guest) (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-01 06:01 PM

#3575, "heh, noticed the bit about the mage"
In response to Reply #3

I remember jumping you in Hamsah before I became a warlock, with no protections. Hadn't learnt how to protect against pincer yet at that stage, and my trusted medallion failed to save my sorry ass. I laughed so hard when I saw Goapa in a log wandering around afterwards wearing my medallion that transports you when you get hurt. It wasn't obvious that it did that, so this is no criticism of him, but I hung onto it because the description looked magical and also I knew something so hard to get must do something.

I was impressed that you actually stood guard by my corpse until I returned. Thanks for that. You were the first in a long time to return anything, and (fortunately for me) the first of several. Glad to see that either most of the wimps are out of the village or that you've finally shown them that cheap kills are worthless (unless your a lich or AP).

Like you, I don't like ganging. So my advice is don't play an invoker unless you like prepping.

Ralicazin (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 07:20 PM

#3571, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #1

You played well. Much better than most people gave you. I wanted to see the end of the war as much as you did, though it won't come about. I had hoped that you and I would have gotten to speak again, but... wasn't meant to be.

Ralicazin

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-01 04:54 PM

#3572, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #4

Oh we'll speak again, just not as the same characters. In fact you already know one of my new ones, you just don't know it's me.

Goapa! (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 08:44 PM

#3569, "You are not allowed to die!"
In response to Reply #1

Damn. Battle is strange like that you develop this brotherhood thing. I think its because you go through the worst and best with others in the village who play as much as you. You were and still are Goapa's best friend, if you can say he has friends. Take care and good luck.

*squwak*

EH!

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-01 09:22 PM

#3570, "RE: You are not allowed to die!"
In response to Reply #5

Well at least now that I can stop hiding behind the Grolgthus name when I post, everyone can see just how stupid it is to say I know you OOC. NOONE muds from down here in the armpit of hell! Noone!

LoborguzSun 28-Oct-01 05:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3567, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #1

Well I'm glad you didn't slap me to death, bub. *grins*

I definitely enjoyed the times you were there, and I am sooooo sorry you finally bought it in that damned sirine cell. What a crummy way to go. A little funny for the rest of us, but crapola for you.

At first I thought you were a bit too uppity, and then you got general but didn't really do much with it, didn't interview many (that I heard about, you didn't send any notes at all on perspective applicants) and so I sortof wrote you off.

But then you came back in force, and you absolutely earned that Tower title, and i was proud to call you brother. You were always in the front of a fight, not showing an ounce of fear.

I hope you make another rager, your attitude is needed and you can show others a thing or two.

Good luck.

loborguz

Grolg (Guest) (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-01 11:38 PM

#3568, "RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Grolgthus the Master of Steel, Tower..."
In response to Reply #9

At first I thought you were a bit too uppity, and then you got general but didn't really do much with it, didn't interview many (that I heard about, you didn't send any notes at all on perspective applicants) and so I sortof wrote you off.

Heh I was really pissed about that too. I talked to a SHITLOAD of applicants, but only approved two. None of the others met my approval. (Both of my picks were inducted BTW) I was pissed about it for a week or two, then decided I really didn't care about being General, and I was just going to lead by example. I liked not having people bug me every 5 seconds after I stopped being general. Then it was only every 10. *smirk*

But then you came back in force, and you absolutely earned that Tower title, and i was proud to call you brother. You were always in the front of a fight, not showing an ounce of fear.

Yeah, I moped for a bit and didn't do much. Then decided I didn't care and would just go on doing my thing. When you were gone for so long I got pretty pissy, because noone knew what was going on. I had made up my mind to call you to the Rites next time I saw you, and then the con started dwindling. In the end I'm glad I didn't, because once you came back you were just the kind of leader the village needed. In the interim I had gotten a new job that pays GREAT but eats up my time, and my playing time has been cut more than in half, so I wouldn't have been any good as a leader anyway. I'm sure eventually I'll make another rager, I just don't know when.

All in all, we had good interactions and I valued them. Too bad I never got to fight you for the rites tho. *grin* Would have been interesting...

Kor (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 05:43 PM

#3563, "heh"
In response to Reply #1

Well you did say except shifters, but I can't see how you can bitch about scions not going one on one when almost no villagers would fight me one on one, I can't even count the amount of times I would enter an area with a villager, and without any fight he(sometimes they) would spring all out straight to the destructor.
Humorous considering rager powers.
laters
Gunn

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 11:50 PM

#3564, "RE: heh"
In response to Reply #13

Actually, I can bitch because I always did my best to fight everyone, even shifters one on one. I can't tell you how many of my deaths were because I hung around just a little too long solo against a lion, panther, etc etc. I always tried to give at least SOME eq back to people who fell to me, especially if it was a fight I had help with. Very few times was this sort of behavior, either returns or solo fighting returned to me. There were some certainly, but for the most part it was not.

Gunn (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 11:59 PM

#3565, "RE: heh"
In response to Reply #14

Almost every time I was full looted, was when I was gangbanged by villagers, and yes, almost every time a villager killed me, was when they gang banged me. Those I full looted, well if I knew someone full looted me I would try to do them, and those three people who killed me when I was naked at my pit.
Never mind the people running from me to the village or blackjacking/strangling/spinebreaking and screaming for help to gangbang me....I would offer, OFFER, to fight one on one all the time, and I would always get ignored/insulted by villagers, basically because they did not have the balls for the fight, and this is not against Loborguz, he always would be up for it, and he won several times. Why are shifters so feared by villagers, because no villager seems to have the sack to actually stand against one and use techniques that would work(and there are a variety of these). You did stand to fight me, even if it was only at the destructor, but at least you stood to fight.
laters

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 11:27 AM

#3566, "RE: heh"
In response to Reply #15

Why are shifters so feared by villagers, because no villager seems to have the sack to actually stand against one and use techniques that would work(and there are a variety of these). You did stand to fight me, even if it was only at the destructor, but at least you stood to fight.
laters

Shifters are so feared for a variety of reasons. I'll list mine.

When shifted you aren't vuln in the same ways as others to debilitating attacks. IE: You aren't gonna lose your claws if I whirl and weaken you. Can't weaponbreak you. Generally can't bash you. And odds are you're going to be a lot healthier than I, and dealing out equitable dam, while taking a lot less because of protections. All in all, as a warrior rager, there's not a whole lot I can do against an offensive shifter. Assassins can blind you, caltrap you (now) and their other skills will weaken your form adequately. Thieves? Jack/bind/bs nuff said. Bards you say? Their songs will still mess you up. The warriors are pretty screwed unless they have some way to knock you out. (Which I've found works a LOT less often on forms.)

Yazaulyzt (Guest) (Guest)Thu 15-Nov-01 07:54 AM

#3561, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

I never got to fight you, (rank up dammit!). heh. BUT, I had a lot of respect for you after you brutalized an elf invoker I was with and returned most of his gear. (Looting a sub-par set from a guy who has been starting to requip once again really sucks.)

I tried to return that 'favour' to you..

ALso, when I was about, you were known as the ONLY rager with honor. SOmeone would yell out "Im fighting Grolgthus, come help!", and well, id tell most people to let him fight fair, Grolgthus doesnt gang-bang, so why should we...

Nice char.

Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 11:31 AM

#3562, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #16

I never got to fight you, (rank up dammit!). heh. BUT, I had a lot of respect for you after you brutalized an elf invoker I was with and returned most of his gear. (Looting a sub-par set from a guy who has been starting to requip once again really sucks.)
I tried to return that 'favour' to you..

I appreciate that. I really wanted to go a few rounds with you too, but never got the chance. I hate full looting, except under extreme circumstances, or against Scions. Even them for the most part I tried to give SOMETHING back to.

ALso, when I was about, you were known as the ONLY rager with honor. SOmeone would yell out "Im fighting Grolgthus, come help!", and well, id tell most people to let him fight fair, Grolgthus doesnt gang-bang, so why should we...

Also very much appreciated. It's good that I'll be remembered for having had honor, and not just as some guy who killed people.

Nice char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3552 Previous topic | Next topic