Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Thorst the Weaver of the Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32845
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 23-Nov-04 07:40 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32845, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Thorst the Weaver of the Elements"

Tue Nov 23 06:37:20 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Thorst perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:292

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DrokkTue 23-Nov-04 02:22 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32849, "Did you get bored?"
In response to Reply #0

You didn't strike me as the PK oriented type. Anyway, I was wondering whether you would elaborate on your intriquing comment about doing your part to ensure that Shazmin not got into outlander.

Thorst (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 04:15 AM

#32863, "RE: Did you get bored?"
In response to Reply #1

I logged on to find time had almost autoed me anyway. Lots of stuff missing from my inventory. I never intended Thorst to harm anyone as he was really only created for me to learn about invokers. I learned a lot of ABS locations and how to use the invoker spells, so I am content. I will probably bend over and do an arial invoker, when I do a "real" invoker (as in attempt to pk invoker).

Apart from an early death to kherad and a death to a rager that killed me after i had given my stuff to hipsin and was sitting idle, naked, waiting to delete, I don't think I managed to get killed by anyone. I did, on the other hand, not attempt to harm anyone either.

I had a brief notice in my role about Thorst wanting to live his life according to the ways of the nexus (even though it is dead and gone). Thus I tried to follow the tides of the wars and give aid and help, where I felt it was needed at that time. This resulted in Thorst aiding soloers, tribunals, heralds, scions, fortress and empire (and probably a few of those goat worshippers as well, without knowing it).

I helped raid the chasm once, but that was because the gloves I wanted were in their pit, and the assassin I was trying to get them from con-died or deleted (doesn't matter) before I could get them.

I also did my best to pit people against eachother, when I felt it would distract them from other things. Eg. I gave the fortress marshall the stoneform amulet, and immediately put a scion invoker on him Also, I would aid fortress, and at the same time inform scion when and where the fortress members were, so he could raid peacefully. Anyways, to answer your question, yes I got what I needed from Thorst (who got to know all (important) spells from all seven branches).

About outlanders and shazmin (whom I also helped at times), I told some outlanders (including tjok) that shazmin was really in it for the powers and that she had also applied to the chasm. It was pretty general belief that I had some sort of alliance with the chasm, so I assume my words were accepted. I should really have chosen another sphere for Thorst, but boy, did I have fun. Iden said something along the lines of: You are my hero, you have almost no allegiances at all! That was what I felt a neutral could be, and how I chose to do the Thorst dance.

Hipsin (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 04:51 PM

#32883, "RE: Did you get bored?"
In response to Reply #2

Well, I was sorry to see you go, even though I never really did know you very well. I was kind of thinking you must have known me with some other character. Anyway, I did save your stuff for a few days, just to see if you would come back. Good luck with your next and everything. You can run with Hipsin any time, heh.

Thorst (Guest)Thu 25-Nov-04 07:02 AM

#32889, "RE: Did you get bored?"
In response to Reply #3

That was a yes and a no. Don't really KNOW you with any char. I was just impressed by your neutrality and your general roleplay as a kingpin. In my book your ability to PK is not really what makes you a "player". I mean, my arbiter cleric killed pretty much any wanted, but I still don't consider myself a "player". When I see someone blend into their character and actually roleplay it like you and arthakar, I get impressed. When I see someone like Blitz steamroll over anything that moves, I am not really impressed. A bit jealous but not impressed

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32845 Previous topic | Next topic