Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Thorst the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32845
32845, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Thorst the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 23 06:37:20 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Thorst perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:292
32849, Did you get bored?
Posted by Drokk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You didn't strike me as the PK oriented type. Anyway, I was wondering whether you would elaborate on your intriquing comment about doing your part to ensure that Shazmin not got into outlander.
32863, RE: Did you get bored?
Posted by Thorst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I logged on to find time had almost autoed me anyway. Lots of stuff missing from my inventory. I never intended Thorst to harm anyone as he was really only created for me to learn about invokers. I learned a lot of ABS locations and how to use the invoker spells, so I am content. I will probably bend over and do an arial invoker, when I do a "real" invoker (as in attempt to pk invoker).

Apart from an early death to kherad and a death to a rager that killed me after i had given my stuff to hipsin and was sitting idle, naked, waiting to delete, I don't think I managed to get killed by anyone. I did, on the other hand, not attempt to harm anyone either.

I had a brief notice in my role about Thorst wanting to live his life according to the ways of the nexus (even though it is dead and gone). Thus I tried to follow the tides of the wars and give aid and help, where I felt it was needed at that time. This resulted in Thorst aiding soloers, tribunals, heralds, scions, fortress and empire (and probably a few of those goat worshippers as well, without knowing it).

I helped raid the chasm once, but that was because the gloves I wanted were in their pit, and the assassin I was trying to get them from con-died or deleted (doesn't matter) before I could get them.

I also did my best to pit people against eachother, when I felt it would distract them from other things. Eg. I gave the fortress marshall the stoneform amulet, and immediately put a scion invoker on him :) Also, I would aid fortress, and at the same time inform scion when and where the fortress members were, so he could raid peacefully. Anyways, to answer your question, yes I got what I needed from Thorst (who got to know all (important) spells from all seven branches).

About outlanders and shazmin (whom I also helped at times), I told some outlanders (including tjok) that shazmin was really in it for the powers and that she had also applied to the chasm. It was pretty general belief that I had some sort of alliance with the chasm, so I assume my words were accepted. I should really have chosen another sphere for Thorst, but boy, did I have fun. Iden said something along the lines of: You are my hero, you have almost no allegiances at all! That was what I felt a neutral could be, and how I chose to do the Thorst dance.
32883, RE: Did you get bored?
Posted by Hipsin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I was sorry to see you go, even though I never really did know you very well. I was kind of thinking you must have known me with some other character. Anyway, I did save your stuff for a few days, just to see if you would come back. Good luck with your next and everything. You can run with Hipsin any time, heh.
32889, RE: Did you get bored?
Posted by Thorst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a yes and a no. Don't really KNOW you with any char. I was just impressed by your neutrality and your general roleplay as a kingpin. In my book your ability to PK is not really what makes you a "player". I mean, my arbiter cleric killed pretty much any wanted, but I still don't consider myself a "player". When I see someone blend into their character and actually roleplay it like you and arthakar, I get impressed. When I see someone like Blitz steamroll over anything that moves, I am not really impressed. A bit jealous but not impressed :)