Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32443
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 04-Nov-04 01:20 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32443, "(DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile"

Thu Nov 4 12:17:20 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Dastro perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:136

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile, Dastro (Guest), 05-Nov-04 08:10 AM, #1
     Reply Too bad, Restraal (Guest), 05-Nov-04 08:46 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Too bad, Dastro (Guest), 05-Nov-04 05:23 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile, Isildur, 05-Nov-04 09:09 AM, #3
     Reply hahaha, dastro (Guest), 05-Nov-04 10:15 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile, Glassmender (Guest), 05-Nov-04 11:18 AM, #5

Dastro (Guest)Fri 05-Nov-04 08:10 AM

#32448, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this was my first real thief in my 10 or so years of cf. I really enjoyed the character for the most part. Thief skills were nice and trying to straddle a few paths to get the most effective skills was fun. The whole scion induction process fustrated me however. Dastro didn't take any #### from anyone and wasn't affraid to tell people to #### off to thier face. The hoops he was made to jump through he could only stand for so long. Treanolar's "tasks" for a recommendation so he could speak to the advisor nearly broke his will to join scion but he completed them. Getting a key to ktengs lab at rank 30 or so was a big pain in the nuts as running into any mobs in the underdark was prett much a mob death for him, but I was able to get the key. Then the yakrov thing, and the muse telling him he had to learn to write a note better (my first note was about on a 1st grade writing level) just finalized it. So I wrote a rather nasty note in perfect english telling them to go #### off and now he would be hunting them etc. That was some fun #### but left him with not a single ally. At that point the gear he mostly looted from the hamash thief lord guy kept him going. I was able to kill few people solo, but had a hard time getting it through my head I could NOT go toe to toe with a warrior. With my two usualy gold spots reduced to crap, I had no will to gather preps and went with those I was able to steal. So when I died, I was done and could finally delete having lost my shinies. I had alot of fun cursing everyone to high hell like I thought one pissed off jaded duergar should. Questions, comments, complaints, feel free, I'll reply back surely.

Restraal (Guest)Fri 05-Nov-04 08:46 AM

#32450, "Too bad"
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to some rather shady dealings with you

Dastro (Guest)Fri 05-Nov-04 05:23 PM

#32457, "RE: Too bad"
In response to Reply #2

Well, if you threw me a sanc or a rej at the giant, I wouldn't have died! would have blow your cover a bit however, guess you could have played it off like you just wanted the rager guy to die. But yeah, You getting booted made him interesting again. At that point I was almost trying to get killed and started playing a tad bit more conversatively, if you can call tripping a berzerker staff spec at the giant conservative...

IsildurFri 05-Nov-04 09:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32451, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile"
In response to Reply #1

I kept envisioning you wearing a silver plate over most of your head and bossing Cobra Commander around.

dastro (Guest)Fri 05-Nov-04 10:15 AM

#32452, "hahaha"
In response to Reply #3

Yeap, destro was my inspiration for this char. One mean ass dude who didn't take crap from anyone. COOOBRAAAA!

Glassmender (Guest)Fri 05-Nov-04 11:18 AM

#32453, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile"
In response to Reply #1

Good point about the scion induction thing. How can you be a strong, independent char when the whole induction process is to make you crawl like a dog. Its a catch 22- and they should do it differently.
Questlike induction is bs anyway.
Actually this gather 3 recomendations in village is similar bs too. Better to give the applicant a chance after a decent interview then uninduct later if needed ( and imms can further punish with betrayer flag, etc)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32443 Previous topic | Next topic