Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32443
32443, (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 4 12:17:20 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Dastro perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:136
32448, RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile
Posted by Dastro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this was my first real thief in my 10 or so years of cf. I really enjoyed the character for the most part. Thief skills were nice and trying to straddle a few paths to get the most effective skills was fun. The whole scion induction process fustrated me however. Dastro didn't take any #### from anyone and wasn't affraid to tell people to #### off to thier face. The hoops he was made to jump through he could only stand for so long. Treanolar's "tasks" for a recommendation so he could speak to the advisor nearly broke his will to join scion but he completed them. Getting a key to ktengs lab at rank 30 or so was a big pain in the nuts as running into any mobs in the underdark was prett much a mob death for him, but I was able to get the key. Then the yakrov thing, and the muse telling him he had to learn to write a note better (my first note was about on a 1st grade writing level) just finalized it. So I wrote a rather nasty note in perfect english telling them to go #### off and now he would be hunting them etc. That was some fun #### but left him with not a single ally. At that point the gear he mostly looted from the hamash thief lord guy kept him going. I was able to kill few people solo, but had a hard time getting it through my head I could NOT go toe to toe with a warrior. With my two usualy gold spots reduced to crap, I had no will to gather preps and went with those I was able to steal. So when I died, I was done and could finally delete having lost my shinies. I had alot of fun cursing everyone to high hell like I thought one pissed off jaded duergar should. Questions, comments, complaints, feel free, I'll reply back surely.
32450, Too bad
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to some rather shady dealings with you }(
32457, RE: Too bad
Posted by Dastro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, if you threw me a sanc or a rej at the giant, I wouldn't have died! would have blow your cover a bit however, guess you could have played it off like you just wanted the rager guy to die. But yeah, You getting booted made him interesting again. At that point I was almost trying to get killed and started playing a tad bit more conversatively, if you can call tripping a berzerker staff spec at the giant conservative...
32451, RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kept envisioning you wearing a silver plate over most of your head and bossing Cobra Commander around. :)
32452, hahaha
Posted by dastro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeap, destro was my inspiration for this char. One mean ass dude who didn't take crap from anyone. COOOBRAAAA!
32453, RE: (DELETED) [None] Dastro the Master of Guile
Posted by Glassmender on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good point about the scion induction thing. How can you be a strong, independent char when the whole induction process is to make you crawl like a dog. Its a catch 22- and they should do it differently.
Questlike induction is bs anyway.
Actually this gather 3 recomendations in village is similar bs too. Better to give the applicant a chance after a decent interview then uninduct later if needed ( and imms can further punish with betrayer flag, etc)