Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edhedeyan Bescham the Crusader, Fi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31013
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 15-Sep-04 07:20 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31013, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edhedeyan Bescham the Crusader, First of the Father"

Wed Sep 15 07:17:03 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Edhedeyan perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:105

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, I think I hate myself for this., permanewbie, 15-Sep-04 07:45 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this., Velkurah, 15-Sep-04 08:21 AM, #2
     Reply Oh!, permanewbie, 15-Sep-04 08:22 AM, #3
     Reply Damn it., Etalia (Guest), 15-Sep-04 08:41 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this., Elsworth (Guest), 18-Sep-04 02:21 PM, #5
     Reply Don't worry..., Alarian, 18-Sep-04 09:45 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this., Grurk Muouk, 24-Sep-04 07:31 AM, #7

permanewbieWed 15-Sep-04 07:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31016, "Well, I think I hate myself for this."
In response to Reply #0

The circumstances behind this character still have me belly laughing, for a number of reasons.

I rolled this paladin in a certain mindset, with a few pre-concieved notions of how this character would go.

1) I had just had a talk with an old friend on how I did not believe any paladin should follow an evil god.

2) After playing Odrirg, I was going to give a go at trying to rp a priest class with a sphere not covered and a made-up god, for a number of reasons.

3) After getting runner-up in a role contest with Odrirg (Damned Alarian! FEH) I had resigned myself to not winning a contest, and just made a role that I thought would be fun.

So what happens with this char?

1) His god turns evil, and tattoo's him...and Ed rationalizes it fairly well in my opinion.

2) I happen to pick a sphere that ends up in Grurk's religion, I was fully expecting a 3-4 week wait for empowerment...when it happened right away it blew my mind....then all the immteraction was just WAY cool.

3) I finally win a role contest!

And all of the above changes to what I was expecting served to make this character all the more fun for me.

So, if I was having all this fun with this paladin, why did I delete?

A few reasons.

1) even before this char, I was having trouble getting into Odrirg's role because it was "heavy", for health reasons I don't want to go into. And this char turned out "heavier" that I expected.

2) The aftermath of hurricane Francis also made it difficult to get back into the "heavy" role.

3) I had an utter and complete inability to close a kill. Heh. Something that made me increasingly frustrated ooc, as killing evil was so pivotal to his role. Early on, I died alot because I had just gotten through playing a dwarf shaman hero with loads of hp, loads of mana, and protective shield.....and you can stay in BAD fights alot longer with that character than you can with a 2-hander paladin with low hp and low mana. Later on, it seemed I died because I just didn't know how to use what I had.

I had alot of friends, and alot of plans, and I apologize to everyone who invested anything into Ed. Especially Grurk. Boy was I surprised when your religion came out. A VERY nice religion, and I think it fills a nich in the Pantheon that needed to be filled. Maybe someday in the future I'll give it another go.

I'll see about buying the pb post as soon as I have the cash.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

VelkurahWed 15-Sep-04 08:21 AM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
#31021, "RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this."
In response to Reply #1

Going over to Grurk?! Seduced by the dark side... such a shame.

Okay, just kidding. This seemed like another nice character. Hope your next isn't quite so heavy. Oh, and check out my forum when you get a chance. I was hoping to get some info from you.

Velk

permanewbieWed 15-Sep-04 08:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
#31022, "Oh!"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry, must have missed that post. I'll email it as soon as I find the cd I had burned all my Odrirg stuff onto.
"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Etalia (Guest)Wed 15-Sep-04 08:41 PM

#31049, "Damn it."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked you. Thanks for bitch ranking me through the beginning levels. Those are the hardest for a thief. Not like you had really much choice since your selection of traveling partners was pretty much me and a pile of evil. Thanks for choosing me.

Elsworth (Guest)Sat 18-Sep-04 02:21 PM

#31183, "RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were great... wish you hadn't deleted too.

AlarianSat 18-Sep-04 09:45 PM
Member since 02nd Sep 2004
61 posts
#31194, "Don't worry..."
In response to Reply #1

....I hate you for it too.

I never would of guessed you were the same guy who played Odrirg, really different, each unique. Good job and stop deleting good chars, gah.

Grurk MuoukFri 24-Sep-04 07:31 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31282, "RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this."
In response to Reply #1

PBF says it all.

Hope you had fun and good luck with the next.

Grurk

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31013 Previous topic | Next topic