Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edhedeyan Bescham the Crusader, First of the Father
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=31013
31013, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edhedeyan Bescham the Crusader, First of the Father
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 15 07:17:03 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Edhedeyan perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:105
31016, Well, I think I hate myself for this.
Posted by permanewbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The circumstances behind this character still have me belly laughing, for a number of reasons.

I rolled this paladin in a certain mindset, with a few pre-concieved notions of how this character would go.

1) I had just had a talk with an old friend on how I did not believe any paladin should follow an evil god.

2) After playing Odrirg, I was going to give a go at trying to rp a priest class with a sphere not covered and a made-up god, for a number of reasons.

3) After getting runner-up in a role contest with Odrirg (Damned Alarian! FEH) I had resigned myself to not winning a contest, and just made a role that I thought would be fun.

So what happens with this char?

1) His god turns evil, and tattoo's him...and Ed rationalizes it fairly well in my opinion.

2) I happen to pick a sphere that ends up in Grurk's religion, I was fully expecting a 3-4 week wait for empowerment...when it happened right away it blew my mind....then all the immteraction was just WAY cool.

3) I finally win a role contest!

And all of the above changes to what I was expecting served to make this character all the more fun for me.

So, if I was having all this fun with this paladin, why did I delete?

A few reasons.

1) even before this char, I was having trouble getting into Odrirg's role because it was "heavy", for health reasons I don't want to go into. And this char turned out "heavier" that I expected.

2) The aftermath of hurricane Francis also made it difficult to get back into the "heavy" role.

3) I had an utter and complete inability to close a kill. Heh. Something that made me increasingly frustrated ooc, as killing evil was so pivotal to his role. Early on, I died alot because I had just gotten through playing a dwarf shaman hero with loads of hp, loads of mana, and protective shield.....and you can stay in BAD fights alot longer with that character than you can with a 2-hander paladin with low hp and low mana. Later on, it seemed I died because I just didn't know how to use what I had.

I had alot of friends, and alot of plans, and I apologize to everyone who invested anything into Ed. Especially Grurk. Boy was I surprised when your religion came out. A VERY nice religion, and I think it fills a nich in the Pantheon that needed to be filled. Maybe someday in the future I'll give it another go.

I'll see about buying the pb post as soon as I have the cash.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"
31021, RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this.
Posted by Velkurah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Going over to Grurk?! Seduced by the dark side... such a shame.

Okay, just kidding. This seemed like another nice character. Hope your next isn't quite so heavy. Oh, and check out my forum when you get a chance. I was hoping to get some info from you.

Velk
31022, Oh!
Posted by permanewbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry, must have missed that post. I'll email it as soon as I find the cd I had burned all my Odrirg stuff onto.
"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"
31049, Damn it.
Posted by Etalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked you. Thanks for bitch ranking me through the beginning levels. Those are the hardest for a thief. Not like you had really much choice since your selection of traveling partners was pretty much me and a pile of evil. Thanks for choosing me. :)
31183, RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this.
Posted by Elsworth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were great... wish you hadn't deleted too.
31194, Don't worry...
Posted by Alarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
....I hate you for it too. :P

I never would of guessed you were the same guy who played Odrirg, really different, each unique. Good job and stop deleting good chars, gah.
31282, RE: Well, I think I hate myself for this.
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
PBF says it all.

Hope you had fun and good luck with the next.

Grurk