Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Jugorath the Cowardly Assistant in Bat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30060
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 15-Aug-04 08:41 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30060, "(DELETED) [None] Jugorath the Cowardly Assistant in Battle, Fair-Weather Soldier"

Wed Aug 11 22:07:46 2004

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dragon

on the Theran calendar Jugorath perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:196

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nice charactor, Lightmaged (Guest), 13-Aug-04 06:32 PM, #2
Reply Hmm, doesn't look that way, Daurwyn (Guest), 14-Aug-04 03:09 AM, #3
Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 14-Aug-04 09:20 AM, #4
Reply RE: Yup., Unregis Vimal (Guest), 14-Aug-04 12:30 PM, #6
     Reply Just so it's out there:, Valguarnera, 14-Aug-04 12:32 PM, #7
          Reply Uhh I beg to differ big guy., Vlad (Guest), 14-Aug-04 07:10 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Uhh I beg to differ big guy., Valguarnera, 14-Aug-04 08:48 PM, #10
                    Reply *shrug* Was just pointing out, sometimes you guys to fi..., Vlad (Guest), 15-Aug-04 04:07 AM, #11
Reply Well i guess my times dont mesh..., Lightmaged (Guest), 14-Aug-04 03:38 PM, #8
Reply Gonna have to disagree, Vlad (Guest), 14-Aug-04 09:42 AM, #5
Reply Deleted message, Magus, 12-Aug-04 01:31 AM, #1
     Reply RE: unfounded accusations:, Valguarnera, 12-Aug-04 09:24 PM, #12

Lightmaged (Guest)Fri 13-Aug-04 06:32 PM

#30094, "Nice charactor"
In response to Reply #0

Despite the few Imms that probably saw little of your actions, you were well skilled and deadly. One needs only look at your PK ratio. I can attest to seeing many of your fights which werent in gangs..You also helped my shifter rank a bit, with just the two of us...thanks for that.

Pity their is jealousy when one looks upon someone that puts out such good numbers......hence all the ganging whines.

CYa

Daurwyn (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 03:09 AM

#30100, "Hmm, doesn't look that way"
In response to Reply #2

I never saw the character, so I have nothing to whine about, but when imm comments both note that someone is a fairweather player and "the most gang happy player they've ever seen" plus that "most of their kills are gangs (imms can see this stat if I'm not mistaken), it sounds like fact, not jealousy.

Quite how you figure pk ratio means they were good in light of the above I'm a bit baffled. They might have been good, but pk ratio means nothing if you fair-weather log and gang to get yourself your sweet set.

ValguarneraSat 14-Aug-04 09:20 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30102, "Yup."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sat 14-Aug-04 09:20 AM

I had the same impression Arvam (and others who approached me, but didn't history) did, so I went to the logs and other data to confirm what I thought I was seeing.

Turns out it was far worse than I thought, and his title was adjusted to reflect the reputation he built. If he was trying to roleplay someone with that reputation (which is a valid angle for a duergar, though one that will likely earn you a lot of scorn), that's fine, which is why no penalty was assessed at that time.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Unregis Vimal (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 11:10 AM

#30104, "RE: Yup."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 14-Aug-04 12:30 PM

I agree with the gank only RP for a duergar. I do not agree with the fair weather player part. I think there should be a far harsher penalty for people who log on their characters when their cabals are strong. Jugorath just made me sick to the stomach. In the beginning of his years, it was always him, (*an active character*), and Yveer. Then he joined the Scions and it was only him on when the Scions were strong.

When Zavin and Kungkruk deleted, for about two weeks Scion was very weak. Where was Jugorath? My money, playing his alt/main.

Good thing I'm not an IMM, there definitely would have been some tampering with his specs and stripping of those swordmaster's gauntlets.

ValguarneraSat 14-Aug-04 12:32 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30107, "Just so it's out there:"
In response to Reply #6

Good thing I'm not an IMM, there definitely would have been some tampering with his specs and stripping of those swordmaster's gauntlets.

We don't silently tamper over a rules issue. If there's a problem (and Jugorath had certain groupmates forbidden to him because of a permagrouping problem), we handle it directly.

Vlad (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 07:10 PM

#30117, "Uhh I beg to differ big guy."
In response to Reply #7

I once had skills removed without any notice or anything, and for a long time I thought my character was bugged. I prayed about it a lot, and finally someone told me why it had been done. Sure would have been nice to know that before all the praying.

ValguarneraSat 14-Aug-04 08:48 PM
6904 posts
#30118, "RE: Uhh I beg to differ big guy."
In response to Reply #9

I'd hardly call "my warcry completely stops working" 'silent'. I'm saying we're not going to screw around in a way that you wouldn't notice.

From the helpfile:
A warcry should not be chosen lightly, for those who shout uninspiring or inappropriate words have been known to lose the beneficial effects that the warcry might bring.

Vlad (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 04:07 AM

#30130, "*shrug* Was just pointing out, sometimes you guys to fi..."
In response to Reply #10

nt

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 03:38 PM

#30111, "Well i guess my times dont mesh..."
In response to Reply #3

I personally saw him kill alot solo. Even if he did gang alot....100 kills with majority of them being in gangs as you said, is impressive. Bigger the gangs...less kills.

Im only stating what Ive seen. Maybe the IMMs in question play diferent times and have seen the other side of the char.

I should rephrase then....

From my own perspective...well done.

SHeesh

Vlad (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 09:42 AM

#30103, "Gonna have to disagree"
In response to Reply #2

I fought him a fair bit as Cele, and not once would he hang in for even the medium haul in a fight, let alone the long haul, unless he had 1 or 2 people with him. Even in many of those fights he would haul ass long before he was very hurt. If he was alone and saw me, he'd vanish. No balls at all.

MagusThu 12-Aug-04 09:18 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
15 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30062, "Deleted message"
In response to Reply #0

No message

Dub me Lord Abortion- the living dead.

ValguarneraSun 15-Aug-04 08:41 AM
6904 posts
#30077, "RE: unfounded accusations:"
In response to Reply #1

If you want to make an accusation that a player cheated, email the imms. If you have no proof and you are just pointing fingers, don't use our forums.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30060 Previous topic | Next topic