Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Tcbeknis the Master of Brass" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23020
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 23-Dec-03 12:00 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2024
16978 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23020, "(DELETED) [None] Tcbeknis the Master of Brass"

Tue Dec 23 10:57:56 2003

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tcbeknis perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:98
PK Ratio:23% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tcbeknis (Guest)Wed 24-Dec-03 02:14 PM

#23042, "Quick experiment"
In response to Reply #0

Hadn't played a warrior since the new practice bonus with leveling so thought I'd try it out. I deliberately didn't level sit to practice any skills, either offense or defense. Just ranked and tanked as best I could, used two practices per skill I thought I would use and one for some like haggle and berserk, non for things like pugil ect. Only well I took second spec as Polearm did I spend a little while on charge.
Conclusion: no matter what you have to spend some time at low levels practicing. relying on the random skills bonus just does not cut it. I found trying to get distance up as a second defense spec was horrendous, I tanked better with Flourentine and two swords.
Also trying to get through to legacies as no cabal evil is a nightmare. As soon as I had heros in range I spent more time trying to stay dressed and running from packs of goodies and sylvans.
Anyway and interesting couple of weeks, I would have probably lived longer most times if I had cared about gear and preps more but it wasn't all that important to me. Sorry to those I travelled with about times I would just dissapear and void. Playing from work (bad bad bad) has some disadvantages. I'll do something more interesting when I have time and loathed though I am to say it: it's going to require a cabal if it's a warrior again.

Deme: I expect to see you lich in the near future. I'm sure lots of people were thinking we perma'd, but coincidental log on times and a similar loner type play just kind of threw us together. I was happy to see you getting more and more into your roleplay as we went along. Good luck.

Flarkle: would have like to fight you on even footing at some point. You always had about 6+ ranks on me and the advantage of cabal backup. Love the bear thing.

thats it laters.
Happy holidays

Dem (Guest)Thu 25-Dec-03 10:16 AM

#23058, "RE: Quick experiment"
In response to Reply #1

Heya!

Well done, liked you.
You've been dying a bloody lot, hell, as did I, but does that matter?
Always appreciated your company, though it's a pity that you didn't heroed - things would go much easier for you if you would. Also, think, damn, my advice about polearm weren't good, curses. Should go for those bloody axes, hell!

flarkle (Guest)Thu 25-Dec-03 09:07 PM

#23069, "RE: Quick experiment"
In response to Reply #1

You didn't doo too bad.

Tips to survive as a uncabaled evil, don't consistantly gank sylvans, sylvans more then any other cabal will hold a grudge and the whole cabal will react. Rip off or loot a sylvan one time and all sylvans will hunt you until the end of time basically.

On a side note, I never ever stopped to learn skills, they got better as I ranked and pkayed, and I do just fine, even my dagger skills improve just fine and I took that as a second spec.

now as a fire sword spec you did fine. Inever got a chance at you one on one, but i still enjoyed our fights. I did have a number of ranks on you and against my legacies how much hp you have matters a lot. I could take you out with one flurry from near perfect health so I was not very afraid even when you were with a gang. next time try reduce and bash or trip, it would be more effective, that or just flat out disarm, i mean its you a necro who can blind, and a but load of mobs that have blunt attacks, skip flurry, just disarm, without flourintine I have to rely on my defensive legacy and zombies tear through me even when I have swords.

luck on your next make a sylvan warrior, they gonna need a new one soon

Hargischtick (Guest)Fri 26-Dec-03 04:15 PM

#23082, "well..was hopin you'd help me out"
In response to Reply #1

You were very knowledgable and amenable for a fire giant.
Was hoping we'd become strong allies in the future but I
know how throw-away characters go.

Roll up another and keep on truckin...thats the fun of it.

the game never ends.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23020 Previous topic | Next topic