Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Tcbeknis the Master of Brass
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=23020
23020, (DELETED) [None] Tcbeknis the Master of Brass
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 23 10:57:56 2003

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tcbeknis perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:98
PK Ratio:23% (closer to 100% is better)

23042, Quick experiment
Posted by Tcbeknis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hadn't played a warrior since the new practice bonus with leveling so thought I'd try it out. I deliberately didn't level sit to practice any skills, either offense or defense. Just ranked and tanked as best I could, used two practices per skill I thought I would use and one for some like haggle and berserk, non for things like pugil ect. Only well I took second spec as Polearm did I spend a little while on charge.
Conclusion: no matter what you have to spend some time at low levels practicing. relying on the random skills bonus just does not cut it. I found trying to get distance up as a second defense spec was horrendous, I tanked better with Flourentine and two swords.
Also trying to get through to legacies as no cabal evil is a nightmare. As soon as I had heros in range I spent more time trying to stay dressed and running from packs of goodies and sylvans.
Anyway and interesting couple of weeks, I would have probably lived longer most times if I had cared about gear and preps more but it wasn't all that important to me. Sorry to those I travelled with about times I would just dissapear and void. Playing from work (bad bad bad) has some disadvantages. I'll do something more interesting when I have time and loathed though I am to say it: it's going to require a cabal if it's a warrior again.

Deme: I expect to see you lich in the near future. I'm sure lots of people were thinking we perma'd, but coincidental log on times and a similar loner type play just kind of threw us together. I was happy to see you getting more and more into your roleplay as we went along. Good luck.

Flarkle: would have like to fight you on even footing at some point. You always had about 6+ ranks on me and the advantage of cabal backup. Love the bear thing.

thats it laters.
Happy holidays
23058, RE: Quick experiment
Posted by Dem on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heya!

Well done, liked you.
You've been dying a bloody lot, hell, as did I, but does that matter?
Always appreciated your company, though it's a pity that you didn't heroed - things would go much easier for you if you would. Also, think, damn, my advice about polearm weren't good, curses. Should go for those bloody axes, hell!
23069, RE: Quick experiment
Posted by flarkle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You didn't doo too bad.

Tips to survive as a uncabaled evil, don't consistantly gank sylvans, sylvans more then any other cabal will hold a grudge and the whole cabal will react. Rip off or loot a sylvan one time and all sylvans will hunt you until the end of time basically.

On a side note, I never ever stopped to learn skills, they got better as I ranked and pkayed, and I do just fine, even my dagger skills improve just fine and I took that as a second spec.

now as a fire sword spec you did fine. Inever got a chance at you one on one, but i still enjoyed our fights. I did have a number of ranks on you and against my legacies how much hp you have matters a lot. I could take you out with one flurry from near perfect health so I was not very afraid even when you were with a gang. next time try reduce and bash or trip, it would be more effective, that or just flat out disarm, i mean its you a necro who can blind, and a but load of mobs that have blunt attacks, skip flurry, just disarm, without flourintine I have to rely on my defensive legacy and zombies tear through me even when I have swords.

luck on your next make a sylvan warrior, they gonna need a new one soon
23082, well..was hopin you'd help me out
Posted by Hargischtick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were very knowledgable and amenable for a fire giant.
Was hoping we'd become strong allies in the future but I
know how throw-away characters go.

Roll up another and keep on truckin...thats the fun of it.

the game never ends.