Subject: "(DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17212
Show all folders

Alvoroiz (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 12:13 PM

#17212, "(DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters"

My interest in Alvoroiz has been waning for some time, but I was hanging on for the return of Empire. Since I can't join, (wasn't that big of a surprise really) I went ahead and deleted.

I rolled Alvoroiz in with the intention of making him a scion (more or less by default). I had a recommendation from Ghuljun at one point (when were were in the thirties) but never had much luck with the chancellor or advisor, so didnt get inducted. Once i herod and Thornarcrull asked me to travel the first time, I pretty much forgot about trying to become a Scion.

This is my fifth hero shifter since the transmuter split, largely because I don't seem to be able to get anything else to hero anymore. I've had gator twice and think it is one of the better overall forms now, though i've never had a lion (have had jaguar and tiger before). Being aqautice is huge the damage reductions and regen are nice if slight, and the big hits, espcially toward the end of a fight are devastating. I'd take eagle, owl, or falcon over osprey, but the only one of those ive actually had is eagle. Dive with osprey then roll with gator was ok, but I rarely got to excute this and dont think i ever got a kill from it.

I'll write my farewells later.

former characters include Varlys, Arthlow, Rilius ( scion shifters), Anurius (Scion Conj) Turgesn (Scion Shaman), and Zruulg (Empire Shaman) among others even more worthless.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters, Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:44 PM, #10
Reply Farewells, Alvoroiz (Guest), 30-Apr-03 11:31 AM, #5
Reply Tenatious is the word that springs to mind...., Lruthlor (Guest), 30-Apr-03 02:26 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewells, Straklaw, 30-Apr-03 09:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: Farewells, Alvoroiz (Guest), 01-May-03 10:22 AM, #9
Reply RE: Farewells, Zargu, 01-May-03 03:13 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters, Zepachu, 30-Apr-03 12:46 AM, #4
Reply You stuck in there., Briessa (Guest), 29-Apr-03 05:37 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters, Thornarcrull (Guest), 29-Apr-03 03:01 PM, #2
Reply Was fun..., Sakard (Guest), 29-Apr-03 12:40 PM, #1

FahnroreSat 03-May-03 06:44 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17325, "RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters"
In response to Reply #0

This one was definitely a thorn in my side. The alligator was brutal! Kicked my ass several times. Well done.

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Alvoroiz (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 11:31 AM

#17232, "Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Empire

Thornarcrull: I always liked you, though I never had a negative encounter with you. I personally think most of the animosity directed toward you is because you cause lots of people to die (enemies), at least ic.

Zekasiq: I would have never guess you were Zepachu. I actually thought you were a newer player, though it made sense once i found out this was your first communer and the ammount to time you spent unempowered. It was interesting to see someone making a power play. Have to say i agree with the assesment though you didnt really play an evil, not like I did but I didnt have empowerment to worry about.

Sakard: Somone else that seem kinda new to me, though your tactics are improving and your roleplay i though was some of the better i had seen, especially in the imperial camp.

Narissa: Congratulations on imming. Always like traveling with you and i though we did pretty well together the few times it was just us.

Scions

Ghuljun: One of the more interesting characters ive seen in a while. I enjoyed our interactions, and would like to have had more, but since i gave up on the scion thing, i didnt always feel comfortable.

Zharaluzar: Always good times traveling with you. I found your and zekasiq's spats amusing. Never worried about dieing when we where together, though i did die with you around a few times.

Sylvan

Griimbling:
Had to be one of my favorite people to fight. If a healer was around, i tended to win, if not you. The memory of you that always came to mind was the first time you killed me and returning to my corpse to hear you talking about greedy treants.

Eclinsan:
Think the times i actually killed you i was outnumbers and you just ended up being the person in front of the gator fun fights anyway

Cardiel: I never saw you die, very evasive

Fortress

Briessa: By the time you hero'd i had quit gathering preps, though from the times i fought you i dont think aura shield and protection would have been enough for me. I am sure a lot of people were releived when you deleted

Karun: Killed you lots, seemed like you felt like you needed to defend regardless of the situation. I can repspect that, but it got you killed many times.

Lruthlor: Very tough paladin. Dont think i ever saw you die to a one on one.

Fahnrore: Could dish a lot of damage, took a lot of damage on occasion as well.

Ragers

Dalyar:
Toward the end didnt seem like you cared, which from what you said was true. We had some good fights before grogim immd

Aidamo:
Died to you several times, killed you a few (with help). Seemed like decent rager

Rugokar: Telling someone you'll group in a attempt to come kill them really annoys, unless you are evil. Was not upset when you got the boot, guess you never got back in.

Warlocks
Shark guy: cant remeber your name, but i definely remeber the form, ouch

Invoker i got the nice gear from: cant remember your name either, but you were very hard to pin down when you werent spamming. Probably the luckiest kill i got.

Anyone else

Sure i am forgetting a lot of people, if you care enough to post, i will respond.

Lruthlor (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 02:26 PM

#17233, "Tenatious is the word that springs to mind...."
In response to Reply #5

I think I died to you and Narissa once. I you showed up and chomped me just as she dispelled my sanc. Well timed kill. I'll look out the log for you.
You were certainly one of the most tenatious, you would keep coming. I lost count of how many times we tangled and you would flap off and heal and be right back at it. Whenever I saw you around I activated my #alis qq {shieldbash osprey} in hopes of nailing you before you shifted and getting some damage off.

As always with evils verbal interchanges were few, but I liked your style.

Good luck with the next....or should I say "see you when you and your Empire buddies show up" =0P

StraklawWed 30-Apr-03 09:20 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17234, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #5

Bah, I guess running around killing people with somebody doesn't even earn you a mention anymore. Enjoyed having you around, you always seemed competant and able. Now for my obligatory shameless orc promoting;

Come back as an orc! With ingest spoils to keep your water containers from shattering, and the uber-powerful, ultimate deathful skill dirt kicking, you'll be invincible!

Alvoroiz (Guest)Thu 01-May-03 10:22 AM

#17250, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #7

Actually was gonna post something about you and two ragers I had forgotten today. Orc chiefs are beautiful things, always fun traveling with a hoarde. Orcs seem fun to play, but also seem like they die an awful lot. As much as I die with things that are suppose to be survivable, even with 24 con to start with I might be in trouble. Gratz on Imm'ng.

ZarguThu 01-May-03 03:13 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#17245, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #5

>Zharaluzar: Always good times traveling with you. I found your and zekasiq's spats amusing. Never worried about dieing when we where together, though i did die with you around a few times.

Bah, another one gone! I was allways hoping to see you on, but the time between became greater and greater. You died with me around you?! Never think that i have seen you die, perhaps i have been off exploring somewhere...

Good luck with your next, and do come back!

ZepachuWed 30-Apr-03 12:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17224, "RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters"
In response to Reply #0

Zruulg. Heh. For some reason I had that feeling. Even though it was years ago, like 3, when I was Zepachu (Imperial Blade) and you were Zruulg... at some point when we were interacting a lot when I was Zek and you as Alv, I thought it was you. I still remember way back when... When you wanted to hero so bad, you went even as far as summoning elites into the Palace itself for safety reasons. Helped you kill much of those. Heh.

Well done with Alvoroiz, as I said in my own farewell note. My advice? Try another type of character. Five hero shapeshifters is commendable, sure, but you're gonna get sick of it sooner or later Nicely done, good luck with your next.

Briessa (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 05:37 PM

#17221, "You stuck in there."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed chasing you down when you were about, because you seemed to have alot of lightwalkers looking over their shoulders. You seemed to be loosing interest in your charactor as I was gaining, funny how we both got bored quickly.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 03:01 PM

#17217, "RE: (DEL) Alvoroiz, The Grandmaster of Shapeshifters"
In response to Reply #0

A shame to see you giving up so fast, without even any investigation. Sakard is absolutely right and anything is possble; in my opinion, you had a good chances, which no other shapeshifter will ever have. Especially after you survived meeting with the Lords. Good luck with your next shapeshifter.

Sakard (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 12:40 PM

#17213, "Was fun..."
In response to Reply #0

You gave up too fast! Anything (Or almost) is possible with roleplay. But since it's done...I wish to tell you how I enjoyed having you around. Quite skilled and helpful. We had some good and hard times together...yet another who's gone...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17212 Previous topic | Next topic