Subject: "(Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Justicia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17170
Show all folders

Jesrelres (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 04:24 PM

#17170, "(Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Justicia..."

Where to begin: I suppose an explanation, real life type, then on to the accolades and bravos I wish to share.

This deletion, in many ways, is a surprise to me, as to everyone else. I had begun playing less the past two weeks, due to working seven days a week (the busy shipping season) and felt the crunch of time, however, everything changed come friday of this week, as I discovered I would be starting graduate school three months early. This meant, then, that I had hardly any money saved, and so am doing all I can to save for that first period before my assistantship starts, which means such fun things as no caller id, cable tv, or sadly a cable modem. I own no other type of modem (than the net card) and so much say farewell for a little over a month. Given all this, my only true option is to delete, and try and not look back over the 400 hours I spent.

Now to the character. Jesrelres was my second back after a long drought (over a year). My first, Celaranin , was a lot of fun but ended up bringing about a desire for my true love--the law cabals. I began Jes quickly, after I lost contact with the character of Celaranin over a long christmas break. Jesrelres was meant to be, in some senses, reminiscent of Justin, kindly orderly chap. I had grand plans for him, some accomplished, some not. I wanted to be a leader, justicair, and some type of beacon for order. I pondered immorting with Jes, but that is a discussion for another day. I had other plans, including a desire to create some lyceum works, and hold some lectures to help "spread" order, with some type of higher "power" focused on building and the inherent beauty/goodness of it all. This all was the theory. The practical reality of Jes was a bit different.

The beginning of my life went well, inducted later than I wanted, but that was Farnsworth's gig. I'd like to give a mention to "Dalistin" shaman Mag. of HM, who was my "best friend" in this period. I quickly ended up, I think, often the lone tribunal. Futaleufu, a good person, just couldn't play enough. Eventually I became leader, had a chance to partially favor the lightwalkers and be a goodly chap, but had problems due to that damn sylvan war. I, the player, was glad to have some people to fight, but Jes couldn't understand the whole war. It was during this war that the Spire started inducting like wild, and we found some really good people, such as Jamain. We won, killing far more warders than I'd have liked, but I suppose if you have to fight, do it all the way. This led to Justicair, and all of which went well, till my sudden time crunch. That about sums up my life, for you brave few still reading.

I can't say I'm a great player/killer. I did what I could, and think I did a decent job as leader, at the least. Not more I can say, really--shouldn't have too much of an ego maybe.

So on to the mentions for those I can remember. As a preface, let me warn I have a poor memory, and if you wish a response to something, I will do as I can--I will occasionally use a computer from a friends to peruse/write {and feed any fixes I may have}.

Tribunal:

Imms: Good people, not much I can say, we only interacted briefly.

Jamain: My leader/best buddy type. You were a good aide, no matter what I needed, you were my go to man. You were a better leader than I, much more neutral/just than my own leanings.

Orein: I didn't care for you too much. I used your services, they were good, but for whatever reason, we just didn't click well.

Synterak: Good man, I wish you had played more. You were more a novice than Jamain, but I had a view of more Provincials, equating more potential leaders, js/vs etc.

Cole: I liked you, a lot. Good rp, good work all around. Good man basically.

Futaleufu: You were a good person, young in many ways, but I truly believe you tried.

In General, most magistrates I liked. I thought many of you were young, but you were dedicated, and that has been more important to me, since my very first character. I really wish I could recall more names with something--just no memory I suppose.

Warlock:

Jhard: You were there for me, a contemporary who shared similar enemies, not by choice. We had a good friendship, and good teasing/story telling.

Fortress:

Khalazid: I liked you, and how you ran things--you just struck me as a good guy, who I would have hung out with more, if I'd been a bit freer.

Herald:

Airael: I knew you really well as Celaranin, and that was hard for me at first with Jes, not going to be too buddy like. You're a really dedicated person, and I totally respect you for it.

Lynnette: You also did a lot for the Inn, something nice about knowing two high herald types are out there to rp.

Sylvan:

Griimbling: I didn't care for you, my attempts to speak with you were typically just ignored. I sorta figured you for baron wannabe.

Starkad: Shamans are tough, sylvan shaman especially. We didn't speak all that much, but I definetly knew to keep an eye out for you.

Iell: Well...you were annoying too--you did up and vanish, which was a shame .

Dacheal: Good guy, though I didn't know you too well.

Selenquey/Mhreia: The ones I could talk sensibly with. I was so glad to have people agree with me on that whole stupid war thing.

Ragers:

I really didn't speak to many of you, outside Sabiene who I could have liked. Just a group that I tried to stay away from.

Others:

The rest, well I hardly knew your cabals at all. Scion's spoke to me some, but just wasn't for me to get involved with.

A special mention to Dwibbledorf, just for trying hard and dying alot. Keep up the work, its how you get things done

Well, in conclusion, I've said a lot. I leave feeling I wish I had done more, I truly planed to age die with this one. But that's the way of things. I hope everything goes well, especially for my magistrates . Goodbye everyone, keep up the great game, and I hope to see you all in 6 weeks from a new state and new wonderful back in college outlook.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ARGH!, Airael (Guest), 04-May-03 09:32 PM, #17
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:37 PM, #16
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Deaugaulth (Guest), 03-May-03 03:56 PM, #15
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Synterak (Guest), 02-May-03 03:27 PM, #14
Reply JESRELRES!!, Dalistin (Guest), 30-Apr-03 09:47 AM, #13
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Dacheal (Guest), 29-Apr-03 08:02 AM, #12
Reply Appreciated the Character, Alarin (Guest), 28-Apr-03 04:27 PM, #11
Reply Thanks for all, Tardern (Guest), 28-Apr-03 03:25 PM, #10
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Sabiene, 28-Apr-03 02:17 PM, #9
Reply So long!, Lruthlor (Guest), 28-Apr-03 11:35 AM, #8
Reply Farewell, Uelveyye, 28-Apr-03 11:34 AM, #7
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Noldruk, 28-Apr-03 11:08 AM, #6
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 28-Apr-03 12:04 AM, #5
Reply You'll be missed., Cole (Guest), 27-Apr-03 11:11 PM, #4
Reply *sigh*, Nycoe (Guest), 27-Apr-03 09:05 PM, #3
Reply Great interaction, Eluna (Guest), 27-Apr-03 06:19 PM, #2
Reply RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..., Thaya (Guest), 27-Apr-03 04:33 PM, #1

Airael (Guest)Sun 04-May-03 09:32 PM

#17365, "ARGH!"
In response to Reply #0

UGH! *feels like strangling you*
I do not even know where to begin with you. I both love ya and hate you at the moment for taking Celaranin away! The little I did interact with Jes was great though and I was actually honored to have known Cel too. You sort of killed Airael with dissapearing though and even with Jes you might have noticed that. Very well played on both characters, you must have been the second person I loved interacting with and I hope to meet you again in the fields, although in a different form. (Cause I dont even think Im gonna be alive for long either). Have fun!

FahnroreSat 03-May-03 06:37 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17319, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

I really, really, really liked this one. I wish I could've interacted with you more. Especially when I was talking to you about the Spire raiding the Fortress. That was great. Well done. Can't wait to see your next one.

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Deaugaulth (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 03:56 PM

#17312, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmmm, Liked you alot, You were a bit of a softey Induction wise, but nice fellow and you forgot ME HAR! Go to hell and burn, Heh.... Good char hope to see you in a month or three or 12.. See yHE!

Synterak (Guest)Fri 02-May-03 03:27 PM

#17281, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn those are bad news, you were a good man and and you really had time to those that wanted to speak with you, and sorry that I can not be more, but right now I dont have a connection, and before that was a hard time with exams... it seems that this character will autodelete if I dont get a connection soon.

Anyway that was a nice work, and good luck with your nex char.

ps. that duo thing with sneak is a nice way to check your magistrates.

Dalistin (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 09:47 AM

#17230, "JESRELRES!!"
In response to Reply #0

Man, I really liked your character a lot. So many memories...remember when I ran all over the city looking for Farnsworth? Heheh. We shared some pretty fun bantering back and forth in the lower 40's about who would be the next provost, who made the most money while working, etc etc. And then you made it! Bah! It was by far some of the better roleplaying i've had over the past year or so. I regretted that I deleted Dalistin, it was pretty disappointing and I felt like I let a few people down. I wasn't quite ready to play a shaman at hero ranks.(he was my first) Good luck on your next, I have a feeling you play goodies often. I'm sure we will meet again.

Dalistin, Siandors, and now.....who knows?

Dacheal (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 08:02 AM

#17208, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

That's alright, most people don't know me. The Sylvan/Tribunal war was a pain in the arse, and something that isn't fully dead yet, and probably won't ever be. There will be a leader someday who just brings it back up for the hell of it. Not many people will remember the lone wood-elf who tried to stop it so long ago... but. I liked your character, you did well. I had seen you with another character as well, though not much. Congrats on everything, well done, and all that. Luck on the next.

Dacheal

Alarin (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 04:27 PM

#17194, "Appreciated the Character"
In response to Reply #0

You always have to appreciate a arcane lawman in my opinion. THey can sneak up on you like you wouldn't believe. You helped swell Alarin's pride when I nailed you and almost killed you outside of galadon. I think you thought twice after that about where you walked, and how you went after me. It was a good fight, to say the least. We had quite a few toward the end there. Good work.

Alarin

Tardern (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 03:25 PM

#17193, "Thanks for all"
In response to Reply #0

I knew you when I've played Tardern, Pescipturian, jladomere..
My last shaman pesc, and the warrior Tardern.. Im still trying to
learn the ropes, and those chars I wanted to be a 'bad-ass know it all' type chars, which I wasnt close, but tried, anyhow.. It was
fun throwing our opposite poles of leadership at eachother, wish I could have played a lot better but deleted cause I kept screwing up and just wasnt fitting to keep playing magistrate while making so many errors.. But you always offered me great rp, wether I knew what
I was doing or not, It's people like you that help the younger latter
of the players to learn a bit more through actually teaching and rp IC than me just reading up on dio's or something like that. Very well done, sorry I could'nt have been more, but you were a fav trib of mine, you an farnsworth.. far as the older ones go anyhow, Good luck with the school thing, see you in a few weeks.

Good day.

SabieneMon 28-Apr-03 02:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17191, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't really try to interact with you much before that time near the end once the stirrings of war began, something that I think I regret now. I was content to leave you and yours in the city and keep out of it, for the most part, mostly because I saw whatever harm could be done to magic-using to be outweighed by the harm that would be done to everything else when it came to city fighting (especially in the good cities, with their lightwalking guards).

By all accounts, well played character. I think you're going to do well with your next character, so see you then.

- Sabs

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 11:35 AM

#17188, "So long!"
In response to Reply #0

Well played indeed. You will be missed.

UelveyyeMon 28-Apr-03 11:34 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17187, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

It was good seeing someone else take the track I took, magistrate, leader, Justiciar. I was happy to see someone fill Uel's shoes and I thought you did a great job. I intereacted with you many times and helped as I could. Would have loved to go on the hunt with you as we would have been a leathal combo.

Anyway good luck with the RL stuff. Although it's hard, grad school will be much easier with CF on hold. It was the main reason I stopped playing a few years back, otherwise I would never have gotten finished =0p

NoldrukMon 28-Apr-03 11:08 AM
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17186, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

You did very well and it was good to see someone step up in the rough times you all faced. Oh, and sorry I mistook you for a woman those few times. I think it's the name...

Noldruk

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 12:04 AM

#17184, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

I realised that you didn't like evils for some reason. Though, we have been hunting together from time to time, and even caught some sylvans together. Arcane mage can be deadly, especially provincial magistrate/provost/or such.
Shame, but we didn't speak much. I believe, you are second tribunal after Farnsworth, who worth a mention (Futaleufu, you didn't die yet, so no offensse!).
Good luck with RL stuff. But I discovered, that CF, if played properly, don't ruin it (just you need to realise your own way of disarming CF).

Cole (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 11:11 PM

#17183, "You'll be missed."
In response to Reply #0

The time in the inn with you was a great time RP-wise I thought. It was funny, I went there to update my role at the time and was probably sleeping a really long time and when I woke up, you were sitting there. No idea how many ticks had gone by because if I remember right, I wasn't exactly typing quickly, and I was surprised you didn't just wake me up.

Loved your reactions to my character during the induction interview, but unfortuantely, being a TV magistrate, Cole's a bit away from most of the Provincial/Provost activity. Once you became Justicar, well...that was about the last I saw of you.

Good work while I've been around though, you'll be missed.

Nycoe (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 09:05 PM

#17180, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #0

BOOOOH!! I don't get a mention *sigh*. Thanks for those spells up

Eluna (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 06:19 PM

#17175, "Great interaction"
In response to Reply #0

Even when I was little only like rank 30 I had some great interactions speaking with you and helping out. Then when I got hugely lagged and I hit Sakard into when my lag went through that really sucked. That was a really good experience dealing with you afterwords.

See you in 6 weeks with your new character.

Thaya (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 04:33 PM

#17171, "RE: (Del) Jesrelres the High Wizard of the Arcane, Just..."
In response to Reply #0

I figured you was deleting after the cryptic farewell you gave over the cabal channel. We didn't interact much as I was inducted by Jamain and didn't go through an interview with you. You DID make Justiciar though so well done, good luck with grad school and come to the fields when ya got time

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17170 Previous topic | Next topic